Include full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos

How can I submit a suggestion for the app? I was also really confused that there is a whole series of cooking videos from EatWell and Ayesha Curry but no indication at all about where to find the recipes. Simply putting a note at the bottom
of the promo tile would be helpful but just sharing videos without recipes is kinda lazy and disregards user

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

118 Comments
Akubisek
First Steps

The recipe should accompany the video. With exact amounts and instructions in writing. Videos are nice too. 

Also it would be really great if there was an ADD button to easily put it into our food for the day so we don’t always have to add everything. 

Akubisek
First Steps

Also it would be really great if we could meal plan with this somehow organize it out for the week to keep on track. There also need to be a lot more options

Lanab76
First Steps

This is exactly what I came here to say. The recipes are a huge part of what made me finally decide to try premium. Without measurements and directions, how are we expected to make the recipes? Is there something beyond premium that I don't know about? It's very odd to me that this post has to "get votes" and "gain popularity" in order to be considered, it should just automatically exist... bizarre is the perfect word another poster used. It's almost been a year since the original post was made and here I am, another subscriber looking for the same answer! If it doesn't get added by the time my trial is up, I will go back to Myfitnesspal...

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

The recipes are useless without an ingredients list and nutrition facts.

HeaK
First Steps

I agree 100% that the recipe details need to be included in the premium content. I’m highly dissatisfied that it is not. I signed up for premium assuming that this type of content would be included. This is seems incredibly shortsighted to not include the ingredients, quantities, cooking instructions, and NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION. As the whole point having this information is to allow us as subscribers to use the recipes suggested. 

The quality of and amount of content available to premium subscribers has me rethinking my subscription decision. If this update (at a minimum) is not made, I will be canceling my premium subscription. 

auser123
First Steps
Add a written article detailing recipes listed under nutrition.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@auser123  See https://blog.fitbit.com/?s=recipe

Many recipes and food articles on Fitbit blog.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @auser123, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a written article detailing recipes listed under nutrition. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Jayorr
First Steps

Thank you for this suggestion. 

All recipes should come with quantities and nutritional information. 

I would love to try some of these recipes but with no quantities and no calorie content I'm very reluctant. 

ilovemydoggie
First Steps

I just don’t know how to even track the recipe properly without any of this info. I thought you could at least click the recipe and hit add in your log, but it makes watching all these videos to decide what to eat, and then having to build a trackable recipe for yourself seem like a very unsustainable way to stay healthy when I can just eat a sleeve of crackers out of frustration, still he hangry and now full of regrets 

Jayorr
First Steps

It makes no sense that Fitbit would not have these meals automatically on the food log if they are promoting them. The Fitbit own recipes have no information at all (quantities/method) just a video.

If you go to the EatWell site for their meal ideas you will get the step by step process & nutritional information but that's alot of work going over & back. When I contacted customer service I was advised that Fitbit only require the video is watched.. So it's click bait??? 

Gmilliser
First Steps
Need to add the actual recipes and nutritional info to the recipes in premium.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gmilliser, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

FitSnoop
First Steps
I was dissapointed when joining premium mainly for the recipes to find the videos didn't list the amounts for each ingredient and total of calories per serving. Im sure this would benefit all users greatly
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FitSnoop, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including amount for each ingredient on Premium recipes. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

amcopps
First Steps

I just linked my account to vote and comment on this exact issue. I signed up for premium because Fitbit advertised having recipes. There are no recipes, definitely false advertising. I agree with other posters: I will not be renewing my premium membership if this issue isn't fixed. 

Clarabelle1976
First Steps

Completely agree with the comments here, no recipe, no nutrition information and also if you use the Fitbit to log food, you should be able to add in the Fitbit premium recipe so it automatically counts adds your  calories and nutrition for you. 
Introducing these improvements will make the experience much better. 
I am also on a premium trial and having these what you would expect standard features would actually help convert trials to real subscriptions. 

AJJ3
First Steps

Agree 100% with this suggestion. All this would take is adding the recipe in the description. The recipes are not helpful or usable without the recipe.

Kdhill
First Steps

This is a ridiculous premium feature. A recipe should have measurements, or a link to the eatwell site that lists the full recipe. I love the preview video of these recipes and for the most part you can improvise but when it comes to adding spices, a little more help would be nice. But seriously, include something so useless to the free section of fitbit. 

NessaJayne92
First Steps

I’ve only subscribed so I can comment on this suggestion. How has it been 9 months since this was raised and still no action has been taken? It seems like common sense to include ingredients, quantities and sometimes even calories in a recipe - I’m confused how your designers even got paid labelling something a ‘recipe’ when it’s fundamentally missing the key points above? Can you even legally call it a recipe as it’s misleading advertisement when a lot of people join Premium specifically for the recipes to improve their eating habits. I don’t think I’ll be staying if not resolved in the short term when there are other fitness watch providers with better all round services.

NorthernChic
Jogger

I'm so glad I found this thread! It's been driving me crazy trying to find directions on how to make these delicious looking meals. I can't believe this issue was brought up back in 2021 and it hasn't been addressed! Very disappointed in this premium "feature". These flimsy videos are NOT recipes and I'm not sure why this is not considered false advertising.

tj2gilmore
Jogger

I came to the forum for this exact topic. I just signed up for premium with the hopes to get easy new recipes. This thread has been going on for a year now. The number of likes needed to make a change is silly IMHO. Most people won’t come here to make a suggestion, they’ll just leave. As it stands, the nutrition videos serve no purpose. 

ssheppard
Stepping Up

Exactly! All they care about is bringing people in, making money. They
don't care about keeping people.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

andddlay
First Steps

It is super annoying finding a recipe and not knowing how to make it.  Sure, you can Google it, but that's really not intuitive.

Please add even just a simple link....

Kasfit
Recovery Runner

Im ready to discontinue Premium over th recipes, and the othervinformation you can get on youtube or other free apps!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.