Include full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos

How can I submit a suggestion for the app? I was also really confused that there is a whole series of cooking videos from EatWell and Ayesha Curry but no indication at all about where to find the recipes. Simply putting a note at the bottom
of the promo tile would be helpful but just sharing videos without recipes is kinda lazy and disregards user

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

118 Comments
dlm110360
First Steps

My trial premium is about to ready to expire. Without actual recipes, I see no reason to keep the premium at this time. Those videos were a teaser that made me think the premium would be worth the monthly fee. Without it I'll just do as another suggested and go to the Eating Well website.

Gazmonty
Jogger

I got the premium as a result of the ionic recall and the nutrition tile is one thing I have found so far which let's it down. How can you be expected to remember the process involved let alone work out the ingredients and measurements. Need a recipe list or at least a link.

Margaret99
First Steps
  • Yes please provide the recipes in the app, preferably with nutritional information. 1 minute videos are not recipes.
Jinnu
First Steps

Am quitting Premium after a year of non usage - what is the point of giving enticing videos without accompanying instructions ! And this is so easy to fix - unless the videos are faked! A known brand and a trusted company like yours shouldn’t be taking your customers so much for granted ! 

Boyler84
Recovery Runner
I hear you it’s frustrating. I cancelled my subscription the other month

Sent from my iPhone
Anneeeke
First Steps
Please add written recipe cards with ingredient measurements to the premium recipe videos.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Anneeeke, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding written recipe cards with ingredient measurements on Premium recipe videos. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Nancyb928
First Steps

I totally agree! I thought I was missing something. I would love the measurements etc. since there are a number of comments on this I hope they make a change.

mandafae
First Steps

Just wanted to add another comment here that ingredients/measurements/instructions need to be added. The content available currently isn't even recipes. It's just useless videos. You can't advertise nutrition content as a feature of Premium if this is all you're going to have. Either remove it or give users something they can actually use.

ScottL13
First Steps

This is frustrating. Snappy videos, but zero nutritional information or ingredient quantities. That makes zero sense. This thread goes back more than a year, yet nothing appears to have been done. It is also disappointing that I’ve been following another thread for over a year about the Charge 5 notification screen that cannot be removed or rearranged. After more that seven years of being a Fitbit faithful, I must reluctantly begin to consider getting an Apple Watch. Please do better soon, Fitbit.

Miller3492
First Steps

I agree. This is frustrating to watch a video with no measurements and no way to tell the calories.

WarriorKim
Recovery Runner

I just started exploring the Recipes included in Premium and was amazed and how many I would actually try. 🥗That being said, it’s hard to try them if you don’t know the quantities of ingredients to use! 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: Adding quantities in the notes section would be easy enough to do. I’d love to try them and start using my Premium membership more. Please add the quantities. 🙏🏻

MargaretCarr
First Steps

Please add measurements and instructions to the recipe videos, they are pretty useless without that. I'm confused by their existence as is.

VC500
First Steps

Completely agree with the other comments. These videos are totally useless at the moment. What an absolute con. It's not a recipe if it doesn't actually give you the instructions to recreate the dish! False advertising and really disappointing- this is one of the few features that I thought might make premium worth the subscription cost, but no. Will be cancelling premium at the end of the free trial! 

TimyWimyMac
First Steps

Please give us the actual recipes! Or at least link to them.

How is this still an issue? I see posts from over 18 months ago. This shouldn't be a major change. 

Rollk1
Jogger

It's 2023 and Fitbit still hasn't added recipe directions 😭 

Travis_2244
Jogger

This is insane. A year and a half later and this feature's status is still "Reviewed by Moderator". Reviewed...and no action taken? Fitbit, without this feature your entire catalog of meals is completely useless. You are staffing people to make these videos of food being prepared which provide 0 value to your users. You're presumably also paying for hosting of these videos. It is 100% a waste of both your resources, and your premium users' time/money. Obviously the actual ingredient amounts are known in order to film the video/create the meal. Adding this data to your system and linking it to each recipe either in app or via external URL should be a relatively simple change, and yet it's being ignored. The fact this results in loss both in company resources creating and hosting these videos, and in user subscription fees by providing a useless paid feature should warrant moving this up in priority. After a year and half, it's egregious it's not even on your roadmap for 2023.

WarriorKim
Recovery Runner

I am disappointed with the lack of response to this item. With a recipes feature you SHOULD be including the full recipes - users should not need to request it. It's not a "feature" but a feature component that only makes sense to include. I have cancelled my Premium Membership due to the fact that all the tools just seem to be half baked and not the full deal. FitBit still does what it's originally meant to do...track my steps and fitness. I am going to give them a fail on trying to up their game with adding more features to create a "Premium" option. If all the tools are not working then it's not worth paying $13.49 a month ($161.88/year) for. 

Katiemma3
First Steps

I've just been looking at the ingredient videos and noticed the same as everyone else. Pleased I found this post as I thought I was going mad! But pretty shocked so see people have been complaining and drawing attention to this for a few YEARS and nothing had been done for what is a pretty basic request and something that should be included in any recipe info. Fitbit - is this actually being looked at?! When you're paying for it as well this is pretty bad...

Backontrack77
Jogger

The first post of this topic was 6/2/2021, nearly 19 months ago. Has it been fixed?? Nope!  Fitbit has yet to fix it, other than giving **ahem**ty canned responses. Talk about a company not giving a crap about their income base of subscribers. Just keep being brain dead idiots and subscribe to premium. Garmin or Apple watch offer a much better value. Thank you Fitbit for showing me your premium subscription is pretty much worthless. 

flipperswitch
First Steps

How is this request for 2021 and still not fixed? You can't call it a recipe without measurements and temperatures. If you want to lead with videos fine, but at least link to a written recipe. I'm under a free premium with a new device and I would not pay for this extra content that is unusable in real life.

Nic_
Recovery Runner

Why is this even a question?? Even YouTubers link their sources! I don't understand why Fitbit wouldn't include the ingredients to the recipes that they want us to spend the bandwidth to watch. What a waste of time. Egads.

ssheppard
Stepping Up

I have received close to a hundred responses to this. But they haven't
done anything.

I have already cancelled my Fitbit Premium because of this.

Thanks for reaching out!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Rhunter7617
Base Runner
Recipe only need ingredients and instructions and no videos! I do not want to have to look if it is from some company to then look them up on the internet to find the recipe. I pay for premium was sold to me as that includes recipes!
To be able to filter by food allergies and sensitivities would also be great but 1st things 1st bring recipes back
Kacipoe
First Steps
Include the recipes for the food you have
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.