Increase Graph Scale for Heart Rate (so easier to read)

I was given a Fit Bit Blaze after undergoing a quadruple bypass.  

The intention was that I would be able to share my heart graphs with my GP.  However the heart graphs on the mobile app (I use iphone 6) are really only a token graph because the scale on the graph has a default setting of 40 - 240 bpm, which renders the graph almost illegible.  It would be nice if the scale of the graph was customisable or had more default settings to allow for users of different ages or abilities, say 50-180 bpm, this would make full use of the area available and the graph more detailed, which in turn would make it more relevant for a GP (or anybody in healthcare) looking at it.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

34 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WAC51, nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

richard_dc
Recovery Runner

On the iPhone app, when displaying heart rate, the vertical y-axis is scaled from min to max heart rate value for the time-period displayed. When the 2-arrow expansion icon is clicked, the scaling becomes enormous - no longer the min-max range. How can you keep the min-max-only y-axis range when using the 2-arrow-icon full-screen display?

PS:  This pretty much what GDiana is asking for in his well documented post below.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Elleindel
First Steps

Currently the y-axis is populated from 0-240 in 5, 60bpm increments. The data pattern would be easier to read if it was limited to the actual realm of bpm’s for an adult, say 40-200 at 40bpm increments. 

It would also be nice if the pm data “wrapped around” so you could see all night time heart rates on 1 screen. Currently it uses 12-noon and midnight-but, 6 or 7am/pm,  approximating dusk to dawn would capture more data trends coherently.      Thank you.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Elleindel, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

skinny148598
Jogger

I have a versa linked to an iphone on ios 12

when i click on the BPM icon i am taken to a 'resting heart rate past 30 days' graph, this is fine.

I then select on one of the days for this week, takes me to 'Beats per minute' graph and details, also fine.

when i select the expand to get the graph to full screen the graph has a lower value of 0 and an upper value of 240, rendering the BPM information displayed virtually useless.

my enhancement request is to have this expanded graph with the same upper and lower limits as the previous graph, this will be even more useful when the mobile device is rotated to landscape allowing the user to view the graph with much more detail

Thank You

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @skinny148598! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

RunnerFromIndia
First Steps

The calibration of heart rate on the activity heart  far rate really screen broad. Today for me it was between 104 and 178. It is difficult to make out the graph and understand the heart rate. Can you provide some in between measures maybe 10 units apart?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RunnerFromIndia! Thanks for explaining why you'd like to have those details in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see here again.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.