Increase font size for Inspire family

Just bought a new Inspire HR through my health insurance company.  Haven't used a fitbit in years since my original flex.  Never thought about font size since it didn't exist back then.  Now this one has watch and so many apps.  The problem is without wearing reading glasses, I can't read anything.  Its completely useless and annoying because it is always beeping and vibrating and I have no clue why.  Most people over 45 wear readers to see close up, this doesn't work because they don't wear readers when exercising or walking or they would trip. This might get returned before the week ends.

Moderator edit: title & label

116 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Suppie98! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Increase font size for Inspire HR
Rotate for lefties

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Panfan
First Steps

Although I love my fitbit I am considering returning it due to the small text size. Even with my reading glasses it is hard to read the options. Please make it where you have the option to enlarge the text. I noticed that others have suggested it before but you have not responded to their suggestions. All phones and most apps have this feature-why can’t you? Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Panfan, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit Inspire. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Kevin70
Recovery Runner

I am coming from a Fitbit One (which I loved).  The Fitbit Inspire w/ the Clip Option is a mostly acceptable replacement for the Fitbit One (wish it had an altimeter so it could display stairs).  Outside of not being able to display Stairs, the other deficiency is that there is no Clock Face which displays the Steps in a reasonably large Font.  The Simple Stats and Heavy Stats Clock Faces display the Steps or other statistics in very small fonts.  You can't easily glance at the device and read them (such as when jogging and looking down at the device at your waist level).  The Fitbit One displayed the statistics in a MUCH larger font.  The best clock face seems to be Valerie.  It displays the clock in a kind of goofy font (but it is readable) and has the Steps or Calories displayed in a little larger font.  However, it is still small.  Create a clock face that displays the time in a medium size font and also displays one statistic (such as Steps) in as large of a font as possible.  Tapping can cycle through the statistics similar to Simple Stats.  Basically, Simple Stats but with a smaller clock and much larger font for the Statistics.  If you have to, make it to where the screen is rotated to use the space horizontally.  Just give us a clock face that displays the Steps (or other statistic) in a much larger font.  I want to be able to hit the button and read my steps easily like I did with my Fitbit One.  If it can still display the time in a readable font, that is a bonus.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kevin70, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Inspire HR. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

janis99
Recovery Runner

For anyone without 20:20 vision it is not possible to view your stats on the Inspire as the font is too small.  I have just swapped from an Alta where you can tap through and see steps>miles, etc on separate screens.  When you tap through on the Inspire HR, every time you see the time in a large (readable) font and your stats (steps, heartrate, etc.) in a tiny font.  I find this useless as I want to see what my heartrate is while working out in the gym and don't want to take reading glasses into the gym.

Create a clock face for the Inspire similar to the Alta, so that you can actually see your stats.  After all if you only wanted to see the time you would purchase a normal watch rather than a fitness tracker.

For this reason I am extremely disappointed with my Aspire, but loved my Alta.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @janis99. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to be able to increase the font size on the Inspire HR. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

gfrommn
First Steps

The font for the all items is tooooo small.   My husband, I and folks at work that have fitbit all complain about about the font size.  Is there a way to make the font more readable?   

Some of the folks at work have the Charge and also think the font is too small.  

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gfrommn. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like the font size of your Inspire to be increased. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I see on this forum that this has been done for the Versa 2. Please can it be added to the Inspire HR.  It is very frustrating when using the device for swim tracking to have to keep hitting the button to review

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jessejane
First Steps

Hi, I got my first Fitbit inspire, and very disappoint with the front size, I really like the size (I don't want to have a bigger watch) but is impossible to read when I do outdoor activities. I have been reading and looking for solutions but after diferent positive answers from the representatives I don't see any solution, so they really don't care about us. I'll return mine and I'll get other brand.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jessejane. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about increasing the font size of your Inspire with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jenomania
First Steps
Make an option for all screens to be read in bold letters with larger font size.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jenomania, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size for Inspire family. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Salmondru
Jogger
Currently the heart rate screen on the Inspire HR is mostly a useless icon of a heart. The thing that should take up the most space is the actual number people want to read. Nobody is going to confuse their heart rate number with the time or number of steps - we don't need a giant icon of a heart to take up most of the screen space.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Salmondru, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size for Inspire. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

jordii
Jogger
I just bought an Inspire. I realized immediately that the font is so small that I can't read the stats under the clock.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jordii, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size for Inspire family. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

mperron
First Steps
I'm interested in purchasing a fitbit for my dad who is 83. However, the numbers are small to read for seniors. I need a better display design with large numbers and is easy to read. I'm sure you can create a snazzy name.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mperron, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a way to change the font on Fitbit Inspire. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

imaquilter2000
Stepping Up
When swiping to individual stats, the icon takes most of the screen space and the numbers are too small to read.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @imaquilter2000. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about increasing the font size on the Inspire series. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

CarriePayne
First Steps
Option fir larger font
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CarriePayne, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size for Inspire family. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.