Inspire 2 with "Ankle" mode

While I know this request's been made with each new Fitbit (I've been a Fitbit customer for years), I've not given up hope that Fitbit will finally listen to us & elongate a band to use our Fitbits on our ankles. Especially while we're continuing to shelter-in-place, please support our remaining safe with a band long enough for ankles. TY
16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @knrivers, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Ankle" mode on Inspire 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

AmandaGeorge
Progression Runner

I agree about being able to get an extra strap to lengthen it so that it can be worn on the ankle 'cos that's where I wear mine!

HJYL
Recovery Runner

I agree with adding an ankle mode. I wear my fitbit on my ankle for walking and exercise, but switch it back to my wrist if I'm sitting or sleeping. I need to switch bands each time, which is, frankly, a pain. 

Julia713
First Steps

Yes, I agree.  A longer band or an extender band would be great for the Inspire 2.  I have to give my wrist a break from time to time, but I don't want to lose my ability to get my steps.  With the clip, I would be afraid I would lose the Fitbit. Thank you.

Fronts
Jogger

Yes please. Please develop a simple fitbit for those of us who don't wear watches, don't want the gaudy, black buckle bands, and actually want our true steps to be counted. I had a Flex 2 for years and I wore it on my ankle. It did all that I needed it to do. It counted my steps, tracked my calories activities and sleep. That's it.

Since the Flex 2 has been discontinued, I have had to move to an Inspire 2 as the closest thing I could get to the Flex 2. I hate it. Even though the face is fairly small. It's still too big for an ankle. The band is just down-right ugly.Also, I don't find it that easy to change.

The notifications DON'T work and it takes too long to sync sometimes.

In addition, because I wear it on my ankle, it doesn't record my hear rate. Basically, it has a whole bunch of features that are useless to me.

I have never worn a watch or bracelets, so an ankle device would suit my needs.

I am also almost 65 years old and quite overweight. I am very self-conscious about it and don't want to be mocked for wearing a fitness device.

Please consider those of us who are not athletes and are not hard-core fitness freaks when thinking of a new design.

Please, please, please think about seniors and others who don't want to advertise their fitness routine to the world.

I'll be looking for a new device when the Inspire 2 dies, which from many comments I've read, will be in less than a year. I really love Fitbit, but I won't get another one if it isn't specifically for ankle use. Thanks.

dimpleshampton
First Steps

I am a flex 2 user and I use off market ankle bands that have been working well.. It make sense if I’m walking or doing a treadmill, my actual steps are more accurate . I would love  a ankle mode and a updated flex 2 . I would love the HR feature but can’t see how it would work from your ankle . Love the small size of the Flex .

Nkdoc
First Steps

I vote for an ankle version as well.  It would be extra helpful if it also did HR.     I can’t where a  watch at work ( can’t keep it germ free and I was my hands constantly) but I’d like an accurate Device.  

AnkleUser
First Steps

I still wear Flex 2 on ankle with custom-made ankle band. The wrist is not accurate as it's usually cold and windy in San Francisco, so hands are in the jacket pockets. When my Flex 2 retires itself, I will still continue to use an ankle pedometer, it would be great if it was a FitBit.

msdonna657
Stepping Up

Totally agree with all suggestions on this thread about using the Fitbit on the ankle.  I am also using the Flex 2, the One, the Flex, and the Inspire 2. My Alta is no longer charging. I can't agree strongly enough that a smaller device such as the Flex 2 made for the ankle would be a welcome, fantastic idea....since it looks as if many of us are already doing this. Thanks for listening, Fitbit! 

Gleno
Jogger

I would love this option please.

AnneWhitlock
First Steps

I am 67 and have walked with a walker for the past 14 years. My frustration has always been that fitness trackers worn on the wrist do not count my steps. I recently discovered that there are ankle bands on the market, so purchased an Inspire2 and ankle band. I searched the Fitbit site for an ankle band and came up empty. I think you are missing a great marketing opportunity for disabled persons that want to remain fit, seniors who use assisting devices for safety, persons who push strollers, etc. I hope you will seriously consider adding ankle bans for your devices to better serve a diverse customer base. Information on proper wear with the device would also be helpful. Thank you!

rlaura711
First Steps

I would also prefer to wear mine on my ankle… for ease and accuracy.  I find I react negatively to having something on my wrist all the time so I’m spending a fortune looking for alternatives.  My question is though: the original comment was posted two years ago… does Fitbit actually take these suggestions into account or is it all lip service?! Because they said they would seriously look into it and nothing has ever been done.  I’ve read hundreds of suggestions and none of them have ever been followed through on.  So what’s the point if they don’t listen and won’t make the products better? An ankle option would benefit everyone and it’s literally an app update and the release of some new bands.  They can create new watches that cost $400 so I’m sure this can’t be that hard.  Anyway, that’s my two cents. 

msdonna657
Stepping Up
All we can do is keep telling them and suggesting and hope they listen to
their customers!
Thanks for your two cents, too!
yossi.yy
First Steps

Just to chip in:
I have a slightly malformed wrist, and all watches and wrist bands hurt after wearing them for a few hours.
I tried wearing my fitbit with a 3rd party strap on my ankle, and it was better. but very clunky, and it looked like a house arrest monitor 🙂 
I would like a device designed from the ground up to be used on the ankle. With sensors adapted, with little or no screen, and with a flat and discreet design.

thanks Yossi

monkaS
First Steps

I second everything being said... took a very long time to try to research an ankle smart tracker and the fitbit inspire 2 is the best i have so far, but still no ankle mode 😞 I hope you get a change to revisit this  @YojanaFitbit  Prayge

Would make the device that extra bit special to me :'} 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.