Integrate Fitbit with Android Health Connect

Android's Health Connect is an Android Developers app/SDK that allows health apps (already including Samsung Health, Withings Health Mate, Sleep by Android, and Google Fit) to privately and securely transfer and consolidate a user's health data in one place and between apps. developer.android.com/guide/health-and-fitness/health-connect
9 Comments
TheSassyBear
First Steps

I think this would be a great idea and to hopefully take care of that lack of integration between Fitbit and Google Fit. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yelsew2007, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Android Health Connect with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Dopovo
Pace Setter
I repropose exactly the same suggestion posted here
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-Fitbit-with-Android-Health-Connect/idi...

Because it has been wrongly closed, as usual, by moderators who obviously have no idea what they are speaking about.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dopovo, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making an integration between Fitbit and Android Health Connect. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Your feedback is appreciated, and please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

dennarai
Stepping Up
Heath Connect support was recently added to the Android app for Fitbit but the app only writes data out. Please implement support for reading data in to Fitbit from other apps using Health Connect! I want to use Fitbit as more core fitness app but if it can't read in the data I am putting into other apps, this makes it useless.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dennarai, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making an integration between Fitbit and Android Health Connect. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

I hope to see you around.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this option has been released on the Fitbit App. You can find more details here:  

@Yelsew2007, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

RonaldM
Sprinter

@YojanaFitbit if there are issues with syncing between Fitbit, Android Health Connect and Google Fit (not copying all selected data). In what forum can I put this? 

Dave247
First Steps

I would also ask for support for the app to also be able to read and not just write to Health Connect, as I use another app for my sleep tracking that uses sonar as I do not like the discomfort of having to physically wear a device to bed.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.