Integrate with Omron Blood Pressure Monitors

It would be a nice feature if Fit Bit could access data from products such as Omron which already record and upload via Blue Tooth to my phone and can output to a CSV file the data but it does not integrate at this stage to Fitbit.   I would respectfully suggest your two companies talk to each other as Omron are market leaders in their field as are Fitbit in theirs.   It should be simple to pick up the Data from the Omron Blue Tooth and integrate it into Fitbit.   

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ItWit, thanks for posting your idea. Users will be happy to see your suggestion, since this can be very useful. Let's wait and see what people think!

Fitclarke1972
Jogger

Agreed. This would definitely be a great benefit to have both sets of data in one place or do we have to move to Apple Watch and the health app where you can sync the omron data already

ampro
Jogger

I fully agree, the integration with the pressure transmitter is essential ..... I am hypertensive is for me a 360-degree diary is important

Jesse1979
Jogger

Great idea

mlswayze
Recovery Runner

I would love this ideas as well!  We used to be able to enter blood pressure a while back and they took it away.

MJBK88
First Steps

Now that Samsung Health has killed off 3rd party app integration, it'd be great to see Omron work with Fitbit. For me, it'd make Fitbit the "go-to" health app to see everything sync to it (MyFitnessPal, Omron etc)

ItWit
Recovery Runner
It would be nice to see some comment from FitBit on this. They are the
only ones that can make this happen.

Brian
Kenny57
First Steps

I just purchased an OMRON heart monitor and would love for it to sync with the Fitbit app as well. All my readings in one location.

m103
Recovery Runner

Let's wait and see?

Let's get this feature!

I think it would be FANTASTIC to integrate BP tracking with everything else.

I absolutely LOVE using the FitBit app to aggregate other source data, such as from MyFitnessPal. It's super easy to view the different types of data all in one place. Adding BP would make it that much better!

(Charge 2)

ItWit
Recovery Runner
Be nice if FitBit was to respond to this, there has been nothing but
positive comment but not a single comment from FitBit. I suspect this is
just a feel good site for them.

Not listening to what your customers are saying is usually the start of a
pretty slippery down hill slope.

Come Guys and Gals it is not a big bit of software to load up a csv file for
a starter or I am sure if you were to contact Omron they would be interested
in getting this done and provide you with some parameters for accessing
their system.

Brian
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.