Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
jewellofsd
Jogger
Please upgrade to allow my Fitbit tracker to sync with Apple HealthKit.
Havenocents
Base Runner
Instead of voting here, I voted with my wallet. Apparently the company is out of touch with its customers. Regardless of whether they eventually see the light, I cannot be loyal to a company that disrespects its customers.
LAL80
Jogger
I have been a loyal fitbit user, wearing mine everyday for the past three years. I always referred fitbit to friends and family. If they don't update to get the HealthKit integrated, I will switch brands. Very unfortunate that fitbit is not addressing what so many customers want. Integrate already or explain why we have to keep waiting while the competitors are already on board.
Ed6727
First Steps

Still not integration of FitBit with the Health app. Very disappointing. It seems FitBit won't even commit to supporting it in the future so that certainly stops be upgrading my One and getting them for my kids. If you support iOS with an app why can't you support HealthKit. It's probably time to stop thinking of FitBit as one of the innovators in this area and buy something else for our family.  What a shame ...

jgrubbs
First Steps

I was on the site today to learn what the plans are. I vote INTEGRATE with the New Healthkit app as a source device please!

iamasmith
Recovery Runner

I don't think there are any iOS users that don't want this integration and many already here have shown they do. I certainly want this data in the Health app along with my BP data (but I need to raise similar concerns with another company on that one *EDIT* that other company has made a commitment to do it 🙂 ).

People will just stop buying products where they know the app won't deliver this feature, especially if Apple retail start promoting the products that do over others.

elindranyth
Jogger

I can't believe that this isn't a feature you're already planning on having.  Jawbone already has this feature integrated and launched.  By not including this, you're driving people to utilize other trackers that are keeping up with technology.

Petesil
Recovery Runner

I also want to add my plea to the chorus to have my fitbit flex integrate with Apple HealthKit. I am shocked that the Fitbit community has to inform the company that this is wanted and needed! Amazing lack of understanding of their customers. But let's hope that the do this soon  so that we all don't have to buy competitive products to get the integration we want.

Im still wanting answers why 1/2 the staff at fitbit says NO CLUE    1/4 says NOT done yet and the last 1/4 says its done and awating approval from Apple

dicklanetcu
First Steps

Dear Fitbit.....Please integrate Fitbit with IOS 8's healthapp. I like your product but honestly....if integration fails to come soon I will find a product that will. I actually find it hard to believe you weren't one of the first products to integrate. 

Solarken
Jogger
This is a must
Or I and a lot of people will be returning the products that go with this app to buy products that connect to apps that do talk to iOS 8. It works great in some other apps
Solarken
Jogger
I agree I was changing to this company but may go back to the one that works and return all this stuff.
Havenocents
Base Runner
Garmin and jawbone are up. Withings said yesterday it will be a few days, and fitbit asks to vote on it. LMAO
mbanta2
Premium User
First Steps

If fitbit cannot give a better answer than this, then maybe its time to switch activity monitors.

cyberhomie
First Steps
Here I am having to beg for something that should be a "duh" feature and done already. C'mon get 'er done.
step
Jogger

I have been using fitbit and Runkeeper for several years. I hope that both of these apps will be synced with IOS 8's new Health app in the near future.

chrisg100
Jogger

Please consider integrating with iOS 8 Health App. I'd like a platform to see all of my health information in one place and beleive this is a common consumer ask.

FitBit cannot reasonably expect it has the functionality to gather all of the health information that the many other devices (blood glucose, heart rate, etc.) and other niche players gather. They should use their market penetration and accelerometer technology to partner with others. I beleive that if FitBit does not integrate, consumers such as myself will move to other device apps which play nice with other technologies and help provide one easy way for consumers to see their health information.

kappesk2
First Steps

I would love to have my fitbit app data shared to the new ios8 app. I really want to take advantage of both apps. The ios8 app only tracks steps when my phone moves but I often walk/exercise without my phone. And I can enter in my steps per day manually(which sucks) but then there is some overlap because I do often walk with my phone in my hand. Fitbit needs to get on this. 

Bkbroiler9
First Steps
It is stupid that they haven't done it already and are asking people to vote on it.
Status changed to: Duplicate
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for the suggestion! I recommend joining the conversation here

I'm going ahead and marking this post as a duplicate to help us tally votes and comments in one place. 

simon82
Premium User
Jogger

still no integration!? No water issue fix!?

taylorkc
Recovery Runner

I am with the rest of you!  I am ready to see FitBit integrate with the Apple Health app!

blurdom
Keeping Pace

If FitBit doesn't integrate with iOS 8/HealthKit, I don't really see the point of continuing to use my Fitbit.

+1 for integration!

bhursey
Recovery Runner

Yah I really hope this will intergrate with healthkit soon..  I alll ready have seen a freind leave his fit bit at home and use his phonte to track steps instead of his fit bt because of the lack of the intergration.. I would love for ateast my steps to pass. What I would really like is my food logging and so on the pass. I mainly use run keeper mixed with fitbit.. 

vinous
Jogger
Guys, Jawbone launched a standalone app that integrates perfectly with health and my fitness pal. Sorry fitbit, too late for excuses now.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.