Integration with Bowflex

I'd love to see Fitbit synch with both the Bowflex Max and with Cyclemeter.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

22 Comments
genej101
Base Runner

Support suggested I post a request here to have the Bowflex Tread Climber by Nautilus added to the machines Fitbit recognizes.  It isn't an elliptical but it isn't a treadmill either, it is an extremely intense workout and there are a lot of users out here.  I did find the Fitbit HR monitor on my Charge HR to be very close to the chest monitor on my Tread Climber which was reassuring, but the calories and distance weren't even close, so I have to enter those manually.  Support thought this could possibly be added to the list of machines you recognize?  Thanks for considering it. 

Gina27
First Steps

I'd really love to see sync capabilities with the bowflex max trainer app and Fitbit app. Such a disappointment to have to manually track my workouts. 

Kev2719
Recovery Runner

I cannot agree more. These two companies have enough customer support and are generally speaking the two of the largest equipment manufacturers in the fitness space that it just makes sense to provide a correlated approach to linking the details of their respective apps to keep the data in a single space. If the companies don't want to offer this across the board then allow api integration across specific apps via the dashboard. That way the owner of the equipment can decide what api's to pull to what apps.  This would solve additional suggestions being made for other apps and equipment moving forward.

slystymie
First Steps

I own the Fitbit Flex and am loving it.

I was wondering if you guys at HQ could ad the option for the Bowflex Maxtrainer under track exercise. I own the bottom level machine with no bells or whistles and would like to be able to track my time on it. It's not quite an eliptical, stair climber, nor treadmill since it your upper body.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That's exactly what I need.  My fitbit(s) to sync with my Bowflex Max Trainer at least somewhat accurately.  I always feel a little let down after a workout when I open the fitbit app.  Especially when myfitnesspal syncs my Max Trainer workout, and the fitbit 'elliptical' setting, both have different times, minutes, heart rates and everything else for the very same workout... Neither ever matches up to the actual Bowflex stats.  Aggravating at times.  It would be so nice to be able to have more accurate stats.

Kight
Base Runner

This would be great.  I have been using my Ionic to track the activity while on the Max Trainer.  Its interesting that the Ionic usually has twice the calorie burn.  Not Shure which would be more accurate, but the difference between the numbers from the Trainer and my Ionic have been fairly substantial.  The chest strap for Heart rate has been close to what the Ionic reads, within 10 to 15 BPM.

I have been calling the Max Trainer and Elliptical for the Ionics exercise tracking, but would be nice if it just synced its own data assuming accuracy isn't the reason a link hasn't been made.

burdbrayne
First Steps

There should be an ability to sync Max Trainer to Fit Bit. They are both reputable & respected companies, to not have this option is a disgrace.

Tracy12
First Steps

I also would love to see my Fitbit sync with my Bowflex Max Trainer! This is a great workout machine and it shouldn’t be too hard to sync them somehow. I like my Fitbit to show accurately what I have accomplished throughout my day 😊 I really rely on it to keep me focused and on target with my goals. 

Dafoosa
First Steps

Should add Bowflex equipment in to exercise list example ( TreadClimber, tmax trainer) and set it up to track exactly as the machines do they are two machines in one and you burn twice the calories example fitbit says you burned 50 calories on treadmill and Bowflex TreadClimber says you. Burned 100. There a tons of people who own Bowflex equipment and. The Fitbit it would be really nice to have accurate reading on the Fitbit. My doctor said to go with bowlfex reading because that is accurate to the exercise I'm doing. So unfortunately in these departments Fitbit is not accurate for me or many other people until it's added.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Kevinch
Jogger

I would also vote for being able to sync my FitBit Alta HR to my BowFlex Max Trainer.

HWCP
First Steps

Any updates on this? I'm sure everyone is trying to workout from home now. Would be nice to have some Max Trainer support. Please add it as exercise option.

Jen_E_Fur
First Steps

another vote here to allow Bowflex max trainer (M6) to pair with Versa 2 to access HR data. thanks!!

Easan
First Steps

I have the Fitbit Sense and Max Trainer m8.  Would love to have my workouts synced to my fitbit so I can maintain 1 app for tracking

kellysails
Recovery Runner

+1 for fitbit & max trainer integration!

mfs800
Recovery Runner

I too would like to see the Bowflex Max Trainer app integrated with Fitbit.  

SharonH123
Recovery Runner

This gets my vote too! 

gmulligan
First Steps

I have a Bowflex VeloCore.  It would be fantastic if my Fitbit Sense would sync my heart rate to the bowlfex so I don't have to wear an extra HR monitor.  This should be rather trivial

organizized
First Steps

I agree. There should be integration between Bowflex equipment and fitbit. Being able to link between the Jrny app and fitbit would be great too.

stiney20
First Steps

I just ordered a C7 spin bike, I was hoping for integration and am now a little disappointed. I would cry but it was still $2000 less than a Peloton. 

Kurt-R
First Steps

another vote for max trainer integration.

if can’t integrate the Apps, give us another excersize on the Fitbit device that captures level of difficulty 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having an integration between Bowflex and Fitbit with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this product feedback to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Product Feedback forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.