Keep Clock Face/Device Screen On Permanently

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

Please let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

85 Comments
MayW
First Steps

I would love to see a feature where I could turn in on so it is on display while I am exercising to track my HR. It's cumbersome to be jogging and tapping the face (multiple times) to activate it. 

GroovyGranny2
Stepping Up

Charge 3 also..please 😁

MayW
First Steps

oh that's what I meant--sorry. For my Charge 3!

MandyG24
Jogger

You mentioned it being able to be left on for up 60 seconds, but can this be done on the charge 2? I love my Fitbit, but am a medical professional and need it on longer 😞 

rbisulca
First Steps

Please include an additional strap when a Fitbit is purchased. The band is not made very well and after only having it for 18 months it unfortunately separates from the face. Not able to use it and trying to find a retailer to sell just the strap has not been successful. I’ve been to 3 different stores and no luck. Miss my Fitbit!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please release a smartwatch or new Charge fitness tracker with an e-ink display. It would add the always-on display feature.

Additionally, it would not wake me up when I turn over in my sleep and probably have better battery life.

Beetopsauce
First Steps

excellent idea better with ice as well

masis
First Steps

I would recommend that the always-on feature offer an option to be set to 'Always Dim', and when a user pushes the button or turns their wrist, the face turns on brightly.  Regardless of the functionality, an 'Always On' setting would be appreciated.

Neo70
Keeping Pace

If there is an extra option wether you can choose to have the screen always on or leave it as it is now then I would vote yes. Dont force users to have the screen always on like you did with notifications which are now always shown when received (which I dont like for privacy reasons!).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would be so happy when this feature would be implemented. Specifically in exercise mode because some sports just do not allow wrist flicks, tabbing your watch or push a button before being able to see your heart rate, just simply not possible... Once you want to go fast in any sports, MTB, MX, windsurfing, rowing (you wil get out of course), real hard trail running, climbing... honestly i think almost every sport when you try to beat yourself or an opponent. this feature absence is making me abandon fitbit. Because sporting with a fitbit on left wrist and a $19,99 watch on the right to make sure I can see my HR quickly enough is looking too rediculous. 

Edit 1: btw once in decent action, the wrist flick just does not work (good enough)

Edit 2: But some sports would allow smartphones to overview parameters and HR during exercise. Running (just hold in hand), MTB (frame mount/bag), Fitness (just lay down somewhere)... But here Fitbit misses the ball again, during app initiated exercise: no HR in overview (rediculous).

snalli
Jogger

longer screen times for alta hr..like at least 3 min

Tam_b_2000
First Steps

It wears like a watch kinda looks like a watch and it tell the time but my god is it annoying to use as a watch  

I need always on display  Lift wrist to activate screen doesn't work for me more the 50 percent of the time and is now use if I just want to glance at the time while typing etc. 

I love the degree of data my fitbit gives me and the community/competition aspect but I'm fed up having to wear fitbit and a watch 

I would happily accept the drop in battery for an always on display  I'm used to wearing an android smart watch that I charge daily or every other day  

leesalei
Recovery Runner

really frustrated with the new charge 3 clock faces. i choose what i want to see but later when i look at my wrist it has changed from heart rate to flights of stairs because it got ‘bumped’ without me noticing. also really upset they changed the ability to have two stats shown to one- we should be able to choose our preferred stats and they shouldn’t go away on accident. 

johneric8
Tempo Runner

I owned an ionic and it died on me right after warranty so my wife bought me a charge 3.  I actually really like it,  but I agree that I miss not having the option to keep the screen alive with my heart-rate visible.  The problem that I'm having is while I'm spinning in the gym on a bike sometimes it's actually a pain to flip the wrist at the right angle to get the display to come on.   I would say that the watch works well in terms of coming on most of the time with a turn of the wrist but it definitely doesn't shine during certain exercises while trying to continually monitor heart rate.  This is especially true for HIIT cardio sessions...  I would love to have the option to use more battery power to have my hear rate stay on continually.  I understand that the charge 3 has great battery life and part of that is because the screen doesn't stay on,  but give us the option to use it how we want to please.. 

scorpion
Jogger

The Charge 3 only turns on for 3 seconds. It's way too short. Can you add a option to pick a longer time? Like 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min... I don't mind using more battery.

mochapenguin
First Steps

I just got a Fitbit Inspire and I am so disappointed that this isn't an option!! I can't even use this as a watch since I can't just glance at it without flicking my wrist. And it doesn't wake on notifications, so if I get a notification I have to try the stupid wrist-flick thing and then I'll see the notification for about 2 seconds before I even have a chance to read it.

I would gladly sacrifice battery life for an always-on option. I get that you want to be able to say it has great battery life but how about you let the users choose - I would happily charge it every night if it meant I could actually use it as a watch...I will probably be returning it and going back to Garmin.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and did a quick test this afternoon. I assembled a spoon in a drill that knocks on the fitbit every 2 seconds so the displays was always on. And that revealed to me that every minute of continuous display in an active exercise consumes 2% of battery. I mean a 30 minute exercise consumes my battery from 80 to 20%. So I can imagine the battery drain is just too high to officialy release this as a supported feature. The maximum session length would be like 45 minutes when you want to end up with 10% battery started from fully loaded. So I remain that the best solution (for me) would be adding the actual hearth rate in the exercise view in the Fitbit App.

Saar60.f
First Steps

Yes!! I wish my charge 3 will have that option or peramtley hr display! Thank u for hearing me.

Darragh457
Stepping Up

This post mentions a 60 second feature being available, why is this not so for the charge 3 ?

@SantiR wrote:

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

Please let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

romanf1977
First Steps

make sure its an on/off option......i never look at my screen, and have manual sync on......get many days out of my charge2

scorpion
Jogger

Can they just make it when you look at the screen and it stays on until you put your arms down?

ELGRINGO56
Jogger

Good idea

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Axu
Recovery Runner

Nice feature but I worry about the battery. You may need to charge your fitbit daily or even worse.

Filosophical
Jogger

Ability to adjust sensitivity to the 'flick' or to train it to your own 'flick' would be helpful to I'm not riding a bike on a public road at full tilt desperately flicking over and over trying to get it to work. Once day I'll flick myself off the bike. 

Ability to lock the display on with heart rate  (or whatever) during exercise would be basic. (in fact lock it from pausing too)

Always on would be useful. 

And BTW when signing up, not helpful to have the 'agree to terms' button you have to click before you can comment, sitting at the bottom of the screen out of sight, so wasting ages clicking the 'comment' button thinking its broken, with nothing happening. Put it next to the 'comment' button!

Adielfr
First Steps

In my opinion this must be your next feature. It will help wearing the watch 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.