Keep your original start date on your weight loss goal

Currently, when you reach your weight loss goal (i like to use mini goals so they're more achievable) it'll ask you to submit a new goal. When you do that, the starting date changes to the current date. And then that prevents you from seeing your total weight loss, it just shows --.

However, if I submit a new goal and manually change my start date back to the original start date, it still tells me to insert a new goal. Fitbit needs the ability to insert mini goals while keeping your start date the same, so you can see your total weight loss.

30 Comments
liz4cps
Runner

I've wanted this forever, too.  Please just let us specify the start date.  I've been losing weight this year and I'd love Fitbit to show me how much I've lost so far.

Thanks.

ronaldj100
First Steps

I agree, but I think the reason behind setting short-term goals is the underlying factor. We set short-term goals because the graphing scales and fits our weight graphs along with our stated goal line.  When this is a long-term goal line, it causes the graph to flatten out, and mentally we think we aren't getting anywhere, so people set short-term goals, so they can see they are making steady progress.  But, as a consequence, this means setting a new goal every 5-10-15 lbs because you keep reaching the short-term goals. It is frustrating to have all those losses erased everytime and can't take a screenshot to show that you really have loss 50 lbs over the last year or two because your goals are always being set as short-term goals in the app. This needs to change! (Please vote for my change too!)

FitBit app shows flatten curves because of long-term goal line

awesome1983
Stepping Up

I found if you go to your profile and then go to settings, click on activity and wellness.  You should see Nutrition and Weigh-- If you change it to the correct numbers it will show the total correct weight loss in the app.

piyab
First Steps

I have the same issue, looks like it has not been resolved yet!

quickwitnic
Stepping Up

I have made it halfway through my weight loss journey. I made a slight tweak to my weight goal and since you can neither backdate your goal to pull in historical data nor set it to track based on highest weight to present, it show that I’ve lost no weight and starting over. This is extremely frustrating because I am a visual person and I need that positive feedback showing how far that I’ve come. This is a HUGE negative for me and my Fitbit experience. My Charge 3 is on its last leg and I don’t think I’ll invest in another Fitbit monitor if this will continue to be how the weight goal is managed. It’s a shame, because I’ll have to transfer 5+ years of data to a new system. Please help!! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.