Leather Wristbands

A leather strap would be nice so a Fitbit can be dressed up. The plastic straps don't seem to last long and discolour with dirty.

Moderator Edit: Title and Labels

6 Comments
misskarihari
First Steps

Dear fitbit,
I love my fitbit flex and wear it all the time. However, I wish for a fitbit flex leather band that is more comfortable to wear all day around. Leather is breathing and sturdy. I don't wear my fitbit when I shower, so that won't be a problem.

Flex_Elaine
First Steps

I have a lovely (lime green) flex band.  I am happy that there are no metal parts (as I get nickel dermatitis - a particular issue with watches).. but even so, I get a rash with the band.  A leather band would be great - as long as there are no metal parts!  Alternatively a nice gold one???  (Dont tell my husband).

bdagg
First Steps

My daughter and I are both Flex users, and are both having skin problems. I keep switching from one wrist to the other and taking it off for a day or two, but it hasn't helped. I like the idea of leather bands, or a fabric band. I don't want to give up on fitbit, but am tired of burning and itchy wrists.

fueledbygin
Recovery Runner

As I've searched the third party band market, I've come to a realization. The vast majority of bands are rubber knock-offs of the official rubber band, coming in multiple colors and whatever painted on designs a manufacturer can think of. That's fine, but it's leaving a huge gap in this market.

Rubber is great when we're out running, hiking, etc. And, I'm glad it's cheap to replace those bands, as they do get scuffed up a lot, and fast. But, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes there was something classier to use when not engaging in such activities. 

If we look beyond the thousands of $2-$5 rubber knockoff bands, we enter the $20-$40 knock-off designer bands (basically cheap jewlrey knock-offs, and the types of wrist bands that teenagers wear). 

We then bumb up to the "official" Tory Burch bands that hedge close to $200, and are aimed squarely at women.

It sure seems there's a market here, and it's obviously not being filled by after-market vendors, so I beseech those of you at Fitbit to fill it yourself. 

Personally, I'd love a leather (or any other watch-like) band (single strap; not double strap like the Tory Burch bands), with a metal face that didn't involve busy grills/decoration (again, not like the Tory Burch bands). Simple, elegant, understated. Something both men and women could wear to work, where the dress code was a little higher than jeans and sneakers. 

Smiley Happy

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Gee132 thanks for stopping by and share your ideas! Let me pass this along to our developers team for review. 

Good luck! Woman Wink

Status changed to: Released
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great news! 🙂 I'm so happy to announce that with the release of the new Fitbit tracker: Blaze, this can be possible. Please check the awesome new and slick wristbands! 

unnamed.jpg

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.