Landscape Orientation Fitbit app

Hi,

Is it possible for the app to change the orientation when it is turned? Both horizontal and upside down?

Moderator Edit: Title and Labels

157 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When viewing the weight chart,.. in the app, the app doesn't rotate the screen automatically when rotating the device (auto rotate option enabled onto the phone).

When rotating the phone, the button has to be seperately pressed in the app to change modes. Can't this be made automatically when the auto-rotate option is enabled onto the phone?Cat Surprised

Moderator Edit: Added labels.

Dewidavid
Stepping Up

It's not such a hassle on the Android phone, but not having auto rotation on the Android tablet is a pain!

BRVY
First Steps
Please modify app to have automatic screen rotation to landscape as well as portrait.
MikeS1971
Progression Runner

It would be nice if the app would rotate in relation to how the phone/tablet is sitting. I like to set my phone in the cup holder of my treadmill with the charger connected and occasionally look at the app. But to do this the phone needs to be upside down since the charging port is on the bottom.

Gate
Jogger
Would like for app to rotate to landscape on iPad. Thanks.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This sounds great @SFernando! This could allow us to have a better appreciation of the graphs on the app, good idea! 

Thanks for participating in the Feature Request board! Woman Wink

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for bringing this up! I encourage you to keep sharing your ideas and contributing in the Fitbit Community.

D_DewWri
First Steps

No rotation on my Android tablet is a real nuisance because its forced orientation on my tablet has the buttons in the "down" position, so if I put the tablet on a stand, it turns off.  Not so good.  And I can't find any way to re-orient the screen.  So, like every other app I have, it should auto-rotate, even if it only supports portrait mode.

nepalisherpa
Base Runner

I support this idea as well.  It would be nice to have a landscape dashboard that gives you a constant feedback of heart rate, steps taken, calories spent, etc. during a treadmill session or a cycling session.

NigelB
Jogger

The entire app should be viewable in landscape mode:  

1. Landscape is the orinentation that I typically use most, as is the case for most of the iPad users that I've observed
  2. My iPad cover/stand only works in landscape mode, same as when I had a Logitech keyboard cover
  3. I have my FitBit App paired with MyFitnessPal, which defaults to landscape mode and switching between the MFP and FitBit apps is very irritating owing to the difference in orientations, particularly when you use your iPad with a stand
  4. I typically have my iPad on charge, on its stand and I mostly have speakers plugged into my pad so it's not possible for me to stand my iPad on ut's end to view portrait owing to the plugs and cable at both ends of the device.

Please fix this, it's the only irritating and unevolved feature of this app

J316
Jogger
The new update has not corrected the orientation challenge. I have not been able to locate the Fitbit for iPad - It would sure be easier to use my iPad for entries to my daily log if that is possible.Thanks for helping fix the orientation challenge.
Sarge_01
Recovery Runner

I'll be blunt: Landscape mode is a must-have for me. Just about every other app I know of has landscape mode and the one's that don't irritate me to no end. I use my Android tablet almost exclusively in landscape mode becasue it has an attached keyboard. Super-frustrating that there's no way to use your app in anything but one of the two portrait modes. Speaking of which, it is just plain stupid that you only allow your app to use one of the two portrait modes. Virtually every other app in the store can use auto-rotate. Why not Fitbit?

In short, get your act together and add in auto-rotattion support for this app before I jump ship to a better app. You are not the only fitness app out there you know.

johnrun
First Steps

Hello,

The Sleep display rotation has disappeared after Android app update:

cannot go to landscape.

Request to please put this back so landscape mode can be used to view sleep times.

Thanks,

John

sesykes71
Jogger
Please fix the app so that when using an iPad the display can be in landscape. It is quite annoying to have to hold it vertical when using it.

Regards,
Steve Sykes
Asimo042
First Steps
I am joining all the previous comments: Please fix the app so we can have a landscape view on IPAD. It is indeed very annoying to work with it on the vertical mode. Thank you
Jedcat
First Steps

It would increase functionality enormously if the app would rotate to landscape on the ipad or similar tablet devices

@SFernando wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible for the app to change the orientation when it is turned? Both horizontal and upside down?

Moderator Edit: Title and Labels

JSKibler
First Steps
I agree! Please bring landscape mode.
wsulzer
Walker
It's a little ridiculous that the view of the graph details all operate differently. The daily steps graph forces landscape view. The 30-day resting heart rate graph auto rotates based on device orientation. The daily heart rate graph forces portrait orientation with no landscape option. Please make all graph views autorotate based on the device's orientation. A graph like daily heart rate is completely useless when the forced portrait view blows out the y-axis.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I'd like to suggest the landscape view of the app for iPads be made available. Fitbit just changed theirs and it's more convenient when using the app. Thanks!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I'm sorry, I meant to say that Weight Watchers just recently updated their app to the landscape view, not Fitbit. It would be nice if Fitbit did the same.
DottyGuerrera
First Steps
My screen will only display in portrait position. It's really frustrating trying to hold it and type at the same time. Thank you.
DottyGuerrera
First Steps
When adding foods on Fitness Pal, exercises to Fitbit my iPad screen is locked in the portrait position. I need it to be in landscape so I can type with both hands on my keyboard. This seems to be a logical request and yet in searching the Internet, I see it over and over again. PLease make this correction to the programing. It would certainly influence me in purchasing my next tracker. I've had two Fitbits and like most of the features, but this one is driving me wild.
JamesBird
Recovery Runner

What - FB app still wont auto rotate in iOS - Show me another app that doesn't rotate - Of all the things FB could do, this would be an easy win. Come on FB you know you want to.

electrocutus
Base Runner

In addition to supporting landscape orientation, I want to also request support for portrait orientation for "left-turn" portrait orientation on tablets. By that I mean portrait orientation when I turn my tablet counter clockwise from landsacpe instead of clockwise. 

Why is this important to me? I have a Samsung Note tablet. In Landscape mode it has the buttons on the bottom and the stylus is tucked away in the top right corner. 

As a left-handed person, when I turn the tablet into portrait mode, I turn counter clockwise so that the buttons are on hte right side of the tablet and the stylus on the top. It's much easier to reach for the stylus, and my hand doesn't bump/brush against the buttons while I write on the screen and accidentally cick them. 

It's very annoying to click on the Fitbit app while in my preferred portrait orientation and see it appear upside down.

The Fitbit app is not the only culprit for this behaviour, but the vast majority of other apps I use support ANY orientation (all 4 of them). This should be a very simple and basic thing to support if Fitbit considered tablets as a major segment to support.

Maggiele
First Steps
It is really disappointing that FB has not addressed this problem. I use my iPad in landscape mode, especially as I use a connected keyboard. Most other apps these days do rotate. I'm sure it's a simple fix for the programmers. Please get with it FB!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.