Landscape Orientation Fitbit app

Hi,

Is it possible for the app to change the orientation when it is turned? Both horizontal and upside down?

Moderator Edit: Title and Labels

157 Comments
Michelleeh
First Steps

@Rich_Laue,
The idea and supposed stats provided are flawed.

First, I was not the first but am one of the earliest to bring this request forward. I only just found that I had never placed a vote for this suggestion so now, there are 88 votes. I am likely not the only one who was not aware of the "Vote System," so, the numbers may be skewed, toward the negative.

Now, just this last week, I have received a couple of notes, daily of more comments. That is what happens. A bunch of comments are made and the topic peters out.

Next, there is a fundamental flaw, as I mentioned at the beginning of this note. Your assumption is on stats that are being viewed under Laws of Possibility. I have now mentioned a topic that is found under the Laws of Probability, which is essential in Statistical Analysis, is is constantly overlooked by the average individual.

Of 88 members, these are the ones that were driven to express their issues with lacking features. From this, there is what is considered to be a REAL NUMBER that would include those who experience equal frustration but are either not aware of how to record their problem(s), or are not motivated to complain, for their own reasons. This number can be estimated to a reasonably close figure if we can know the total number of users, and either come to an agreement on a multiplier of the, "88," to reach that figure or to dedicate an inquiry, given to all users to respond to saying;

If Landscape Orientation were to be made available when working on a phone / pad / etc, would you welcome the option?

This is how REAL NUMBERS are determined, not by a simple backdoor forum that most do not ever access, or may not even know exists. For the cost of including this feature is extremely minimal, it should simply be done. And, in the mean time, the Fitbit app is never used to the fullest by all who own one, therefore never fully enjoyed.

Michelleeh
First Steps

It is a windmill that I feel comfortable leaning against. Since starting to complain about it, I now own an iPad Pro (2020) and it actually works in Landscape mode. But, I am not one to leave people behind and I will continue to support the fight till all are accommodated. Also, I do have an iPhone XR now that will not shift to Landscape on Fitbit. So, I am still a valid Member of these complainers.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

At one time, the dashboard did rotate as well as many of the charts 

GRAY01974
Jogger

I have a iPhone 13 running iOS 16.

on the Fitbit app when viewing sleep graphs you can’t view it in landscape mode , portrait mode is to squashed up so really could do with Fitbit sorting this out 

HLHArvada
Jogger
I used to be able to rotate my screen to get a better view of my sleep details, but no longer can l do this. Please fix this as it was a very useful feature.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HLHArvada, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Landscape Orientation' in the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

smrmnsr
Recovery Runner

I would like full screen landscape weight graph to come back. I have over 7 years of data and portrait mode for "All" is squished.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.