We need lengths when swimming added to versa 3
It was there on versa 2.
Very unhappy as it is my main exercise

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Samrun, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding lengths when swimming for Versa 3. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Roochie
Jogger

Yup totally agree with this. Just got the new versa 3 and considering returning it as it doesn’t count live laps and swimming is the main thing I do. As you said there’s a great big clock on the wall. I don’t need to know the time. I do however lose count of my lengths so I need to know that.

why make a watch for swimming that doesn’t count what you’ve done?!its infuriating. It’s such an easy fix for them to provide.

i think unfortunately Fitbit aren’t really for proper sport anymore. They now seem to be a gimmick product for “wellbeing” and steps. The rest of the market outweighs them by miles and this will be the last fitbit I get.  

Jasper15
First Steps

Me too. My Versa 1 (which I loved) died a couple days ago. I decided to upgrade to the Versa 3. I got it all set up and then realized that it doesn't count laps or show any of the other stats while swimming. If I'm going to use a smartwatch/tracker it is the one feature I must have. I am returning it.

Cathy6
First Steps

Ditto!  My versa 1 recently died. Since I loved my versa 1, I decided to get the versa 3.  I am so DISAPPOINTED that the versa 3 does not count laps on the watch.  I can only see distance/laps on the app on the phone. I do not understand why you would take away a feature that was on an earlier model.  I believe that most if not all swimmers want this feature.  Every swimmer I have discussed this with in the past few weeks agrees that any fitness watch that has a swim app should track laps on the watch.

Cathy6
First Steps

And I too am returning it. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add this feature. I quite like my versa three but it can do less than my old Samsung gear fit 2 pro. 

# show current number of lengths on watch whilst swimming

# allow goal to be number of lengths

# show number off lengths after finishing on watch

# show length by length break down on app with stroke type

(The gear fit 2 pro could do all of these as well as playing stored music over Bluetooth)

The strap is great for swimming on the versa 3

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be nice to bring the Versa 3 inline with the other models that support laps. It would make it a great watch for swimming.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you think you could get this ready for my next swim on Monday? That would be amazing! Cheers!

CarolineMajor
Jogger

It’s totally ridiculous that a product (Versa3) sold as a good option for swimming doesn’t track swimming lengths while in the pool. It’s especially ridiculous as the older model does have it and they took it away! AND it doesn’t recognise kicking with a kickboard. How can you do a proper swim workout without a kickboard?!?! The Versa 3 is great for everything else but really fails in the pool.

PaddlefootChris
First Steps

I recently changed from a Sense to a Versa 3 following a screen shattering incident, and I was very sad to see that, unlike the Sense, Versa 3 doesn't display distance (m) while actually swimming, or doesn't display length count. You get the count *after* the exercise when synching to the phone, but not during the exercise.

This is a feature on the Sense, and there is no indication in the Fitbit documentation that this is a difference between the Sense and Versa 3.

This is something that can easily be fixed via a software release.

TNG85
First Steps

Yes I've had the exact same problem went for the versa 3 for the gps and assumed it would still count my swim lengths in the watch as the versa 1 used to do this. Very disappointing as I swim every week. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.