Let Us Customize Challenge Start Time

we all take part in events where we have no control over the start time, it would've good if we could customise when the 24hr clock starts for the day. For example I took part in the London to Brighton overnight walk, my start time was 7.45, on the sat I walked approx 90,000 steps and on the sunday I walked 74,000 steps, if I had been able to set my start time as 7.45, I would have got my 100,000 step in a day badge.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Format

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @RachelQ.

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. I can definitely see how having an option to manually adjust the start time could be very useful. Specially for users that aren't on the same timezone as others. 

Let's see what other users have to say about this.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released as a Fitbit Premium feature. Under the 'Custom Challenge' and 'All for One' challenge, you get to choose:

• Steps, distance or active minutes for the challenge
  • Choose a duration of up to 30 days
  • Choose other players, up to 30 people.
  • Start the challenge at set up or within the next 7 days

Note that Fitbit Premium users can invite friends without Fitbit Premium to compete in a Custom Challenge but only Fitbit Premium users can create a Custom Challenge.

@RachelQ , in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.