Let Us Participate in More than 10 Challenges Simultaneously

Hi everyone I'm suggesting that we have the ability to be in more than 10 challenges at a time.. maybe Fitbit adding three more challenges for a total of 13 challenges per person..

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

24 Comments
Maggiecme
Jogger
Adjust the logic that counts the number of challenges active at the moment to count only those that a user can still add steps to or that are starting in the future.

Problem: User participates in 5 workweek challenges with varying global start times. The user wants to join weekend challenges but can't because of the 5 challenge count limit. The users time zone has already reset to Saturday. Their step count is no longer being updated in any challenges so none of the "active" challenges are really active for this user even though they will still be in them until the full sync period has expired.
Solution: Change the logic that determines what an active challenge is by assessing whether a specific user is still able to add steps to the challenges they have joined. You'll also need to add a check that determines whether the start Time for the user is in the future as those would need to be counted as active if already joined.

Im assuming the 5 challenge limit is a performance constraint. Otherwise it would just be easier to remove the limitation altogether. As long as there is a limit though, there should be a better way to assess the participation status of a user in a given challenge.
mPeace38
Base Runner

I just finished the FitBit 2016 goal challenge. It has 1 day and 11 hours for people to sync!! That is crazy. That means for ONE day challenge it actually using THREE days of challenges. 2 days I will be doing NOTHING but waiting for people to sync. The purpose of challenges is to push yourself not quiting a completed challenge because people are too lazy to sync.

It would be awesome if how challenges are counted if it would only count active challenges. For example I have 5 goal challenges all in CST zone that end today at midnight. It would be real nice to be able to today be able to accept 5 goal challenges that start tomorrow....There would be no overlap in the active challenge time keeping active challenges to 5.

Moderator edit: Labels.

elizany76
First Steps

Agreed. I think once I sync at the end of a challenge, I should be released from that challenge so I can enter new ones. I shouldn't be penalized for someone else that hasn't synced.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Once a challenge has finished, it should not count towards the 5 challenge limit

If you are in 5 weekday challenges, you can not join any weekend ones until after the 12 hour sync period, just like weekday ones if you were in 5 weekend challenges

Why?

Because of that sync period, I have not been able to join numerous challenges or have lost out on invites and I am sure I am not the only one

What you are doing is telling people that if you can not win just simply quit the challenge early so that you can join another instead of seeing it out, I don't know about you, but I was brought up to finish what I started
gm108
First Steps

Do not count challenge in 5 challenge limit after it is complete. Right now we have to wait for everyone to sync. Please allow us to join another challenge immediately after challenge is complete.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Bonza
First Steps

It's so frustrating that even though the "Weekday" challenges have ended, because not everyone has synced I can't accept the weekend challenges. I think you should still set the max up but allow it to be okay to accept the new challenges especially if the others have already ended.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Cat Happy

Vampie26
Runner
If they would drop the 5 challenge rule this wouldn't even be an issue!
Jojobeans7
Jogger

I don’t feel that the “awaiting synch” status on a recently completed challenge should count towards the 10 challenges you are able to participate at one time. I hope this is possible to change soon. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

DanB.
First Steps

It is very frustrating to hit the maximum number of challenges, or not join any future challenges, once you hit 10.  When you have a large number of friends and challenges to to participate in, it is frustrating to not be able to join a challenge while waiting on a sync even after the challenge has ended.  If you are in workweek hustles, you cannot join weekend warriors challenge until sync finishes (and vice versa) and by the time the sync finishes, the challenge you wanted to join if full.  That is crap and should not be a delimiter for joining.

In addition, 10 challenges, when you have a good base of friends is a limiting factor to grow and drive your fitness goals.  We need to get the guard rails off this limitations and allow people to reach and exceed their fitness goals without you putting restrictions on us that prohibit us from reaching new goals and push ourselves to new limits.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @DanB. This is a very nice suggestion, thanks for sharing.

Tara016
Jogger

I submitted this suggestion, too!  I think this is such a great idea Dan.  I truly hope that they change this!  I make challenges for me and all of my friends, but we can't add anymore people.  Please change this Fitbit!  😊

GeeGee2013
Base Runner

I think that was be a awsome idea👍 if Fitbit can increase the number up to 13 challenges you can be in. Great idea TSwift.🐞

TSwift
Jogger

Thank you GeeGee 2013

For your feedback...all Support welcome

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @TSwift.

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. Being able to access more challenges at the same time could certainty be welcomed by users that like to engage with this feature.

Let's see what others have to say about it. 

TSwift
Jogger

Thank you!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@TSwift wrote:

maybe Fitbit adding three more challenges for a total of 13 challenges per person..

yeah... 13 is a good number !

voted

Smiley Wink

J-flex
Distance Runner

I know years ago there was a lot of discussion regarding increasing the number of challenges and/or the number of participants in each.  The current option only allows for participating in 10 challenges with only 10 participants is outdated.  Time to move forward and increase either (preferably both) the number of challenges and the number of participants in each challenge.  My previous discussions with the Fitbit on Twitter hinted they were considering this, that was years ago. FITBIT it’s time to think outside the box and move forward...after all it’s now 2020....

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @J-flex, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

J-flex
Distance Runner

Given there a comments about this dating back to 2016, the chances of this becoming reality are slim to none....

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

DanB.
First Steps
When you are waiting for a WWH or a WW to sync, there is no reason we should not be allowed to join a new challenge. Your silly adherence to this rigid rule, has caused me to miss out of desired challenges that push me to new levels of attainment each week.
it punishes me for others being not active.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DanB., thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing to join a new challenges while waiting to start others. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.