Let us turn off heart rate on an activity by activity basis

It would be great to have under settings for each of the exercise modes an option to have the heart rate monitor on or off.  Since turning off the heart rate monitor is a battery saving option in settings, that is what I generally do since I'm not interested a resting heart rate.  But I do want it on when I fire up one of the exercise modes, and if I forget to turn it back on in settings before I start an exercise, I have to stop the exercise and go back out to turn on heart rate to get better data.  The versa is already fiddly with the music controls, so I before I exercise I have to pair Versa Classic with bluetooth, change output, toggle back and forth to get music controls, turn heart rate back on, THEN start the exercise.  It would be nice to omit at least one of those steps!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for sharing your idea @TravelingGal!

I could absolutely see this being useful for lots of different users. 

Let's see what other users have to say.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.