Lifetime Step Badge in Million Step Increments

I have added this new idea for a Millions Incremental Step Badge because in the 1 Million step badge idea and that has only collected 45 votes in a year but there is reference by @varuscelli in the comments for an Incremental Million Lifetime Step badge.

We need Lifetime Step Increments for example 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 20 etc but even with these, I'm approaching 15 million steps since joining in September 2011, so the Fitbit Exercise Psychologists need to profile more accurately with smaller increments to give the Fitbitters the added incentive, this applies to the distance badges as well.

I have created this because my next Lifetime Distance Badge won't be until 2019 and that concerns me, because when I was averaging my 10.5k steps/day it put me at 88% of the Fitbit population at least 3/4's of the Fitbitters will take many years to achieve some of the Lifetime badges, so again the increments should be smaller.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
65 Comments
TFZ
First Steps
Hi there xmnu-

Congrats on completing a million steps in your lifetime - that’s fantastic and impressive! Does Fitbit have a badge for achieving that milestone? I find it disappointing that Fitbit does not continue to encourage and support additional milestones. Please let me know if you ever receive a badge or some kind of acknowledgment from Fitbit! 👏🏻👍🏼🎈
Toby Z
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@xian that might be because there is not a 1Mbadge, and the reason for this suggestion. Did you add your vote? 

xian
Jogger

@Rich_Laue I did now!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Colinm39 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

TFZ
First Steps
I strongly support this suggestion!! It will continue the fun and excitement that Fitbit began with its wonderful badges. Amazing how motivational those badges were and so often I wish that there were a way to continue that satisfaction that comes with reaching a challenge. PLEASE consider reinstating the badges!!
Thank you - Toby Zabinski - a long time continuous Fitbit lover and wearer

Toby Z
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

This is a great idea!  I love it and want it!

TFZ
First Steps
I think this would be great!! Very motivating - very satisfying - and reason to celebrate a true accomplishment!! Working toward a million step increment requires a certain amount of dedication and adds a lot of fun and excitement as external motivating factors. There is no downside to it - only terrific upsides!! I strongly support and encourage Fitbit to put the fun back in these wonderful challenges and add a lifetime step badge for those willing to stick with it!

Tobyz80@hotmail.com
carolbc
Jogger

I've got 45,000,000 steps and no badges for years. It's not right that such a simple request could not accommodate (quickly) the fitbit users who work so hard and consistently. What's the big deal about doing this?

Emujo
Tempo Runner

If Fitbit could find a way to charge for the new badges they would be out in 2 days..This is really disappointing..I'm at 25,000,000 and have exhausted all distance badges. In anther thread I recommended a few realistic badges..13,000 miles is very close to 70 light msec, 17900 is the distance the ISS travels in 1 hour. I'm sure there are very creative people out there that can give even better goals. Even just the lifetime steps would be a "step" in the right direction..increments of 5,000,000 would be fine with me.. And I also made the suggestion that we could see how we rank to other FitBit users..ie with 25,000,000 steps your are 1547/122000k fitbit users..E

TFZ
First Steps
Looks like Fitbit isn't interested in developing this - so perhaps we should think about setting up a "room" in Fitbit ot Google where we can encourage those interested to set up some goals in terms of steps and individuals can sign in and enter their total steps - set up a little competition with some emoji rewards - make it a fun project. I'm game - anyone else?
TFZ
First Steps
I completely agree with you! Maybe we need to set up our own area where we can set some goals and let each of us enter our names when we reach these difficult goals and receive an emoji to celebrate each person's accomplishment! It's pretty obvious Fitbit is not interested in doing this - or they would have done it by now!

"We have to be better, we have to love more and hate less. Listen more and talk less. It is our responsibility to make this world a better place."
Colinm39
Marathon Racer

I'm patient, 81 in a couple of days and still waiting 5 years now. 

TFZ
First Steps
If we wait for Fitbit, it will never happen! We need to brainstorm and create our own Lifetime Step Badge!

"We have to be better, we have to love more and hate less. Listen more and talk less. It is our responsibility to make this world a better place."
kit19
Stepping Up

I'm all in favor of more badges.

Additionally, I would love to see an automatic celebration at 10,000 steps per day, not matter what your personal goal is.  There are a lot of people with conditions/situations that would prevent them from achieving the 10,000 steps on a regular basis.   I've set my baseline goal at 5,000 steps per day so that I can reach to achieve that even with a migraine or a bad arthritis day, but I would love to get another celebration on the many days I reach or exceed 10,000.

TFZ
First Steps
YES!! YES!! YES!! It's a great idea - a terrific incentive - and an accomplishment worth recognizing and celebrating!!!!

I vote YES!!

Toby Zabinski
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.