Lifetime Step Badge in Million Step Increments

I have added this new idea for a Millions Incremental Step Badge because in the 1 Million step badge idea and that has only collected 45 votes in a year but there is reference by @varuscelli in the comments for an Incremental Million Lifetime Step badge.

We need Lifetime Step Increments for example 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 20 etc but even with these, I'm approaching 15 million steps since joining in September 2011, so the Fitbit Exercise Psychologists need to profile more accurately with smaller increments to give the Fitbitters the added incentive, this applies to the distance badges as well.

I have created this because my next Lifetime Distance Badge won't be until 2019 and that concerns me, because when I was averaging my 10.5k steps/day it put me at 88% of the Fitbit population at least 3/4's of the Fitbitters will take many years to achieve some of the Lifetime badges, so again the increments should be smaller.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
65 Comments
JustTracy
First Steps

Is there a badge for 1,000,000 steps?  This would be a great addition.

Rossweisse
Strider

I've been a Fitbit user (and an evangelist for the devices) for two and a half years now. I recently got the very last distance badge you currently offer; I got the final climb badge more than a year ago.

I guess it's nice to achieve that, but it's melancholy, too. Unlike, I suspect, most of your users, I'm not a dedicated athlete. Instead, I use Fitbit as a way to help as I try to prolong my life, and make it healthier.

I bought my first Fitbit when I was recovering from Stage 3 breast cancer. Since that time, I've had a second, early-stage breast cancer and spinal surgery. The first cancer is considered metastasized; I take daily meds and have regular scans and checkups to make sure it hasn't returned elsewhere in my body. With Fitbit, I try to walk at least five miles a day. Sometimes I can go a little further; other days, I fall short.

I state all this for context only. Increasing joint pain from the meds makes it harder for me to do stairs, and my energy levels aren't what I'd like them to be. I consider my Fitbit an invaluable tool to keep me going, but now that I've run through all the badges, it's just something I do, like taking my daily meds. There's nothing to look forward to anymore with Fitbit.

Would it be possible for you to add some more distance and climb badges? Given the palette of colors at your disposal, I can't imagine that it would be a big deal to add a badge for every thousand miles (or kilometers) walked, into many iterations. Somebody would probably have to spend an afternoon coming up with a few more climbing distances, but it would sure be fun to have more longterm goals.

It may seem silly, but sometimes even a little thing like badge can be a valuable motivator. I am trying not to fade any faster than I have to. I'm not looking for sympathy - just a little more fun. When I hadn't reached the end of the line for badges, it gave me something to work toward. I would love to have that happy sense again. I suspect that there are many others who would enjoy looking forward to more badges as well.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

OnTheGo3
Jogger

I completely agree with this suggestion. I had just e-mailed Fitbit with a similar request, namely that I would love to see more badges offered; they help move exercisers forward and reward activity achievements. For example, it would be great to consider adding a Lifetime Climb badge for, say, 36,000, and a Lifetime Miles badge of, say, 7,500, and even higher level badges? That would provide more to strive for with an ongoing activity program that is definitely boosted by Fitbit, and could be even more so with additional badges. Thanks in advance and all the very best to the original commenter who has cancer. I am a 22-year stage 2 breast cancer survivor and feel very fortunate. We certainly cannot predict where life will take us at times, although I agree with you that it is very helpful to keep active in the meantime.

Rossweisse
Strider

Thanks, OnTheGo3. I'd like to see them keep the lifetime badges at 1,000 miles and 8,000 stairs apart. I thought it would take me the rest of my life (really) to get from 3k to 5k - and, of course, I now have nowhere else to go.

I suspect that there are some hardcore folks on staff who think that the journey is itself the point - and, of course, in one sense, it is. I just wish they'd be a little more charitable and accommodating to those of us who don't have the benefit of robust good health.

Good luck to you as you continue to beat cancer and its deleterious effects. No surrender!

marcnordstrom
Jogger

I totally agree.  I have been disappointed for at least a year since there are no more floor badges.  My friends suggested that I create my own badges, and I have done that for 36,000 floors and just recently for 44,000 floors.  My next floor badge was going to be at 54,000 floors, but the accuracy of the data tracking has been losing its integrity.  I was at about 48,000 floors, and now, I have dropped to 41,700~.  I have a snapshot of my 44,000 achievement in August of this year, so I know I am not crazy.  But, why should I have to go back day by day since that picture and count them to keep an accurate track?  So, I am with you in one regard, More Lifetime badges!  I am out.  But, more important to me is that I would like some follow up to the issue of my lost floors.  It is bad enough when I have left my FitBit at home and I go on a big hill climb(which I have done), but for this company to take away what I have earned is more than disheartening.

@Rossweisse wrote:

I've been a Fitbit user (and an evangelist for the devices) for two and a half years now. I recently got the very last distance badge you currently offer; I got the final climb badge more than a year ago.

I guess it's nice to achieve that, but it's melancholy, too. Unlike, I suspect, most of your users, I'm not a dedicated athlete. Instead, I use Fitbit as a way to help as I try to prolong my life, and make it healthier.

I bought my first Fitbit when I was recovering from Stage 3 breast cancer. Since that time, I've had a second, early-stage breast cancer and spinal surgery. The first cancer is considered metastasized; I take daily meds and have regular scans and checkups to make sure it hasn't returned elsewhere in my body. With Fitbit, I try to walk at least five miles a day. Sometimes I can go a little further; other days, I fall short.

I state all this for context only. Increasing joint pain from the meds makes it harder for me to do stairs, and my energy levels aren't what I'd like them to be. I consider my Fitbit an invaluable tool to keep me going, but now that I've run through all the badges, it's just something I do, like taking my daily meds. There's nothing to look forward to anymore with Fitbit.

Would it be possible for you to add some more distance and climb badges? Given the palette of colors at your disposal, I can't imagine that it would be a big deal to add a badge for every thousand miles (or kilometers) walked, into many iterations. Somebody would probably have to spend an afternoon coming up with a few more climbing distances, but it would sure be fun to have more longterm goals.

It may seem silly, but sometimes even a little thing like badge can be a valuable motivator. I am trying not to fade any faster than I have to. I'm not looking for sympathy - just a little more fun. When I hadn't reached the end of the line for badges, it gave me something to work toward. I would love to have that happy sense again. I suspect that there are many others who would enjoy looking forward to more badges as well.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Lori_Eastwood
First Steps

I am in the Home Solutions 1 Million Step Challenge and have enjoyed receiving my badges along the way. I was sad to hear there was no badge for a million steps! Wow, that is such an amazing accomplishment and it really deserves a badge!! Thanks for your consideration!

DerringDo
Runner

Many more badges overall would be great.  It seems cheesy, but I do love to get the badges, and incremental ones as much as anything.

Don't ever think you've hit the upper limit of what people will eventually accomplish, either.  Keep those badges coming!  Smiley Very Happy

walksalot
Tempo Runner

I agree. Fitbit has always said every step counts. Why then, don't they acknowledge these milestone steps with badges?

Johnm07
Runner

I agree, I approaching 5,000,000 it would be nice to get a badge for that.

varuscelli
Strider

I think it's bizarre that there are no badges for lifetime step increments in the million range. 

Logical acknowledgment would include something like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 million, etc. 

If there are badges for both lifetime distance and lifetime floors climbed, and daily step and climb milestone badges, there really should be ones for such notable lifetime step milestones that fall in the millions. 

Hey, Fitbit -- why not?  Smiley Frustrated

wadeclan
Jogger

I too am in a program called "fit for life"  with the University of Missouri system managed by Cerna corp.   You have awards for all kinds of small things, but NOTHING for the Million Step goal that most prgrams want.  Let's have a Million goal medal and one for each Million steps after that such as a 2m, 3m, 4m etc medal.   THIS is a goal to achieve some will never get there, and others will get LOTS of them in a year. 

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Lori_Eastwood Having a 1 Million step Badge would be fantastic in order to motivate many users that are currently doing their best to improve their daily progress. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

franksj
Premium User
Base Runner

Fitbit reviewers,

Since the whole idea of having a Fitbit is to be more active, and the most common indicator of that is steps, why is there not any lifetime steps badge.  Badges for steps in a day would encourage lots of steps in one day but does not measure consistent steps made over time.

This seems to be a major oversight.  You want your values to be demonstrated by company policy.  Fitbit says they value an active lifestyle.  Why not show it through recognizing those who demostrate it?

Step badges for 1M, 5M, 10M etc.  Only through monitoring, no logged data.

Let's see if someone is listening to the customer.

bluzu
Keeping Pace

I really enjoyed my *other step tracker's*  celebration of my millionth step.  Phone app showed fireworks display and sent my email a congratulations note.  I hope Fitbit can do something before my 2nd million with my Fitbit Charge HR, I was disappointed there wasn't anything for the first million.

Still 40+ miles from my 500 lifetime miles badge.  

WendyB
Community Legend

I have asked for this for years. Never received.So good luck with it

bobella
First Steps
how come there isn't a million step badge? I was counting on a big todo and instead found out I'm over a million by 90000 already 😞 I think it's needed.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That'll be cool, more badges please 😊

J-flex
Distance Runner
I think it's a greater idea and a great motivator. I like achieving the various badges
walkingramma
Jogger

Yes, badges for the millions steps, I'm nearing 5million steps.

bobella
First Steps
That's awesome 5000000 !!

Sent from my iPhone
hayleycan
Base Runner

When I first started using my fitbit I didn't really think about the badges or give them much thought - and then I started to achieve a few and they really began to inspire me.  Please don't underestimate their value.  Especially when you're doing this on your own.  Sometimes it's all the cheerleading you get.

Keep creating badges - we all need celebrations!

Sweetness6645
Recovery Runner

I was very disappointed when I got my 1,000,000 step earlier this week and there was no badge.

Smiley Sad

raycap
Recovery Runner

This seems like such a simple idea.....a badge every 1,000,000 steps. Sounds like a 5 minute change by FitBit so let's get it done.

WendyB
Community Legend

I agree. Some of us who have been around forever dont get badges anymore. Would Love some Million step badges!

PureEvil
10K Racer

Getting million lifetime step badges will certainly be motivating...  However, how about adding the little twist of counting the number of days between these badges, for instance:

16 Million: 06/29

17 Million: 08/20 (52 days)

18 Million: 10/13 (54 days) Slower!  Smiley Surprised

Etc.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.