Lock Dashboard Tiles in place

I posted this question on another thread, but was directed to post  it here.

Is there an option to fix the tiles on the Dashboard in place?... Sometimes the tiles appear to have a mind of their own as they change location randomly when the browser window is resized or accidentally, when moving the mouse pointer over the tiles. Is there is no such option, you should consider adding it.

Moderator Edit: Labels 

35 Comments
Bliscoli
Premium User
Jogger
You are not wrong. Why do the same people have to keep voting to get this
fixed. It is obviously a problem that needs to be fixed.

Sandra

Sandra Henderson

Bliscoli Kennels

Home of Miniature Longhaired Dachshund

www.bliscoli.com

DogsNSW Registered Breeder No: 2100044482
twcinnh
Jogger

It is also important for me to have an option to fix the tiles.  It seems this should be pretty straightforward; if it's some huge problem it seems an explanation of the issue would be appropriate. 

It is a 'royal' pain to have to keep re-adjusting the tiles.

Please do it; or let us know it just ain't going to be done.

Tom C

PS  My fist comment on the matter.

DaleS
Recovery Runner

I vote to put a lock on the dashboard. It's a pain to rearrange tiles everyday.

Pegasuss
Base Runner

A year has gone by.  What is WRONG with a company that cannot fix their stupid assinine 'dancing tile' bug FOR AND ENTIRE YEAR??!!  This is utterly ridiculous!! FIX THE PROBLEM FITBIT!!!!  Man Mad  Man Mad  

Valkira
Recovery Runner

Dear Fitbit,

You have a wonderful product that actually helps change people's lives, please consider making it more user friendly for those of us who are visually or physically challenged, by putting in a "TILE LOCK" feature.  If we were all able to "Lock our Tiles", this would help everyone save countless hours of frustration that would be better spent working out and logging our progress.

Thank you for your consideration.

EJLyman
Jogger

I didn't realize so many people had the same view and that the problem was so common.

I posted a comment elsewhere and someone helpfully suggested I come here. Yes, Fitbit staff, please fix this! 

Valkira
Recovery Runner
I have arthritis in my hands and when I try to click on a tile,
sometimes I let go too slowly and wa-la, my entire layout is
rearranged... (and much swearing ensues.)

Its almost like someone coming into your house and moving your
furniture around!! Drives me nuts!
app103
Recovery Runner

Listen, either give us the option to lock the tiles in place, or add an additional tile that displays the total accumulated minutes of our life we have wasted rearranging the tiles.

jefobr
Jogger

As a former software developer I would be embarrassed to have allowed this to get into production without a lock feature.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.