Lock Dashboard Tiles in place

I posted this question on another thread, but was directed to post  it here.

Is there an option to fix the tiles on the Dashboard in place?... Sometimes the tiles appear to have a mind of their own as they change location randomly when the browser window is resized or accidentally, when moving the mouse pointer over the tiles. Is there is no such option, you should consider adding it.

Moderator Edit: Labels 

35 Comments
raidyd
Jogger

I agree, There should be a button to save your tiles in place. And one to edit and move them around. It's like putting a puzzle together once one gets moved.

ghostwelsh
First Steps

Yes! Please offer this!

The mouse buttons on my laptop are not the best, and every time I try to open a tile for more details, the things start sliding around. And because they all move when you move one (WHY????Cat Mad) I can never get them back to the orriginal formation. That means that I have to figure out where things are everytime I open the dashboard. It's soooo frustrating. I almost never use it because it wont work for me.

I have some disabled and mobility chalanged people in my life that I think would get a lot of benifit from using fitbits and keep moving! It would be awesome for them. But I can't recommend that yet, because if I can't keep the dashboard still because of a bad mouse, how would it work for someone whose hands shake? Or whose fine motor skills are not in the best shape?

Being able to lock the tiles in place so that they don't start accidently shifting around everytime I try to use the system would be fantastic! Please, please, please do this! I litterally wince everytime I have to use the dashboard right now. There's such great information there, but I cant access it because it's always moving when I try to click!

raidyd
Jogger
I've asked tech support about it. They want people to go the the form and cast votes before they think it is important. But I say if one or two or more are complaining about it, there are 100's out there just not saying anything about and not sure what to do. It could be a easy fix. So I guess make sure you vote.

Dan Raidy
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This fix needs to happen!  The tiles move all the time and it takes forever to get them back in the order you want them in.

raidyd
Jogger

Call them and tell them to fix it. I did, they said they want votes. Do both vote and call tech support. the more calls they get maybe they'll do something. I don't know what their problem is. It's and easy fix to add an edit button and save button.

Edmo
Recovery Runner

Please make this feature happen! I have been running into this "tile dance" almost daily on the desktop dashboard and it's making me crazy. I don't have a smartphone I can synch with my fitbit so I rely heavily on the desktop version of the dashboard.

raidyd
Jogger
Vote and call tech support, the more they get the request maybe they will do something. For some stupid reason they want people to vote one it. They don't think it's a problem. Not sure WHY!

Dan Raidy
raidyd
Jogger

They want Votes to get this to change tell everyone you know that uses fitbit to come here and vote to get this to change

MatthewC
Recovery Runner

This really needs to be added to the dashboard.  the tiles can jump and be dragged arround accidentally far too easily.  Seems like it would be a simple thing to add a check box or something that would lock your tile arrangement once you have them set where you want them.  It is incredibly frustrating to try and click a tile and then watch as everything jumps around and out of place.

raidyd
Jogger
I've called them on it. They say they need votes before they wwoild think about it. Not sure why! But vote on this form and if you know anyone else that sures fit bit tell them to vote too Dan Raidy
Bliscoli
Premium User
Jogger

The "tile dance"is a pain. The sooner they fix the better.

raidyd
Jogger
Yep I know, they want people to voice themselves and vote on it. Make sure you vote on this form and tell anyone you know that owns one to vote also
 Dan Raidy
Bliscoli
Premium User
Jogger
Sandra Henderson

Bliscoli Kennels

Home of Miniature Longhaired Dachshund

www.bliscoli.com
raidyd
Jogger

I'd call tech support also maybe the more complaints they get and votes the better. They might want to fix something. They should know for every one person that's complaining there are 50 more just not saying anything. I'm not sure why it would be an easy software fix with an edit and save button. Not sure what their deal is.

Dan Raidy

jsmith0783
Keeping Pace

I would appreciate it if they fix this. Nothing worse than having a tile move on you as you try to click on it.

raidyd
Jogger
Yeah I know it's a pain, call tech support and complain then vote on the forum. They don't really seem to care. Dan Raidy
raidyd
Jogger

What a Joke they spend all this time in creating a new dash board and with still no option to lock the tiles in place. Seems like they don't care certant options. The Fitbit is great I love mine.But I wish they would care about these concerns. I get tired to tring to put the dash board puzzel together everytime it get rearranged.

twcinnh
Jogger

Yes, how many votes do they need to offer the capability to 'lock' tiles in place.  It's absurd dealing with a very mobile arrangement.

It would be good to get some sort of update on the status: yes, no, maybe.

Regards,

Tom C

Dazzza
Recovery Runner

PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!! bring in this feature... so ANNOYING on notebook to accident "grab" a tile when just moving the mouse around

dragonspeak
Runner

PLEASE. I am disabled and unsteady. When  the files to slide around willy nilly, it creates an unnecessary challenge and disrupts my Fitbit exercise for me.

Please give us a means for tile stability. Thank you for listening.

Bliscoli
Premium User
Jogger

Hi there,

I agree whole heartedly. I am in the same situation, but it doesn't appear
to rate too highly with Fitbit support.

Sandra Henderson

Moderator Edit: Personal information removed.

lschmdt55
First Steps

How do you vote to lock the tiles in place?  I VOTE YES!!!  The computer version is crazy.  I really hate it.  I'm not going to use it until it's fixed.  At least the tiles on my phone stay in place where I put them.

P.S.  I don't see anything new about the tiles except they jump around.  Not an improvement.

Linda.

Michael
5K Racer

Please implement a feature to lock the position of the tiles, even if they don't fit in the browser. (Just add a horizontal scroll bar.)

That way the tiles would always be exactly where I want them so I know where to look on the screen for the data I want.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm the kind of person who likes to have all things organized and I agree with this request, @Tamanaco. Hopefully this will considered by our engineers. I encourage you to keep participating in the Feature request board and Community.

Catch you later!

SebringDon
Distance Runner

This has gone beyone ridiculous. This is a serious, very frustrating bug that's been on the board for over 10 months. It's a one-day job for one programmer. It's frustrating the user base constantly. And all we hear over and over is "vote."

This shouldn't even need to be a feature request; it's a bug and should have been resolved ages ago.

I've been using my FitBit for a month and I've had to reorganize my dashboard countless times. The simplest action will grab a tile and throw the whole scheme out of whack. 

How about we get this bug fixed and quit asking for votes to fix a bug?

Pardon my angst, but I just reorganized my dashboard again. I think that's four times today.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.