Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
Tymjennings
Jogger
I agree!! It would make for real challenges. I am so bored with the same challenges over and over again

Sent from my iPhone
LTZ29
First Steps
YESSSSSS ....I'm not alone!!!!! Dying for more challenges. Saw someone say team/partner challenges....that would be amazing
humpfh
Recovery Runner

I second the idea.  I'd like to see week long challenges (7 days, not just work week), month-long challenges, and maybe an hourly challenge (like, whoever has the most active hour in a given time perioid - day, week, month, whatever).  Also the ability to set your own challenge, like for example, "night shift warriors" or whatever, where people who work nights can participate against other night owls.

It'd be a good idea to have challenges based on things other than just step count, too.  Calories burnt, pounds lost, whatever.

I'd also like to see measurements (wrist/neck/chest/stomach/hip/thigh/calf) included, so people could track inches gained or lost.

And honestly, for the users with high metabolisms (among which I do not number), it's probably prudent to include a weight *gain* option.

humpfh
Recovery Runner

@Moderator

Has there been any traction on this?

TorontoSandra
Jogger
Has anyone from Fitbit even commented on this forum about these ideas?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I personally would like a fully customizable type of challenge.

These people : individual or teams

Competing in _______ (steps, distance, active minutes, water, weight loss, etc)

highest number at the end of  _______ (amount of time) or first to _____ amount

Vicxm
Jogger
I can't even join weekend because I'm in workweeks challenges how stupid is that. I have to wait till everyone has updated and leave. Doesn't look like anyone from fitbit has commented!
Tymjennings
Jogger
I wish they would have a Fitbit community not just friends. Update status, setup a active minutes challenge and maybe even drinking the 64oz of water

Sent from my iPhone
Sven42
Jogger
Make a longer challenge run time. Like 26 days: The marathon!
Unigiri
First Steps

Will this be implemented soon? This option would be great in the app. 

It would be good if you included a 'full week hustle' on the challenges
Nrg602
Jogger
How about adding more challenges!? Hour challenge?
shelbyville85
First Steps

I agree with bringing in a variety of types of challenge more than just steps. It could be heart rate, sleep, most active minutes, distance, stairsetc. And definitely the ability to change to duration. Needs to be much more customisable to keep it interesting. So bored of the few step challenges there are.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There should be a more options for challenges with more variety. First fitbit - let us invite more than 10 people! The Challenges are great advertisement and creates more interest to potential buyers - we should be able to invite more than 10.

Next have more variety with challenges. Stop limiting to only 5 or allow us to add challenges when another closes - why do we have to wait until everyone syncs. Having a 7 day challenge or a month or more challenge would be great. How about a work day challenge 8 hours or a lunch time hour challenge. Variety will provide more opportunity to everyone to join.

Klm
Recovery Runner
A way to make a challenge group permanent and identify it with a name. I have created or been invited to challenges for different groupings of friends, which are renewed each week or weekend. But with every challenge having the same names. It takes a lot of clicking to know where I stand with different groups. At the moment there are problems with a group gradually dwindling if people opt out one week and nobody remembers to reinvite them the next week, but on the other hand, more often than one in the group rechallenges at the end creating duplicate groups. And then one group will pick one person back up, while the other picks someone else back up and, well, it's messy.
MrsJohannah
Recovery Runner
What about an Easter Challenge or Mother's Day or Father's Day challenge? Any Holiday really!
Essbee1322
Jogger

I wish there were more challenges and/or collaborative ones. For example, the group would have to work together to "climb Everest", "walk a marathon", "walk from coast to coast", etc.

Arrnib
First Steps

Most stairs.

Most cardio mintues.

Most active mintues.

Longest duration...or the longest distance at one time for runners/walkers.

First to reach 25/50/100miles (no time limit) 

Plain steps are getting boring and after witnessing one of my competitors lightly jogging in place but swinging their arms like a mad person, really puts a bad taste in your mouth. This same person has won every single step challenge...and it's no wonder at this point. Man Mad

Teams are a cool idea too! And some kind of record of when you come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I've sold my fitbit now got bored of same challenges that same people win and not being able to link properly to 3rd party apps. Won't buy fitbit again

Regards

Michael Riley
Tymjennings
Jogger
Maybe fitbit will do some upgrading after all the comments
Lauriek2
Recovery Runner
I would really love to have more than five challenges at a time. I have different groups of friends I would like to do them with. It would also be awesome if we could name them what we wanted in order to keep track of the different ones with the different people.
1Sharon
First Steps

Agree.....we were looking to be able to set up a challenge for a particular time frame, and that's not currently available.  

We need more options!

• Specific time frame
  • Specific number of steps
  • Specific number of miles
  • Invite as many people as you have friends

I'm sure there's more, but these are the options I could use today.

LongerChallenge
First Steps
It may have already been suggested, but a group of us wanted to add 30 day or longer challenges to stay motivated. This is such a great resource for overall health and wanted to challenge ourselves a "step" further.
Utopiayes
First Steps

My Weight Watchers Representative contacted me today and wanted to know if there was any way that our WW At-Work team could challenge another office team. I wasn't sure and came here to check it out. I see this FitBit TEAM CHALLENGE OPTION has been suggested many times. I would just like to add that the option to have a Moderator over the Team Captains be available. This way each Weight Watchers group would have a captain to invite members (and yes, 10 is too small by far!) and the moderator could then share the progress of each team. 

It is worth noting that my main reason for purchasing a FitBit was because so many Weight Watchers member were always talking about the competitions and it seemed like such fun (which it totally is).

SarahG
Premium User
Jogger

I would love to see more challenges that relate to personal goals, so "who achieves their goal most days this month" would be great. A lot of my friends are so much fitter than me that comparing actual steps/time doesn't feel so motivating.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.