Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
Jo-Dec
First Steps

I am new to Fitbit, having moved from a Garmin. I like the challenges, but agree that we need longer challenges and a custom challenge option. I don’t want to have to ‘stitch’ challenges together to achieve what is a very basic goal. Please add this Fitbit! 

modeller51
First Steps
It never gets sorted. After 4 years of asking

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Jo-Dec
First Steps

It’s very disappointing. I’m going to write to them direct to see what they say. Thanks for replying.

TorontoSandra
Jogger
Please hit them up on Twitter, Facebook etc... Public request is better.
They msgd me last year saying they were working on it...
Jo-Dec
First Steps

Done it and got a crappy response saying they prioritise according to votes. There are 2 suggestions listed, both regarding custom or longer challenges, totalling over 4,000 votes, but apparently we need more. Try to drum up more votes so that it goes viral!

Jo-Dec
First Steps

Just replied with this

There are 2 suggestions that are related to this, so in total this idea has well over 4,000 votes. Is that not enough or should we mount a campaign to make it go viral? Of course a campaign would imply that the users are ignored, so it would be quite negative publicity, given the number of strong competitors in the market. Please let me know as I love a good cause.”. See if it does any good!

writerlyn47
Jogger
I am totslly disgusted with Fit Bit for not getting serious about this
issue and the way they are not directly answering the question!

--
" It is never too late to be what you might have been! "
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

a full week, 2 weeks or a complete month would be really cool - more thrilling, lots can happen !

voted

Smiley Happy

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion.

This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates!

Thanks for your patience.

Zoman73
Jogger

Glad it is finally being discussed. Hope there is something new at some point.  

Moderator edit: personal info removed

CurtisDove
First Steps
BS, it’s been easy too long about to leave fitbit for not putting more into challenges

Sent from my iPhone
modeller51
First Steps
Ive given up with Fitbit now after 5 years. Its not giving me anything new ive done the distance badges with 3.5million steps per year. (Postman) ran out of interest now

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Pattyjv1
First Steps
Fitbit sucks. The same challenges are boring. They should add new ones, longer ones for people who like running. What about a challenge from Monday Through Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Throwing in my vote for this not that it is worth much.
Been trying to do some challenges with friends but the longest one only lasts 5 days for us.. There isn't much choice either so it gets a bit boring resetting the same two challenges weekly 😞

Joylyn126
Base Runner

Thanks for your vote. 

Eucid
Jogger

I email and tweet regularly over the last few years about this. They aren't interested, it's so annoying. 

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released as a Fitbit Premium feature. Under the 'Custom Challenge' and 'All for One' challenge, you get to choose:

• Steps, distance or active minutes for the challenge
  • Choose a duration of up to 30 days
  • Choose other players, up to 30 people.
  • Start the challenge at set up or within the next 7 days

Note that Fitbit Premium users can invite friends without Fitbit Premium to compete in a Custom Challenge but only Fitbit Premium users can create a Custom Challenge.

@Jwell, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Lifeson
Recovery Runner

what the heck, so we have waited for freaking years for this simple update and now you want to charge us for the use of it...........you have got to be kidding me!!!!!  Im just counting the days till my fitbit takes a dive on me and Im out!!!  the funny thing is you, fitbit, thinks you are doing us a favor, I don't even want to count the $$$ i have spent on fitbit over the last 5 years, guess you don't need loyal customers.  So unpleased with this!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Keep the custom challenges out of the premium section. It's not fair that we pay a boat load of money for a fitbit then have to pay for monthly challenges. I guess I got lucky like a month ago when I made the monthly challenge cause I didnt have to pay.

TorontoSandra
Jogger
I feel the same way re: disappointing response after this many years. I
will also be switching brands when this one keeps over. It's been a year
so it should kaput in 4-6 months like the other ones.

Fitbit was also just sold, as seen in the news, so this could be the new
provider finally responding...
CurtisDove
First Steps
Agreed, i can’t believe you are trying to charge us a premium for what we have been asking for, for years, the programming behind it is peanuts, since most of the dev is already done, just another way corporations are trying to bleed people a subscription. I’m going back to withings! BYE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Jo-Dec
First Steps

I changed from Garmin to Fitbit, as several of my family and friends had the Fitbit. My Garmin still works so I am seriously thinking of buying Garmins as Christmas presents to get us all on the same system. I don’t see why any of us should pay for this minor development. It really is just another way of squeezing some regular payment out of us, for what is effectively just a simple add on. I was intending to update my Fitbit, so instead of getting more of my money, it will all be going to their competitors. I am seriously not impressed!

AmberW625
First Steps
That's exactly what I was telling my husband when I got the email last night. I dont see how that's fair

Amber Warner
4th Grade Science/Math Teacher
Roger Gehring Elementary
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the update - please note that non Fitbit Premium users can participate in these challenges, but only Premium members can start the challenges.

E2017
Jogger
Massively disappointed with this.... as and when my Fitbit dies, I guess I know what I won’t bother replacing it with.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.