Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
OptimistRhyme
First Steps
I agree with the idea of more challenges. I would suggest a 7 day long challenge, rather just separating the workweek from the weekend. There should also be the ability to have more than 10 people in a challenge.
TorontoSandra
Jogger
I agree there should be a customization ability for challenges. A friend of mine is getting married in April... would be great to have all of our fitbit friends active and motivated together. We could measure steps, number of lbs lost, etc. More than 10 would be great too.
richmahn
Jogger
All these ideas are great!! Fitbit customer service? Listen to this post!!
Linylee
Keeping Pace

Would like to see an addition of a month long challenge in addition to the 4 current ones (Workweek Hustle, Daily Showdown, etc.) It would give people more time to get in their steps in case they have a busy or bad week, etc. and it will average the steps out more.

Thank you for your consideration.

Linda

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please. Heart

Tablone
Jogger
I also love this idea. I'd also love a super long challenge such as one year.
Tablone
Jogger
How about various challenges such as steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes, and calories burned over a variety of time periods: 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year. I'd love to do a year long calorie burning challenge.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Also lifetime achievement are pretty much meaningless except as an indication of how long you have been on fitbit. Make these annual or monthly achievements
Tablone
Jogger
No, lifetime achievement badges are great. Don't get rid of those but do add the monthly and yearly ones.
JesB
Jogger
I agree I like like time achievements. Maybe though if you kicked butt on a
challenge and beat your own record that could be a badge. You gotta
celebrate when you do good.
Jellylegs
First Steps
Really wish we had challenges based on things other than just steps, I'm in a step challenge now and have absolutely no motivation to do anything other than walking. Bike rides seem pointless because they're no steps! If we could have an active minutes challenge or a calories burnt challenge I'd be much more motivated to do all sorts of different exercise.
Staminus
First Steps
Yes, yes! MORE! I believe Fitbit's social infrastructure is good, BUT it's not great. More challenges, more people, more customization... MORE, LOL!. I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. It could really set the community apart and put it way ahead of the Competition.
Vicxm
Jogger
Yes more challenges needed and allow us to have more than 5 as some are joined but not yet started. I'd love a stairs/floor challenge
Londoner80
Jogger

Definately a good idea. This will also motivate peope to be PERSISTENT with the activity. Thumbs up x10000 from me. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I agree with these challenges. It would be great as someone said to have a calorie goal challenge. Different challenges and group challenges keep things interesting.
MeganPA
Jogger
Would be nice to have teams on challenges. My husband and I do challenges with friends. Some weeks we do couple versus couple. Some week we do girls versus guys. Would be nice to assign teams instead of having to add up steps.
LexiNettie
First Steps
Yes! Increasing the varieties of challenges would be great. Month long challenges would especially interest me since it takes 21 days to build a new habit. A month long challenge could provide the additional motivation needed to help exercising stick!
Jlp1782
Jogger
Calorie challenges - reporting meals everyday, eating within calorie goal, etc. I still need to develop this as a healthy habit and my guess is, others too!
Lucky113
Recovery Runner
I would to see challenges for areas other than steps
JamesF29
First Steps
I agree with all of these posts. Starting with badges, how about more for distance such as something between penguin march and London underground? There are probably dozens of other lifetime distance badges that could fit in between the existing ones or even after pole to pole. As for challenges, allowing more than 5 at a time would be great. How about challenges related to floors, active minutes and calories burned? Like others, I love the fact that the app is social so maybe allowing a way to post a simple current status (I'm feeling..., had a great run, etc...) that gets overwritten whenever you update it (so it doesn't turn into another Twitter) would be cool.
Walk500miles
Recovery Runner

To start with, FitBit needs to let us be in more than just FIVE challenges at a time.  What's up with that?  And, they are counting the challenges that are over but haven't been synced up  yet and the challenges that I've signed up for but haven't begun yet as part of those five challenges.  I am finding it very limiting.  It ends up that I can only be in 2 or 3 challenges at a time.  

From all the previous comments on this post, I hope that FitBit can see that a lot of the users really enjoy the competitive aspect of the challenges and that there are many ideas for increasing access to fun challenges with my FitBit friends.

JesB
Jogger
One other suggestions I've been in a challenge like 4 weeks in a row they
should give out badges for doing so many, beating old records, coming in
1st so many times. Little rewards like this are highly motivational for me
TWG74
First Steps

I am trying to setup a 4 month challange with a group of friends. Please add the ability to customize challenges time periods

Moderator edit: Labels

Tymjennings
Jogger
I love the $2 to join and winner takes the pot. I used an app like that and it donated to my favorite charity. Definitely need more options to choose from for challenges. I am bored of the same challenges every week
Mamaaame
Jogger
I think we should be able to completely customize our own challenges!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.