Low Battery Vibration On All Devices

I know that you can check your battery level both on the app and on your device by swiping to the appropriate screen. However, not everyone knows or thinks to check their app or device to check their battery level. I also know that Fitbit sends notification emails for a low battery. My suggestion is to have it vibrate when the battery is low.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DramaQueenDiva, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a low battery vibration on all Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

YES, PLEASE!

So many times I've woken up late as my battery died overnight! 😣

bms_GA
First Steps

Absolutely would love this feature!  My Fitbit normally gets charged when I cant tell what time it is - oops, the battery has died.  I would think a charge at 5-10% would be better for the watch than waiting til it is 0%

Guy_
Space Racer

It exists in some clock faces, see SimpleClockPro, there may be others in the gallery.

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

Sort of defeats the purpose of being able to customize your clock face if you have to use one that you don't care for just to get a certain feature

Shiralee243
Jogger

Yes. Charge 4.. the 20% warning is too early  We need a 10% vibrate warning.  Caught badly on a hike when tracker stopped no warning. Urgent important feature. 

Does the tracker reduce facilities when battery is below 20%

ethai20
Jogger

I could have used that tonight! My charge 5 wouldn’t sync at all, which isn’t that concerning since syncing sucks. Turns out my battery was at 2%, which essentially means I LOSS HALF OF TODAY’S DATA! 😭

Hein4950
Recovery Runner

Hi everybody.. I support the adjustable warning % for low battery status. Including a warning when battery is charged at 100%. 

In addition, I recommand that battery status is mentioned in the frontpage of your app. 

DramaQueenDiva
Marathon Racer

@Hein4950 the battery level is already on your Dashboard on the app in the upper right corner of the screen.

Hein4950
Recovery Runner
Hi
Unfortenately, not on my dashboard (iphone 8 with charge 5).
Greetings, Hendrik
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Hein4950  - are you saying when you go into the Fitbit App on your phone and pull down the screen to do a sync that you don't have a sync status bar with the battery level on the right?

Hein4950
Recovery Runner
Yep. When I open the app it starts to sync automatically.
No battery level indication on the frontpage, that's why I suggested to add a battery level indicator with % which is updated with the sync.
Guy_
Space Racer

@Hein4950  - is there a sync status bar when you pull down, it often disappears?

It may even be an app issue, perhaps try logging out of the app,  clearing the storage cache and force stopping it 

I don't have either devices so can't check it but it seems odd you don't have battery showing.

pompeygeorge
First Steps

Why had this defect not been fixed yet?

I have a device on my wrist that can vibrate and alert me to key events, but when my Fitbit is about to run out of charge you send me an email?!?

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @pompeygeorge - as mentioned earlier in this thread the vibration warning exists in some clock faces, see SimpleClockPro, there may be others in the Gallery.

This one vibrates the watch every 1% fall in battery level from 17% and flashes an on display alert of the battery level if you have a Versa or Sense type watch.

pompeygeorge
First Steps

Thanks.

a) this basic functionality shouldn’t be tied to a subset of clock faces

b) as I have a Charge 5, the fault still needs fixing

Poods
First Steps

My wife and I have used Fitbit Versa 2 for 8 years. Have just bought Charge 6 and Sense 2 devices. We had no such limitations that I can recall in that time with the Versa 2 watches. I seem to recall that the notification came up at under 20% Only recently, say last 12 months we have noticed the battery life became bad. So while I understand the theory behind the current policy of charge level, notifications of 35% really is not justified. Just as would be only allowing the watch to charge to 80% for the same reason. Not really practical. I believe we should have the ability to change this in the settings to what best works for us. DIsclaimer about battery life as a result would be acceptable. But in the end the setting should be a user setting. Another good setting would be the ability to set each users walking or running step distance. Thank you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.