Low Blue Light Night Mode on Fitbit App

I would like to submit a software change request for dark background, light text with low blue light in mind.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @WendyBionicKnee, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about using a low blue light night mode on the Fitbit App. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

It boggles the mind that in the year 2022, we STILL don't have a dark/night mode in the Fitbit app. Absurd. 

Angiebaby33
Jogger

I just saw a thread going back to 2015 about this feature - it's been requested so many times! I would love a dark/night mode feature!

hopekateking
Jogger
Low blue light mode- “night mode” on app. This would darken the background screen and lighten the text making it less aggressive on your eyes at night.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @hopekateking, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Low blue light Mode' on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Qlqlp
Base Runner

Don't hold your breath, I've see other posts asking for this since 2015 with 1000s of votes and nothing done in SEVEN YEARS. Fitbit is a joke, just browse these forums, so many problems, some nice words occasionally from moderators but nothing actually done. So many people saying this is their last fitbit device and can't blame them. 

Sjlpz
Jogger

Fitbit is now owned by the same company that owns Android (Google). At the LEAST there needs to be an option in the settings of the Fitbit Android app to:

A) Set to light mode

B) Set to dark mode

C) Same as device settings

With all the lack of updates/features, one has to wonder if Google is going to kill Fitbit in favor of their introduction of the Google Pixel Watch.

hridder
First Steps

I would love a dark mode option. The push to make the app basically all white with black text messes with my eyes and is kick-starting a migraine if I'm in it for too long. 

rsgt034
Recovery Runner

Come on Fitbit it's now clicked over into 2023 and STILL no dark mode for the app! Why not?  I would like to hear a detailed response stating why your app developers have not sorted this. The Fitbit app was once the benchmark all others aspired to reach yet now you're slowly being overtaken.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.