Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
Blondiie_xo
First Steps

I'd love to see the grams in addition to percentages when looking at my macros in the app. It helps guide me in my intake and aids me in meal prep and planning. I use myfitnesspal to do this currently, but I'd prefer using the Fitbit App exclusively because it's much more user friendly and appealing! I think this would help a lot of people. 

Jcalais
First Steps

I really hope to see macros in grams as well as percentages. I just got my first Fitbit and love it, however I'm using a separate food diary just to see macro grams. 

vkerwin
First Steps

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you for suggesting. It is really annoying not to be able to see how many grams of protein and fiber I'm eating. I have to use a separate app to track that. It would be really nice if the Fitbit app was a "one stop shop" so to speak for food tracking. Please include an update for this in future app releases!!!

AndreaEd
First Steps

As already said...macros shown in grams please..

C'mon FitBit people. Enough people are complaining about this now. U guys once responded to me if enough people complain, u will make the change. How hard can a software update be?

Tewald
Runner
A software update can be very hard, actually. However, inserting a link to
https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log for each of us should not be that
difficult. Then a simple tap could take us to the exact spot on the web
that shows us the current data in grams (or mg for sodium). Or even just
create a connection that shows that data from the web site, although that
would be more complicated.
Tlgable
First Steps
Most don't want to log on to a web page or can't when they are out and need
to figure out what would best suit their for their required diet.

The time spent coding to put the micro nutrients on the app in my opinion
was a waste of time. Most people I know (Yes it isn't everyone) calculate
by the grams. No matter what their dietary restrictions are. It is hard
to calculate a percentage of one of the nutrients of your caloric intake
for the entire day on the fly. It is much easier to calculate with gramsFor
example. I ate 15 grams of fat. I have 15 more so this small tart of 9 I
can still eat. Plus doctors will give you numbers in grams not %.
Mandy_Runs
First Steps

I too need to see macros in grams.  The "learn more" link on the app in the macronutrient section also boasts that you can see percentages and grams in the app.  But from what I can see that isn't true.  The other problem is you show percentages but what goal percentages am I supposed to stay within? Do I tape those numbers to my screen so I can refer to them when looking at the numbers in the app? Great start Fitbit, but let's fix this so we don't have to use a separate app for macros! 

Sea2Mtn
Jogger

I agree, ability to customize nutrient goals.  In addition,  Add total fiber summary as well as  sodium and potassium for those with health issues such as high blood pressure or kidney issues.  Perhaps ability to select what additional nutrients to be summarized

thatamike
First Steps

It would be fantastic to see my macros in grams. It would literally make me use this app only as opposed to myfitnesspal especially since I actually own a Fitbit and absolutely love it.

Mounir86
First Steps

Hi, why don't you add the macros details ? You only have it as a percentage on the app, i mean can't you have the numbers in totals in grams? Like total protein total carb total fat. That chart is good but it really would be great to have the totals

AndrewPfeil
First Steps

I 100% agree. I'm trying to adjust my diet to be a 40/40/20 split of carbs/protein/fat, so the percentages are great.

but, i also need to know if im getting enough protein. Id like to know if im getting the reccomended 1 gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight. So far there is no way to see that total that i am aware of

Tewald
Runner
The only way at present is to go to the website. I need to know fiber, too,
and that isn't even separated out as a percentage.
AndrewPfeil
First Steps

I wouldnt expect fiber to be a percentage in the macro breakdown. It is a carbohydrate after all.

That being said, itd be great if they moved that section of the website to the app. Id like to know my micros too

Leah923
First Steps

Yes! I'd even upgrade to premium again for this. 

Kamelone
Recovery Runner

As macros in all nutrition labels (at least in Europe) are given in weight (grams/100 gram) and not in energy%, it is hopeless to add macros for custom foods. Please make it possible to enter nutrition data on weight basis.

Especially for us living in a country where we do not have our own food list, most items are custom, and this now ends up as unknown calories, making tracking of macros hard.

Mark68
First Steps

As mentioned numerous times above, please add grams to the macronutrient display. Or an option to select either % or grams in the ISO app.

Otherwise it's a great product

thank you

Cadencemom
Stepping Up

Another vote for macros in grams as well as the ability to set goals/targets.

capu57
Jogger

1. Yes please either show both the actual grams and % or allow us to select if we want the grams or % to be shown.  
  2. On this same topic can you allow us to edit our macro levels so the % shown will reflect our desires goals.  I am doing a Keto diet right now and staying under 50 carbs and as close to 20 as possible.  Today I have consumed 31.4 but the apps claims I have only consumed 6% when it is more like 150% of my goal.
Hnrich29
First Steps

The demand for macros in grams is clear.  Let's get this done Fitbit!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I absolutely love that FitBit have decided to add the percentage macronutrient calcs to the app, but this pretty useless to me and I still end up having to write down all my macros by hand and calculating them separately as I track my macros in gs rather than percent. 

cherlybo
Recovery Runner

Please add daily totals info to app in grams. Protein, fat, carbs should be available in grams and not just percentages. Also, please add daily totals to app for things like fiber, sugar, sodium, etc. The info is all there already, it doesn't make sense to not pull the totals into the app when people likely use the app far more frequently than the computer. It is very inconvenient to have to log into the computer for this info and since other Apps include the totals FitBit should be able to as well.  

The inconvenience of not being able to see daily totals in grams from the app is very frustrating and I may need to stop using it and change to an app that does do this for me. Please add ASAP, I don't want to use another tracking app!  Thank you. 

Fitguy66
First Steps

Please make an option for grams please.

Thank you

RandySavage
First Steps

2 suggestions.

1. As above, lets see some grams please

2. When adding custom food, if we enter carbs, protein and fat, calculate the calories for us. It's annoying because some calories are in Kj and I have to go to Google to convert them. 

Cheers

cherlybo
Recovery Runner

Yes! Please, for custom food addition, please calculate the calories for us when we enter the protein, carbs and fats!  Thank you!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.