Maintain Weight Custonizable Range

On dashboard; weight tile-

Allow user to specify weight range for “maintain” goal. (Customizable min/max for maintaining weight)

Right now, range is set at +/- 15 pounds...a 30 pound swing!

I’d also like for the tile to shade green only when within range.

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Hengadno
Jogger

I agree. It is a great idea. How soon can this function to be added?

trewben
Jogger

I agree, good idea .. the default 10% range is far too wide .. needs to be smaller or better still adjustable.

Liz_nz
Jogger

Great idea, the current range is far too wide

Leafygreen
First Steps

I agree that having a range that is flexible for the user to adjust would be an significant  improvement for fitbit customers!

Leafygreen
First Steps

Moderator,

Please be sure this feedback gets to the design and technical personnel.

Thanks!

HariRag
First Steps

Would like this feature to customise the sight range for maintenance it is far too wide a range now.

PedanticPete
Recovery Runner

I totally agree, I’ve spent so much time getting to my desired weight  ... so happy to move to maintain mode, but want to specify a range 8 am happy to stay within, currently my higher limit is out side of my personal “comfort zone” so am finding myself manually trying to move the goal posts to not get a star in the above section, which really puts my low weight in a ‘danger zone’ (in my head) of being far too low! Please let me set the upper and lower limit ( or at least set the %)

Charlie_H
Jogger

@SantiR

Suggested about 2 years ago and a few people here agreed too, if this helps:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Unable-to-change-weight-Maintenance-Boundaries/m-p/3226424#M...

Msperl
First Steps

Agree completely! I use my Fitbit aria as a support for my participation in WW. The range there is +-2 lbs. would like to be able to set that on Fitbit as well. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KaizenFit and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Cacassity
First Steps

I would like this feature as well. With the new dashboard it doesn’t even show a weight range anymore. I’m 0.1lbs over my goal weight and it tells me I need to lose 0.1lb. I think that’s close enough and miss the green bars that showed a range. 

TripleDeuce222
Base Runner

This sounds like a great idea. I would love to be able to set a custom range as well, since the default range seems way too large to me.

lindsaycat
Recovery Runner

I came here to suggest this as well. I have my app set to maintain at 127lb, and even if I am 0.2 pounds away from my maintenance goal, the mobile dashboard tells me I need to lose our gain that amount. It would be great if we could define a weight range (not just a percentage) in the maintenance goals so the app doesn't tell you to lose or gain if you're not the exact maintenance weight. For me, that would be 125-130, and I'd want the app to only tell me to lose or gain if I'm outside of that range. 

UK2US
First Steps

It’s almost 2 years since the weight range feature was suggested and it still has happened. I’d really like to see this important feature.

mattdm
Base Runner

Yes, please add this. It would actually be nice for the "maintain" mode to actively manage the calorie budget excess or deficit within several ranges:

• plus or minus a few pounds (5 by default, user-adjustable): target is calories out
  • plus or minus twice that: 250 calorie deficit or excess in target
  • beyond that range: automatically switch to a "lose" or "gain" plan.

As it is, I am doing this mental math myself, which makes me obsess about calories and weight more than I want to. I'd rather the app just tell me my target and do my best to hit it every day.

mattdm
Base Runner

Also, is there any chance a moderator could edit the typo in the post title here? This might be even more popular if people could find it more easily.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is a great idea, is there any update from a moderator on the process of getting this going?

rgh101
Recovery Runner

I would like this too. I find it discouraging (and mentally unhealthy, frankly) to be told that I'm over my goal due to a normal 1 lb fluctuation. Maintenance weight should have a user customizable range.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I believe there are far more users that want this feature than have taken the time to vote.  Please bring it back.  I am close to my goal weight and would definitely use it if available.

MeredithDancer
Recovery Runner

I found this because I was looking for a way to set a maintenance range. It seems that fitbit went from one extreme to the other by eliminating the range altogether. I agree with other users that it would be helpful to have a user-customizable range with a default around +/- 5 pounds. It would be unhealthy for me to try to lose weight at my current weight, and obsessing about calories isn't good. (I don't currently track calories but would if I needed/wanted to gain or lose.)

It's likely this would be helpful for many more users than have commented here or liked this comment because not everyone will take the time to search how to make a feature request. Some will probably just not use that feature as a result.

parasollady
First Steps

This feature has been under consideration for three and a half years, is there any way to get an update on if it will be implemented in any way any time soon? I agree with the other commenters, it's counterintuitive and not at all productive for mental and personal health to not have a range for the maintain weight. Is there any time frame for this or anything like that at all?

flf
First Steps

Just here to add to the thread that this needs to be implemented because some of us just want to track our weight without unhealthily focusing on a single number. Having this stuck at “under consideration” for nearly four years without an update is ridiculous.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.