Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change weight Maintenance Boundaries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I've been looking and can't seem to find an answer.

I've had the Charge 2 since November. I started out at 93kg, and today I hit my target of 75kg, and am simply looking to maintain this. When you put the maintenance goal in the app, it produces sort of "error bars" as a 'green' range around the weight you wish to maintain - I wondered if there was a way of adjusting these brackets, as currently the range seems a bit wide.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
CH

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Charlie_H, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of the error bars you're seeing when trying to adjust your weight goal? That will be very helpful for me to check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

Thanks for the response.

Attached are screenshots showing what I mean... I put in a new weight in just to show the upper threshold - the range is around 4kg either side (8kg range), which just seems a bit on the excessive side to me. I wondered if I could change it to a range I'm happier with.

Kind regards,

CHIMG_1308.PNG

IMG_1309.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not an odd situation, it's a problem with the app. I'm having the same issue with pounds instead of kilograms. I entered a maintenance weight of 127 pounds and the weight tile shows a range of 114.3 to 139.7 pounds!

Gaining up to 12.7 pounds is not maintaining! Why did they choose +/- 10% as the maintenance range? It's far too wide. 

Best Answer

I see there has been no resolution to this deficit. As the 2 other people have pointed out, I believe the parameters for maintaining a good weight are too wide and I’d like to “condense” them. For example: I want to weigh about 174 lbs, and I’d like the maintenance range to be about 170 to 178 would fine. Fitbit has my range something like 154 - 191...ridiculous.

thanks

Best Answer

I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posters on this. The functionality to adjust this maintenance parameter would be extremely useful. Any update on this moderators?

Best Answer

I’d like to be able to change the parameters to +/- 5%, instead of 10%.  Is that possible yet?

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. @Hengadno and @Deb317, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to check @KaizenFit's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
Yes - being able to set a “custom” maintenance goal is exactly what I am looking for! And to the suggestion of colors on tile to indicate success or trouble (green versus red, etc) a big 👍.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

There appears to be increasing interest in having this function. Any progress report from FitBit would be appreciated 

Best Answer

Hello @Hengadno, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your insight and feedback about this situation. Please note that It takes time to move suggestions through discussion with relevant teams and potentially onto our product development roadmap. Our team's development cycle for new products varies based on a number of factors and usually includes an internal planning period, which is why sometimes new features may not appear as quickly as you would like.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like this thread is now almost 2 years old.
Based on that extremely long timeline, has it been determined that this functionality will not be added?

Best Answer

Hey @mewingkitty,

Given that there’s been enough time for me to fall off the wagon and regain weight (ironically given this threads aim), and start again, I’d say that’s probably a fair assumption haha!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Maintain-Weight-Custonizable-Range/idi-p/2663834

Someone else suggested it here more recently, not sure why it gained more traction but may be worth looking at.

Best Answer

Hi, i I would like to be able to set my maintenance weight window as well, now I’ve hit my target, it seems to say I’m within target even up to a gain of 6lb, and that is the difference between clothes fitting comfortably and not fitting at all. If I could adjust it to 2-4lb I’d be happier. Thanks 

Best Answer

I agree , the current range is too large 

Best Answer
0 Votes