Make Account Archive data export available in CSV format

Hi everyone, a lot of your data export requests exist, so in an effort to streamline these suggestions, we're creating this specific request for it to be in CSV format (rather than JSON).

You might also consider voting on this feature suggestion to add-date-range-filter-for-data-export.

Form more information on data export, see our help article here.

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

arlauer92
First Steps

I am 100% in support of this - my battery isn't what it once was and I was starting to look at other brands to see if anyone doesn't make me deal with JSON files. CSV exports would be amazing and let me do all sorts of fun and easy exploration of my data!

THigginsWx
Base Runner

This is a great idea! Then users could do their own custom analytics.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

steve111
Recovery Runner

I completely agree. The JSON format is SO difficult to even open in EXCEL, SPSS, etc.

JJTX
Jogger

Yes, please!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Pattrin
Jogger
I would like to see this data in my archive !
This is à real shortcoming...
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pattrin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to export archive data. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.