Make Fitbit devices settings available on Fitbit app

As a software engineer I find it excruciatingly painful that some settings are done on the watch and some on the Android or iOS app. Move everything to the app and include those settings as part of the sync process.

Make Fitbit devices settings available on Fitbit app

38 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @obermd, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to adjust your Fitbit device settings on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TronWolverine
First Steps

Honestly I was upset when you took the ability to set alarms from the app.  When you misplaced your Fitbit, it was awesome to be able to set an alarm from the app and then wait for it to go off to hear it vibrating.  So why wouldn't you leave a person a way to make changes from the App and watch?  This would just make sense? Why take away features that makes things better?

obermd
Recovery Runner

@TronWolverine , I like this idea even better.  Make everything consistently available from the app and then all the user to override on the watch.  Another setting that would be good is for a one-time override is the Swimming Exercise app.  If you normally swim in a 25 yard pool and swim elsewhere on occasion in a 25 meter pool, being able to change the pool length for that swim would be useful.

Nic_Full_Send
First Steps

YES PLEASE!! The iFit heart rate arm band is sold out anyway so there’s no way for iFit/fitbit users to get heart rate synced even if they wanted to. Willing to pay an extra service charge to make this happen! Garmin syncs with iFit, why not Fitbit??

Ericsgirlie
Jogger

I agree!!!!

ajkrouse
First Steps

Yes to this! I find it incredibly frustrating that in order to sync my Fitbit data with Apple Health I had to download a different app and manually use that app to sync across both apps.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit use to have almost all the settings in the app. 

However users where upset with this and said that they need these settings to be on the tracker.

Especially the alarm function which required having a live connection with the fitbit server and a sync to set the alarm. Users on ships where unable to set an alarm. 

Personally I think some of these settings should be found in the app, as well as on the tracker. 

SarahMood
Jogger
In my situation, the watch face is blank. Unless I can make any changes on
the app, I will never know if the watch can be fixed or adjusted. When I
wear the watch, it is still sending accurate infor to my app.
S
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SarahMood please post your problem in the board that supports your watch. 

Karen_Lyn
First Steps

Yes, make  changes from app.  New Sense for Christmas.   I got directions to avoid Wallet, but can't yet implement since I don't know what APPPS I want to appear first and double hold on small watch hasn't worked yet.  I be using WALLET and have been frustrated that keeps blocking my exploration of the watch.  

I don't have versa 3 

Bumped it by accident

Thank you 

Danielle Smith

gee66
Jogger

I agree!

Make app capable of all settings for Charge 5 including alarms.

Also make setting alarms consistent and easy on the charge 5. Not the case now.

kzar
Stepping Up

agree
I spent an hour to find how to change language in my Sense.
Having all settings in the Fitbit app would be very useful.

Veasel
Recovery Runner

How can such a poor design flaw be implemented? Perfect example, I have the Versa 2, and the only way to change to 24hr clock format is to go settings within the website. That's nonsense and should be easily available from within the app and definitely the device itself. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Have you voted for the request to Set 12/24 in the app  in the app? 

kashiichan
Jogger

Some settings are on the app, some on the device, and some on the website. You have no idea where to start looking unless you google it. This is a bonkers decision. Everything should be available in the app, with the device given the ability to override any options included on the device.

gee66
Jogger
I agree!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

And response to users, some are on the tracker. 

Currently the only setting only the web that directly affects the tracker is the 12/24. The timezone can be set through the web or app.

Both the web and app require a live Internet connection and a sync, while settings on the tracker require neither. 

3rdMedBn3ID
Jogger

As TronWolverine said back in December, "When you misplaced your Fitbit, it was awesome to be able to set an alarm from the app and then wait for it to go off to hear it vibrating."  I have used that option more than once when a FitBit fell off, beginning with my first - a FitBit One!  I now have a FitBit 4 and want that same functionality.  

Make EVERYTHING accessible on both the app and the device.  Why should one group have to suffer because another group wants to make it more difficult for the first group?  

BTW, if the Charge 4 is the last tracker to track floors (I don't need a watch), I will not be able to upgrade in the future. That is very disappointing.  I was quite pleased to find the option to download and install the FitBit Charge 2 display.  Obviously, that was popular, so kudos to y'all for keeping it.

DennisMeier
First Steps

Love this suggestion! I would much prefer being able to change settings on a larger screen. I would also like it if I could tailor my watch settings. For example, my Fitbit 4 has features I am never likely to use; I wish I remove them. Another: I inadvertently toggle off the screen wake mode now and then while touching the screen; I wish I could removed the toggle switch for this option. 

Jacqueline17
Jogger
How do you expect someone to adjust the screen brightness if it is so dark you can't see the writing? Why hasn't the brightness adjustment been added to the app on the phone for when this happens...which appears to be happening to a lot of fitbits!!!
Make screen options with white background with bold black print for easier reading.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Jacqueline17  - if you enabled Sleep mode the whole watch dims and can't be adjusted. The solution is to remove Sleep mode.

Jacqueline17
Jogger

Thanks for responding..

If it is on sleep mode it was not setup for that and until the screen went dark everything remained as originally set..   The screen turned totally unreadable by turning completely black.  Now I can't change the brightness because I can't read/see anything on the fitbit screen.  The app on my phone shows it is set on auto brightness, but you cannot adjust the brightness in the app on the phone so I'm stuck.  If the screen were white and/or you could adjust brightness from the phone I think it would prevent having the issues. 

I have had the Charge3 for 3 years never changing my original setup, and until now have had no problems until the screen turned black on its own.  There are quite a few others having the similar problem.

Guy_
Space Racer

@Jacqueline17- you probably have a fault that you need to contact Fitbit Support about. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jacqueline17, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having your Fitbit device settings such as the brightness level available on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed that a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.