Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@ynotnova you can, see this thread

hunterc
First Steps

We've been waiting for more than 2 years? Thanks for NOTHING!

SquashPlayer
Base Runner

Hi @ynotnova

You might find my post about downloading Heart Rate data to be useful:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Access-Fitbit-Heart-Rate-Activity-amp-Sleep-Data-Export-Do...

SquashPlayer

sanFitB
Jogger

In my opinion Fitbit misses a crucial feature as it is not possible to export heart rate to excel.

When is it this featured supposed to be released? is it in your software product roadmap.

irakez
Base Runner

A year and a half passed since the initial request. No updates? 😞

We are not asking for a new app or a new device or some complex integration with other apps. Just save HR data like eveyrthing else is already saved! How hard can it be?!

samtmarno
Jogger

I also would very much like to be able to export the HR data. My son (with ASD) just started using the Blaze at school to help keep his behavior under control. A more detailed time-visual would be extremely helpful for the school and myself to pinpoint exact times with the causes of his stress & anxiety so we can teach him to independently recognize triggers and self-regulate.

I used Barry's (SquashPlayer's) method in this feed (1st post above) that he made available to everyone for free (THANKS BARRY!), and it works, but there is a lot of work to get the data into a format that's helpful for us. It sure would be nice to click a button on my Fitbit app that would give me the detailed info in a clean, concise chart format instead of trying to distill the data in Excel.

ankur17
First Steps

drZZMwqW.jpg

Sample size of heart rate usually lies between 40-60 and seldom crosses beyond it.

The display shows Y axis marks at 40-60 counts apart.

Almost 80% of a day's heart rate lies in-between.

Look in to the possibility of displaying it in sample size range instead of 0-240 which does not serve the purpose.

Also, is there any utility available to export heart rate data?

If it is not, then please provide a way to take out the data.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You could also show the event that was created to the doctor.

This feature would be through the dsshboard, not through the tracker.

Andries73
First Steps

@Fitbit

It is more then 2 years ago that users started to ask for the detailed Heart Rate information. You have it. Its in the database. The Charge HR records it every 5 seconds.

Why is it after 2 years still not possible to either zoom into this detailed Heart Rate information in the dashboard or download this data in a excel/csv file?

Why does Fitbit keep this information to itself?

I am fond of the Fitbit, but when you withhold this information ill change to something else. Im guessing many others as well.

Will you let us know?

Kind regards,

Andries

Kingbrown1000
Keeping Pace

This is ridiculous.

Why should access to our personal data be so greatly hindered by the apparent lack of motivation to come up with data-export solution?

It would be a small feature that could be of significant benefit to many people. Which is obvious given the amount of support behind this idea over the past two years..

CHorses
First Steps

Similar to others, I bought this device believing I could export heart rate data in CSV format. There was nothing in the advertising or product information that indicated that this is not so.

Is there ANY chance this will become a feature in the near future? Or should I return the device? Thanks.

Istoreyuk
First Steps
I would suggest that they will concentrate on bringing out new models and continue to ignore this subject......
I bought one and it wouldn't start up or charge. I complained and in fairness they sent a new one...... I asked for a returns label and they told me just to throw it away..... that makes a mockery of the price they charge and their desire to discover why there is a problem.... as an example - we had a problem with a Dyson product years ago....it was replaced in days with a new one and the other was taken to a lab and taken apart to find out "why"

I also had the reported problem of the rubber splitting where the screws are..... serious design flaw.... sent me a replacement - "throw the other away"....... If they are so disposable why are they so expensive.... also.... why is it only possible to buy the XL from the US and not through other outlets in the UK - cost me an extra £50 or so....

I certainly won't be buying another Fitbit.....

Sent from my iPad
ydna
Recovery Runner

I was ready to sign up for Premium until I discovered that "heart rate" data was not available.  This is bad and making me look at alterntive fitness trackers.

please fix this.

Schm413
First Steps

Absolutely want this! Please implement soon.

Andy745
First Steps

Hello,

It would be very nice to see resting heart rate history longer then 1 month. Can you please make a change so that we can see our RHR since we were using fitbit? It would be usful to have the same date for download in xls or csv format.

Thank you,

A.

resahoeller
First Steps

I'd definately like to track my heart rate over time, not just past 30 days. Or allow us to download the information. This is the only reason I purchased the Charge HR. I just assumed that past data was available.

lmladore
First Steps

Please, add an export to excel of heart rate data function!

Perseii
Jogger

It would be great if the average 5 minute heart rate intervals available on our dashboard could be downloaded as well!

SquashPlayer
Base Runner

Hi @lmladore

You might find my post about downloading data to be useful:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Access-Fitbit-Heart-Rate-Activity-amp-Sleep-Data-Export-Do...

SquashPlayer

Dr_C
Jogger

I would like to point out that ALL of the available data should be downloadable so we can use it. It would be easy one the format is kown, to develop analysis sheets to ignore data that is not required and if the data '... truely belongs to the user', then we should not be charged for it. The Fitbit Charge 2 was not cheap and I am using it to increase fitness - this would be a serious boost to my options for assessing myself.

As someone working in a secondary school, it would also be an incredible way of running projects where fitness could be investigated in a meaningful way ... but the data is nedeed.

Please sort this out ASAP - it would open a world of options for everyone.

mpittman
Jogger
I think their legal department won't let them distribute the data. Some
kind of liability.
kaligirl2
Runner
I agree - while we get a general idea of our rate, it’s not a number we can take to the ‘bank'
D-train56
Jogger
Well, If the legal dept won't let them give it to us then SAY SO in big
letters.

If I had read that I would not have purchased a $250 fitbit.

All I have found is responses that it has been reported to the support
department.

Well the software needs a lot of support. It has BLARING bugs that as a
programmer make me laugh.

I keep thinking fitbit will correct these and each update they are still in
the software.

Also if fitbit is not going to deliver they stop saying the data is ours.

We cant get it . so by default it is not ours.

Derek
Dr_C
Jogger

I don't want to seem a pain but there are no real excuses. The idea of the legal department not letting them distribute the data would be fine if they were not distributing the data - but they are!

The fitbit dashboard has the data on it - it is released to us, but not in a convenient form so that we can analyse it how we want.

I have the solution now and have written a short guide for anyone.  I also have a spreadsheet for data analysis which is very basic, but this is early days for me. I note I can't attach a file here - see the images below.How to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-1.jpgHow to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-2.jpg

Dr_C
Jogger

The data can been obtained - see my last post on this (Can you search for me??)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.