Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
Jonny5
Premium User
First Steps

I am actually surprised that it isn't there already given that some Fitbits have had heart monitors for years now. I notice that it's just not an option on the dashboard or in settings. I want to know why Fitbit lets me export things like my weight and my calories and my steps and my sleep tracker information but does not let me export my heart rate. It would be very good for me to have considering that my doctor is currently fitting me for a heartrate monitor for 48 hours and if the fitbit is even remotely as accurate, I can give him 6 months of data to help evaluate my overall health

Gondwana
Veteran Runner

You can export all of your heart-rate data, but not directly from fitbit. A couple of options are given in this thread, and there are others mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

Fitbit data won't be as accurate as a medical heart-rate monitor.

Scg11
Jogger

Being able to export data is a great feature as it allows the user to log and analyze their activity  in ways that are meaningful to them. 

The dashboard is great. It looks like the daily data is broken up into bins of 15 minutes each (except for heart rate). It would be nice to be able to customize that to go further to 5 minute or 1 minute resolution.

Then, being able to export that data broken down into those 5 minute or 1 minute bins would be nice when trying to spot trends, particularly with sleep. (example: for sleep, being able to plot out my data myself may show me that I seem to wake up at 2 AM each night, or that I toss and turn most 1 hour after falling asleep). 

I love data. I would really enjoy being able to play with my data (which was one of the main reasons I got my Charge 2). Smiley Happy

Nebulus
Recovery Runner

With the current export, no serious analysis is possible, really limiting the value of Fitbit

Ricky_G
First Steps

Fitbit collects substantial information about each user, movement, heart-rate, sleep, distance, steps, fluid intake, calories and more.

The tagline on the Data Export page is... “Your data belongs to you!"  Yet the data available is ridiculously limited. 

If the data is truly ours, then I suggest this page includes availability to download all collected data fields!

riddle902
First Steps

The Alta HR is pretty dope, automatically tracks which activity, pairs with my phone for text and call notifications, tracks how well you saw logs at night and the battery life is impressive. But... I got it for the sole intention of tracking and logging heart rate while exercising with the idea that I would be able to export that heart rate data. This way, I can have a visual representation of which exercises put me in max range, target range, or when I'm mailing it in. I'm pretty bummed the only way i'm able to do this is export a .tcx file from a tracked activity, then convert it to a .xls file. And unless I'm doing that wrong (which is likely), the heart rate data is absent.

Step up your game fitbit. You already have this awesome piece of wearable equipment that collects and categorizes a ton of useful data. One of the features on the dashboard needs to be heart rate data (activity description, distance, time, calories expended, elevation gain/loss would all be rad compliments along with hr, but I feel like I'm being needy) from a tracked activity that can be exported to an excel file. This would be a significant value add for an already awesome product.

Do the right thing fitbit, you need this.

torajiv
First Steps

Two features that I use most are the Heart Rates and Sleep patterns. As a software developer I am dying to get my hands on raw data for both these parameters. I believe HR data is still inaccessible - please do something at the earliest. I hope the FitBit engineers are listening

Gondwana
Veteran Runner

@torajiv: As a software developer, you can certainly get access to your HR data. Use the API.

Pkpilot
First Steps
In English please? Sounds like you have to be a programmer to do that.
Gondwana
Veteran Runner

If you're not a programmer, use one of the third-party sites or methods to get your data. Several are listed in this thread.

Bajajjaya
Jogger

Hi

I would like to see the heart rate history quarter and annual as well similar to what we have for weight and bmi tacking. Resting heart rate stats should also be shown in those frequency along with weekly and monthly. 

Thanks for the wonderful app! ❤️

DuckPhone
Base Runner

What a Great Idea! Enable us to export HR and Sleep Data for personal use! Exporting Data was listed as a feature of my trackers. I didn't see where it said "NO HR Data For You". I've been seeing that same old story about it being in development for THREE YEARS NOW! How About It! When will it be ready? I'm shopping Garmin at the moment and likely will make a change soon. Fitbit has lost me as a repeat customer. Buggy software, features promised and not delivered, broken updates, and whatever else Fitbit can do to discourage a customer.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Problem solved, my Fitbit's plastic cover unglued, so I switched to another brand which has the same feature, i.e. no realtime heart-rate, but a 20 day battery life. 

adkonz
First Steps

I want this data as well! Can this feature please be added? Thank you!

gajan
First Steps

At this time, the data export tool on Fitbit website is only allowing to download data within a 30-days period. I'm looking to export ALL my data from Dec 2015.

Please extend the custom date range to support date range/time period more than 31 days. 

#MyDataBelongsToMe

slakis
Recovery Runner

I think to export more data, you need to subscribe to Premium? If not, what I do, is compile the data in a master sheet and copy/paste the new data into that. It's probably a huge load on Fitbit's servers if you are expecting to be able to export your entire history daily.

Problem is already solved with compiling a master spreadsheet. Your past data does not change.

FaizHassan2004
First Steps

There is other less useful data that can't even shared. I train with a group that regularly completes based on heart rate data. Not being able to easily share it, especially since it's recorded right in front of me is crazy. 

Snowman2k
Base Runner

When this is fixed, I would like to see the option to export more than just 31 days of data.

AukeL
Runner

I bought an Alta HR for my partner because it has better 'looks' she said. That was a mistake! I cannot download HR data from the Alta HR so I will dump it on eBay. 

Would be fair if Fitbit would have made the lack of Alta HR features clear on the commercial sales pages. Alta HR is offered as similar to Charge 2 but it defenitely is not!

vegar_m
Jogger

I really hope that this feature will come. Like 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, All time! 

And it should be possible to watch on a large size window on both the app and desktop.

Pskip48
First Steps

Can only add my support to: 1) Being able to export HR data especially in the monitoring of AFib & then the management. 2) Having HR graph with hour time scale instead of just am, noon, pm. 3) being able to print the daily HR & HR graphs from the Windows 10 APP. All these would make the Fitbit more attractive to many people around the world who are managing AFib.

MapleHill
Recovery Runner

Hi Pskip48,

I have AF too and bought the Fitbit to help monitor that.  However it turns out that no optical heart rate scanner can deal with AF and return any kind of accurate heart rate.  You can see when you might have been sleeping at a 55 BPM and it suddenly jumped to 80.  Even though the AF actual beat was probably much more, you could tell when something changed, most likely an AF episode began.

Of course Fitbit should provide robust download tools for the commercial web site and the app.  However to be fair, no other company I've found gives such open access to the API, through which you can download all your data.  It's way beyond the comfort zone of most people though.  Even my program may be a little stretch for some folks to set up their account, but it does it work.  I have a Windows task that fires off my program in unattended mode every night.  Every night it grabs the last 3 days of data and creates an Excel spreadsheet for each day.  (I overlap and it overwrites the days that already exist, in case my Fitbit wasn't synced or something.)  It does require brief manual intervention every 30 days to request a refreshed security token, but other than that, it just works.  It brings back about 10,000 data points per day.  Getting the data for three days takes it like 20 seconds or less through the Fitbit API.   I've made my program freely available at parseheartrate.com.  If you read through the thread you will find that there are several other options folks have provided.

Cheers,

Ravi

DaleTrexel
Jogger

We think alike! I just got in a bit of a conversation with @fitbitsupport over twitter on this very topic (among other things). https://twitter.com/DaleTrexel/status/917051096983592960

Brynnf
First Steps

Please add  heart rate data export functionality.  Please please please.

MBwalkingMB
Base Runner

It would be nice if at least the daily resting heart rate data could be exportable since it is measured and accessible on the dashboard.  I don't need a second by second or minute by minute download but a daily (and/or weekly/monthly) would show a trend (increasing / decreasing). At least I could measure my exercise output versus the resting heart rate trend. Currently I'm captured all that data by hand and inputting it into Excel spreadsheets I created but would love not to have to do all that work.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.