Make a new Fitbit device without display

Some of us still want something very small that we can wear all the time and only charge every five days for so. I don't need another screen.  I had the FitBit Flex 2 and never took it off.  Same with my husband. We need the step tracking for our health insurance and so I don't want to have to take something off and charge all the time. Plus is lasts longer and is just no fuss.  I can EASILY layer with jewelry and I just need something simple.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

46 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @texasprescott, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about developing a Tracker with no screen!

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Deko1
Jogger

I agree 100%. I actually still wear a Flex 2 for this reason. Please design a new minimalist style with a thin band, which is designed to be worn with a real watch and or stacked with bracelets. I wear a watch and Yurman cable bracelet daily and I want to wear my Fitbit with them,

I like the colored dots showing my progress and the notification alarms, that is all I need. Maybe use the lighted dots more like decoration or small stones? I don’t want watch features or any kind of large face. Just a thin band. I‘d also like to see something more fashionable too that looks like a bracelet. Please look at cable bracelet styles by companies like Charriol, ALOR or Yurman for inspiration. 

Please make it soon, before my 3rd Flex 2 dies!

Sbroad
Jogger

Yes!! I would die for another flex. Thin, no screen, very no frills but blends in. With Jawbone now shutdown there’s a huge gap in the market. I’m a millennial who likes jewelry and lives in a city. Wearing a fitness tracker (that looks like a fitness tracker) is not for me or my lifestyle. I remember the first Flex, I never took that thing off and it would blend in with my bracelets. Pleeaaase bring it back. 

Droddy
Jogger

I would a screenless, streamlined device that still has HR tracking. Something that looks like a simple and sleek bracelet.

Edit: Some of my info was in the lower section of the form. Just want to see back some info.

I have two reasons I want this.

1. As other people have mentioned, I like to wear a mechanical watch.

2. I work as a carpenter and my month old Inspire HR is already pretty scratched.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Droddy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about developing a screenless device, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

markspl
Jogger

I'm also looking for a screenless and slim fitness tracker with HR. I'm using a watch daily on my left hand, and because of this I would use a tracker on my right hand; I would not need another screen and it needs to be a slim model (looks more like a wrist band/"bracelet")

Kfalc
First Steps

I would like to have a device that is not a watch, but just a band with a device so I can wear a regular watch on one arm and this device on the other (or same whatever). I hate to compare to competitors, or other companies, but something like the device whoop offers is what I am looking for, but continue to use it with the fitbit app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kfalc, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a new Fitbit device available without a display that syncs your data to the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Taylor_W
First Steps

Yes!!! They used to have several versions without display, but now they are all discontinued. I would gladly pay just as much for the discontinued Flex 2 as I would for one of their current models that I have no interest in buying.

I wear analog watches and jewelry on my arm and I don't care for smart watches.... I have my phone for that. Everything doesn't need to have a digital display and sometimes less is more! 

jessiejames180
First Steps

I am also looking for a screenless tracker. I have my normal watch that I wear daily. And do not need another screen. 

Deko1
Jogger

Google, are you listening? We’ve been telling first Fitbit and now you about a missing device in your lineup. There is demand for a screenless tracker, like the Flex.

Please make one that is stylish, simple and slim...no screen. Unisex or 2 sizes. I personally like the lights, too. The new Luxe is good but still too much for someone who wears a watch and other bracelets or someone who works with their hands and might damage the screen. Make it, we’ll buy it.

NewChannel
First Steps
I very rarely look at my Fitbit screen. I actually have a very expensive watch which I wear on one wrist, and a Charge 4 on the other wrist. Looks a bit weird and unnecessary. I was looking at the Oura Ring. No display but high functionality. What I would love from Fitbit is a fitness band or bracelet, with no display, Smartphone readout only.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NewChannel, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Fitbit device without a display to track your data with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

NewChannel
First Steps

Fully agreed.  And the band could be constructed from carbon fibre, rubber, or some other interesting material.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kfalcthanks for sharing this suggestion about making a new Fitbit device without display with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Freak35
First Steps

I am very much in favour of this as well! I used to wear my Flex2 on a daily basis (until it died on me last week with no similar alternatives from fitbit) because of the ease to wear it with my accessories and watches. I do not need a tracker that mimics a smartwatch. What I need and want is a tracker with the ability to track the essential health information accurately and yet isn't bulky or an eyesore on my wrist, especially when I'm wearing a dress watch and bracelets/bangles. A tracker with NO screen is what we need.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A Fitbit that looks like a Whoop or even the Amazon Halo would be a huge win in my book. It's exactly what I want.

I am not going to give up my Apple Watch. But I'm also not going to wear a second fitness tracker on the other hand.

ajkrouse
First Steps
A lot of people prefer fitness trackers without a display and want the tracker to look like a simple, elegant wristband that you can wear in your daily life without other people even noticing you're wearing a fitness tracker. I currently wear a nice wristwatch and my Flex on the other wrist but would love an updated Flex w/out a screen to distract.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ajkrouse, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to get fitness trackers without a display. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

markydeva
First Steps

I too would love a tracker without a display. I have worn the Flex tracker and all of the Charge trackers. The Charge 4 is so impractical to use as a watch and as a mechanism for seeing my stats, since the display does not always behave the same. 

I would prefer to have a tracker that is a very streamlined band (very similar to a certain competitor's tracker - but was discontinued). I will review my stats on the Fitbit app (which I like) on my smartphone. 

I like how the battery technology has improved by the way. I only need to charge my Charge about once a week.

If there had to be a small display, like on the Flex, for example, I would like it to be easily set to show one reading. Heart rate, steps or time. 

RamJ
First Steps

+1
I would like a waterproof Fitbit with HRM which looks like a bracelet without a screen. 

sorin7486
First Steps

I would love a fitbit without a display that looks more like a bracelet. I want to wear a mechanical watch as well sometimes and it's rather strange to wear two  watches at the same time.

ionutRa
First Steps
I like my simple quartz watches and I want to wear them. I used to have a Flex that i wore until it's battery was depleted. Then I bought a Charge 4. I never liked that I can't use my wratch anymore. Now I lost the charger, and I started wearing my watch, and I am thinking about giving up my tracker for good. Any plan to remake the Flex series?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ionutRa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use a band without display. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Luxe whiteout a screen with GPS and longer battery life and Bring Back Fitbit Flex.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Deko1
Jogger

When will you bring out a new flex? With no face, just a simple band.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.