Make phone calls on the Sense series

I had a fitbit blaze, i loved it, had for a couple of years then my husband bought me galaxy watch, it needs charging everyday, sposed to be every 4 but the point of this is that my fitbit blaze is still going strong as I passed it on to my daughter and she loves it also, the only reason I changed was the facility to answer the phone on the watc

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

59 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Budda39c. Thanks for sharing those ideas with the Fitbit Community. We wanted to let you know that you're able to accept or reject calls on the Fitbit Sense. For more information about how the notifications work, check this help article.

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

bobby2478
Tempo Runner

While the new update allows you to answer calls, it doesn't allow you to place/make outbound calls using Google Assistant or Alexa. It would be nice to allow you to make an outbound call using your voice and Google Assistant or Alexa.

So is this feature suggestion to enhance the Google Assistant/Alexa integration to allow you to make outbound calls using your voice on the Sense? If so then that's what I want, and it should be a relatively simple thing I'd hope. Answering calls is convenient, but placing outbound calls would be just as convenient or more convenient depending on whether you receive or make more calls.

Budda39c
Jogger
I think a feature on the sense using the Bluetooth would be better as not
everyone has a Google assistant or Alexa available on their phone,
personally my phone is not used for either (I know it has Google assistant
capability i just dont use it) but to be able to at least answer a call
would be some improvement
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fitbit Sense with 5.1 update should have Audible reply on Sense from Google Assistant! Not just text reply! Also when using Google assistant to make a call from Sense should be able to continue call on sense vice having to switch to Phone to talk to person you called! Same with Texting! Anything can start on Sense should be able to continue!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see make phone calls on the Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Mercuso
Recovery Runner
We already have the option to answer calls. But it would be great if we also had the option of making calls from the smartwatch, that it had access to our mobile contacts and perhaps through Alexa or the Google Assistant to be able to make calls without using the phone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mercuso, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to make calls directly from Fitbit Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Aqharider79
First Steps
I want to be able to make calls from my sense
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aqharider79, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to make phone calls on Fitbit Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Aqharider79
First Steps
Do you know a time frame for the update?
westsidekilla1
Strider
Add the ability to both make and take calls from the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @westsidekilla1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to make phone calls on the Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

kaylalatham72
Jogger
Making calls on Fitbit sense
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kaylalatham72, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to make calls on Fitbit Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

kaylalatham72
Jogger

Ok so will it eventually be able to make call and if yes will I have to buy a new watch or would be able to just update to be able to make calls

Gracekarina73
Jogger

Please add the capability to make calls using Bluetooth.  I love my Fitbit and have had one since it was just a simple bracelet, but for medical reasons I now need something that can make calls in an emergency and I really don’t want to switch to an Apple Watch.

scoylesays
First Steps

I would also like the feature enabled to allow access to your contacts stored on your phone and be able to make outgoing calls to them and or text message them through standard text message or messenger from facebook. I use messenger a lot more since there's more features and emoticons there. 

scoylesays
First Steps

Also, I wanted to ask if this feature for outgoing calls can be included in a software update to the watch? 

BonsaiPlant
First Steps
Whatsapp notifications are allowed but sense doesn't get call notification.
I would like to see those and if possible make calls from my watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BonsaiPlant, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to make calls from your Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

If you're having issues with your call notifications take a look of this thread. Or you can post your questions here: Fitbit Sense Board.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Dany_yor
First Steps

Add the ability to both make and take calls from the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3.

kaylalatham72
Jogger
How do I do that?
mocitygirl77
Jogger

Would love the ability to make phone calls from the sense

kaylalatham72
Jogger

Me 2

I would love to

lawncare0313
First Steps

What are you'll waiting on I have had my watch since October and never would have gotten it if I knew you couldn't call out or even full blown text from it. I had to switch from iPhone to android to enjoy the better features and still it hasn't been updated urghhhhh

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.