Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't receive WhatsApp call notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

Whatsapp call do not notify on sense. all other notifications are working including normal call and whatsapp message. 

Only WhatsApp calls aren't. Is this an issue with the sense?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

No. It's because WhatsApp calls do not show in the notification centre I believe. Fitbit can display only what it sees in the notification bar on your phone. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do normal calls notify then , can the call application be changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's because WhatsApp call displays as a banner. Unless that can be changed, I'm afraid not much can be done. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks...I am stuck with this problem. As I use whatsapp calls mostly . Earlier versa models were able to notify whatsapp calls! My partner has it. Why sense doesn't !

Best Answer

@Paromita I'm on Pixel 5, tested it and it doesn't work for me. What phone OS are you on and your partner? Perhaps it's matter of OS.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

WhatsApp worked on my Versa.  Why not on the Sense?

Best Answer

@Allaregone2day  in the past (when you had Versa I'm assuming) WhatsApp call notification was displayed similarly to regular calls. now it's just a banner. At least on Android. If you still have Versa you can check if it still works as before.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

He has the same os , Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

He is still using versa and his phone is Android. He gets whatsapp call notification . So is it really because of the banner thing ...I doubt?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new sense doesn't notify for whatsapp calls. Wonder why has the feature been removed since we are using it so much these days. All other notifications work except for calls in whatsapp. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Marrrmaduke , thank you for your help and the information shared. 

Hello @Paromita @Allaregone2day , thank you for informing us about the situation with the WhatssApp calls. 

As our friend, Marrrmaduke already explained, the new way how WhatssApp notifies about a call, is with a banner on the phone, this is recognize by the Sense as a notification, not a call and the Versa does not. 

The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. I'll suggest you to leave your question as a suggestion to be implemented on the Sense. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Sense is not notifying me of whatsapp calls. It used to happen on Versa. Please bring back this feature for Sense.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Paromita. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's odd that the WhatsApp call notifications aren't working and just to confirm, may I know the model and OS/software version of your phone? Also, is the Fitbit app updated?

In the meantime, let's give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force stop the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Sense > and set up the notifications one more time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paromita yeah. It's the banner. Also if the notifications are displayed by WhatsApp differently on different stock android versions then on one phone it may work on another it won't. I'm running the most recent version of Android and calls won't come thru due to the banner thing.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, The Android version is 10 and Fitbit is updated. Ive tried the steps before that you have suggested here since I connected with support on chat as well. But it is not working. There is no setting that I've not tried changing to make this work but in vain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not clear what it means by banner notification. Because when screen is locked and whatsapp call comes , it flashes on the whole screen like a normal call does . Not just in the top banner area. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20201222-084744.jpg

Like this

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paromita whatta cute pic! 😊 I tested again and I have a banner ie pop-up. I see the icon in notification bar but am not getting vibration on Fitbit.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Paromita. I hope you're doing well. @Marrrmaduke, thanks for your great help!

@Paromita, thanks for your efforts and for sharing more details about this situation. I've moved your posts to this thread so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community, and to keep our forums organized. As it was mentioned above, you'll need to receive a banner on your phone in order to receive a WhatsApp call notification on your Sense. Because you're not receiving the said banner, please verify the following:

1. Go to your phone's settings and tap Apps.
  2. Look for WhatsApp > Notifications. > Call Notifications.
  3. Make sure the Banners option is turned on.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and sync your Sense.
  5. Try receiving a WhatsApp call. You should see the banner on the top of your phone and the notification of the call on the Sense.

Please note that you can accept the call on your watch, however you'll need to speak on your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes