Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't receive WhatsApp call notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

Whatsapp call do not notify on sense. all other notifications are working including normal call and whatsapp message. 

Only WhatsApp calls aren't. Is this an issue with the sense?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I have the same issue and it isn't resolved. In step 5 I see the banner, but no notfication of the call on the Sense. All other notifications work though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HermanusG. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining this thread and trying the suggestions posted before. While that is odd, may I know if the Fitbit app is updated? What is the model of your phone? Because your post didn't mention, please give a try to the other troubleshooting tips shared in my post and leave the Fitbit app running in the background. Make sure you're not on the WhatsApp screen when receiving the call, that way you'll receive the banner on your phone and the notification on your watch.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I just got a new sense and have the same issue. My sense is fully updated and I have a Samsung s8 fully updated.

When I go into the WhatsApp notification as above I cannot see the option to get a call banner. Just to set the ring tone

Best Answer

Hi @CiaraC88. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense and for your efforts while working on this. Let me clarify that the banner is the pop-up that appears every time you receive a notification on your phone, which should go through your watch. If the issue persists even after trying the suggestions shared in this thread, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can investigate on their end and provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Hi, just finished setting up my brand new Versa 3 and I have the same problem others have described with WhatsApp calls, every other notification works except WhatsApp calls..I have checked my phone's WhatsApp call settings and there isn't a banner option. Is there a way around this? I would atleast like to be notified of WhatsApp calls even if I can't take them from the wrist. WhatsApp calling is more commonplace than normal calling now a days and it's imperative that it's supported.

------------------------------------------

Hi @Paromita - was this whatsapp call notification issue ever resolved for you? I chose the fitbit over the fossil gen 5e which was even cheaper and pretty bummed that a simple feature as whatsapp call notification doesnt work!

Best Answer

Hi @ShankhaNewbie. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the detailed information provided, as well as troubleshooting your watch prior to posting. Just to confirm, when getting a WhatsApp call, do you see a pop-up notification on your phone? If you do, that will be the banner other members have seen. Please note that every notification received on your phone should go through your watch as long as the notifications are turned on.

If this isn't the case, may I know if you've tried the troubleshooting tips shared in my previous post? Also, what is the model and OS/software version of your phone? These details will help me to further investigate on my end.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit I have a fit-bit sense and a Oneplus 7 pro with Android Version 11 

I see the below when i try to turn on notification on android.  

Popup notification

Not available

If i click on the popup notification - i get the error Message - "Popup notification are no longer available in your version of android "

Also, i have the same issue with skype calls, i dont get both skype or Whatsapp calls

Any suggestion that will help sort the issue will be great

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Neethuchandra Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and for the detailed information. As mentioned before, any pop-up notification that is received by your phone should go through your watch. However, it seems there is an issue with the operating system version not allowing your phone to enable pop-up notifications. I'd recommend contacting your phone's manufacturer to receive further details and help about this matter.

Once your phone is able to receive pop-up notifications from either WhatsApp or Skype, please try the troubleshooting tips shared before to receive your notifications on your Sense. Additionally, swipe right from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings and make sure the DND and Sleep Mode are turned off.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your watch issue resolve??i also purchased new sense fitbit watch ..I am not getting watsapp call notification

Best Answer

Hi @priyanka.gupta2. Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry your Sense is having the same behavior, and thanks for the details. Because your post didn't mention, may I know the model and OS version of your phone? Do you have issues with other type of notifications? Also, were you able to enable the pop-up notifications option for WhatsApp?

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting tips shared in my previous post, then try receiving a call from WhatsApp on your phone to test your Sense.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just purchased a Sense and having the same issue.

Notifications come through fine.

However phone calls from whatsapp or Facebook messenger not showing up on watch.

Everything is up to date. I have also tried the troubleshooting tips.

I do get the banner coming up on my phone when someone rings. However nothing on the watch.

It's not on DND or Sleep either.

My phone is

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Android version 10

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

Best Answer

Nope. Had the same issue since i bought my Versa 3 a year or two ago now. You'll also get a generic response from the support team which will blame your phone when clearly that's not the issue. Newer versions of Android clearly just treat WhatsApp call notifications differently than older versions. I've just accepted it'll never work. Constantly miss calls on WhatsApp. It's infuriating. 

Best Answer

Hello. Just bought today Sence and have the same problem. But I don't have any notification from my phone when somebody calling me from what's app, Viber, Messenger, etc. I have Samsung Fold 3. If it will not work I am going to give it back.... 

Best Answer

I am a versa 3 user from Thailand. We mostly use Line App call here. when I use the versa 3 with Samsung s21, I face the same problem with the Line Call. But when i use it with my Iphone, it works well, I can get Line call notification on my watch. That's weirdddd. So maybe it is because of the different os of the phone. I'm not sure. I'd like to use samsung phone Line Call notification doesn't work on versa3.

Fitbit, please solve this problem, because people mostly use calls from app nowadays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my versa 3 which I bought yesterday. Fitbit support please help! This is a deal breaker

Best Answer
0 Votes