Make “premium” features free

Dear Fitbit, 

Until recently I have been very impressed with the caliber of Fitbit products. That was until you started providing features that consumers have to pay extra for. When I spent AU$270 on my Fitbit Charge 3, I did not expect to have to pay an extra $80 per year to utilise its features. This is a view that seems to be reflected widely in the Fitbit community. 

My suggestion is that Fitbit stop charging its loyal consumers for features that ought to be included in the purchase of the Fitbit device. The purchase price of a Fitbit device ought to include all features present and promised within the device. For example, if and when Fitbit finally releases the SPO2 feature it promised when we purchased the Fitbit charge 3, I expect that to be a feature that I can use without additional payment. 

I look forward to hearing your feedback on this proposal.

108 Comments
klrichards
Base Runner
I would like Fitbit/Google to make Premium Membership FREE.
This is due to the amount of data, personal, fitness, wellbeing etc that is being collected.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @klrichards, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making “Fitbit Premium” a free feature. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

abdallah
Jogger
i like the sense smartwatch so much that i think i will use it for many many years which will cost me $120 per year for the premium subscription.I already payed $300 to purchase the sense.
so it will add up.
considering the competition like hawei /garmin etc.. they dont have this subscription thing and they include many features found in the sense
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @abdallah, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making 'Premium' features free. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Hecti
Keeping Pace
It is very unfair to have to pay to see our own data. And even more when the rest of the competition brands do not and the additional material as training is of very poor quality and 99% are available in a single language.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hecti, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing Fitbit Premium, as you would like to see all your data without additional charge. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Please take into account that you can download your complete Fitbit data at any time. Note that the data is raw data without further analysis. For more information, see How do I export my Fitbit account data?

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

raw428
First Steps
All app/watch features for free. I currently have a Garmin, would like to get Google Fitbit but I currently get everything free with Garmin, if I switch I would have to pay for Fitbit premium to get the same. I'm not going to do that, you're losing custom by charging for sleep breakdown etc.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @raw428, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about providing Fitbit Premium features for free with us. This idea already exists in the Feature Suggestions board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.