Map Feature & Navigation Instructions eg Google maps

It would be great if it would be possible to get navigation instructions on the smartwatch. Maybe as a notification from the Google Maps App.

156 Comments
Patrick421
Base Runner
Right now, and as a practical example, the Fitbit sense 2 has many missing features, like controlling music from your phone, Google Pay, Integration with google map, etc... missing, and it would be clearer to separate missing features from truly new features required.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @Patrick421. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We appreciate your feedback. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

FreeGUY
Jogger

This will be a good one, much more lighter without phones, i think it will also help tracking back history activity such as route 

Halfie
First Steps

I’m super confused about whether google maps functionality does or does not exist?? I have a versa 4, and an iPhone. I have the google maps app installed on my Fitbit, but when I tap “set up” it takes me to a web page with a 404 error code. So, does the google maps app work only for android users but not for iOS?? If that is the unfortunate case, can we please get google maps to be usable on the Fitbit versa 4 when paired with an iPhone? Please??? That’s one of the top reasons I got this wearable, for navigating while riding my bike. So frustrating! Do I have to go buy an Apple Watch?

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this product feedback. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our Sense 2 and Versa 4. You can find more details here: How do I use Google Maps on my Fitbit device?

@Jakob_Freitag, in recognition of your excellent product feedback, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Halfie
First Steps
Very cool that this feature has been addressed, finally!! Only, I'm still
getting the same 404 error code when I attempt to set up google maps
navigation using my iphone's fitbit app. I've tried restarting both my
fitbit and the app, no dice. Any advice from someone on the fitbit team as
to how I can get this supposedly new functionality to actually function? I
use a fitbit versa 4 and an iphone 12 mini running ios 16.6
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.