Menstrual Health Tracking - Add Conditions for Cravings

Two additional conditions that should be added to the Female Health Tracking Details Log are Cravings and Emotional Sensitivity - two common pre-menstrual symptoms for women. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

26 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lolapop7! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Please add your vote to those existing suggestions. You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

About a week or two my period, I sometimes get awful cravings for sweet and salty things. It would be neat to be able to track this so I can notice any patterns and perhaps change my diet around these days so see if that would help minimize the cravings. 

smytty96
First Steps

Are any of these symptom tracker sections updated?  Seems like all the comments/ votes are from mid-2018 - yet the symptom still does not exist in the app.

thrisno1likeme
First Steps

This sounds really great!

TinkerSD
First Steps

Please can you add sweet cravings to female health symptoms? As my periods become intermittent the sweet cravings are my best indication it's on it's way!! Thanks for all the other amazing features. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TinkerSDthanks for your request about adding sweet cravings to female health symptoms.

This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to maintain this board organized.

dominoshka
First Steps

It'd be great if the salty and / or sweet cravings would be added to the symptoms as it's a huge part of PMS for lots of women 🙂

ryn84
First Steps

Just a suggestion: it would be great to have one of the things you can track for you period be cravings and/or hunger level. 🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ryn84! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

bascal133
First Steps

Agreed this needs to be added!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lolapop7 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

SteffiGooglie
First Steps

Omg yes. After bloating, cravings are my most common symptom. Mine are usually for protein though - red meat, cheese and eggs especially, and instant ramen. Combine that with increased appetite and I just become this ravenous monster. 

Also does anybody else find they don’t get as thirsty around their period? I imagine it’s because I’m bloating and just a big wobbly water balloon of a human being around my period. Once Aunt Flo actually turns up I can’t stop peeing. 

Silverrose29
First Steps
I love being able to track specific symptoms relating to my menstrual cycle but need more options of symptoms! More hungry than normal would be a great one to add and would help women recognise when that feeling may come up and how best to deal with it
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Silverrose29, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to add more appetite to menstrual cycle symptoms, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

RoHamChi
First Steps

Yes, please add appetite tracking to menstrual cycle symptoms. This would be so incredibly helpful for weight management.

Lojo_38
First Steps

Definitely like to see cravings listed as symptom please 🙏 would help with patterns and making sure got healthier options available at home for these times to help with weight management! 

Kels13
First Steps
Include a notes section. Also include more symptoms, like Cravings, or the ability to add own.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kels13, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

hungry4cheese
First Steps

Adding Cravings would be great! I hope Fitbit moves this one through quickly. The benefit of understanding one's diet and when those craving struggles occur is essential to losing weight and/or having a healthy lifestyle. 

scsmith4
First Steps
I have an IUS so I get very light periods, if any at all. But I still get cravings and occasionally PMT, and occasionally migraines around what would be my period. I can register headaches in the app, but not irritability or my number one predictor (wanting to eat All The Carbs). It'd help me keep track of what's happening to my cycle.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @scsmith4, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including cravings as a symptom in the Menstrual Health Tracking tile with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MGionet
First Steps
We need to be able to track days pre-cycle that we’re experiencing food cravings. These are good warning signs that our cycle is about to start.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MGionetthanks for sharing this suggestion about adding cravings to the Menstrual Health Tracking tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MGionet
First Steps

Yes for cravings. I have PCOS so my cycles are all over the place. Cravings are one of my pre-cycle symptoms so I’d like to be able to track that.

bw89
First Steps
Under symptoms there should be “salty cravings” and “sweet cravings”
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.