Menstrual Health Tracking - Add personalized conditions or symptoms to cycle

Uses need the ability to add 1 or 2 personalized conditions for their own cycle. This way, the app isn’t cluttered with every condition or symptom out there, but an individual has what she needs. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

49 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. This would be helpful to have a personal experience with the Female Health Tracker. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Lettie131
Recovery Runner

I was about to add this very issue myself. I emailed to request the ability to add my personal symptoms, and the response was that I should post my thoughts on it here?!

McParis
First Steps
Great minds....!
--

*Sherilyn Paris*

If you would like to support the Paris-Cardona Children, go to
gofundme.com/7rccn7u4Vous n'êtes pas encore arrivés mais vous êtes plus
proche qu'hier.
McParis
First Steps

*Uses = Users. 

ShutUpKath3rin3
First Steps

I agree with this - you should be able to add customized symptoms. I always find "sick" to be very vague. But I would like to be able to add some of the grizzly details that are not options. Additionally, it would he nice to be able to add colour of the fluid.

amandace331
First Steps

I agree. I sent an email request to add “mood” for pms and pmdd sufferers and was told to post it here. I hope they take the suggestion to heart ASAP. 

Alexcrisp
First Steps

I would like to add my voice to this issue as well. I would like to add some personalized conditions as well. Good timing and suggestions!

Thanks, Alex Crisp, Ph.D.

Historyfrog
Recovery Runner

Or just make it completely customizable with no limit on symptoms would be better. I'm sure I'm not the only woman to experience this, there are some cycles that in one day I can have 5 or more symptoms. 

LauraR.
Recovery Runner

I vote for adding the ability to add personalized notes.

Rebste
First Steps

Yes this would be great. I would love to track night sweats and constipation and diarrhea and painful poops and extra crying and stomach upset and cramps and ovarian cyst pain and back pain and more but I bet lots of others have different symptoms. Definitely need to add more symptoms overall but some that we can choose would be awesome. 

chutch74
Jogger

I would certainly like to see personlised symptoms - or the ability to add notes to particular days - e.g. cramps as a symptom is fine, but cramps vary in intensity even for individuals - they can be be so bad you feel like throwing up and can’t get any respite, so bad they are in your back, your stomach, and go down into the thighs too. So please - add the ability to add our own notes

ttcking
Stepping Up

Yes please

CSherry
Jogger

I think a really useful feature for women's health would be to add in our own customisable symptoms e.g for me I get mouth ulcers in the days before my period, so it might help us to work out certain signs of an upcoming period/ ovulation. This would be particularly helpful for women who don't have regular periods.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CSherry, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

theredcoquette
First Steps

Would be great to "create custom"  (similar to create new custom food) for the period symptoms, as I am sure all women have random symptoms pop up they'd like to track.  Was surprised to not see "hunger" on there, or "less appetite".  Things like that.  Thanks! 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @theredcoquette, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Female Health App symptoms with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

ayhendrix
First Steps

On a related note, it would be helpful to have a simple text box for a quick note about symptoms.

Ames27
Jogger

I think we should be able to add our own period details in the app.  Having the suggestions that are already provided are great but I’d like an option to add my own details and save them so I can use them for future data inputs. Eg. I sometimes experience symptoms that aren’t listed in the period tracking tab. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ames27Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to add your own details in the Female Health Tracking app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @McParis and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

McParis
First Steps
How very exciting! I understand that change takes time. I look forward to
this change in the future.
--

*Sherilyn Paris*

If you would like to support the Paris-Cardona Children, go to
gofundme.com/7rccn7u4Vous n'êtes pas encore arrivés mais vous êtes plus
proche qu'hier.
boerse10
First Steps
Add "nauseated" under the list of accompanied symptoms users may experience during menstruation.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @boerse10, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add personalized conditions or symptoms to cycle. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

denali_15
First Steps
I'd love the ability to create my own tags for symptoms / add my own notes on the womens health tracker. The ability to search by symptom/tag would also be useful in tracking patterns.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @denali_15, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add personalized conditions or symptoms on Female Health tile. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.