Merge data from one Fitbit account to another one

I originally had a Blaze on an old email address with a couple of years of data.

In 2018 I have bought an Inspire HR and I use my email address.

I was wondering if support could please add my old fitbit account data to my current account please? If so, I can private message the old account email...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

14 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Kennilp
First Steps

So I have an old account from a couple years ago, and I was active for about a year, I achieved a lot including 40 000 steps in a day, and reaching my step goal (10 000 steps) for 86 days in a row, but I lost the password, and I wasn't till recently when I remembered, I don't want to delete my old one, nor my current one, and they don't overlap, and even if they do for other users if this feature was added, they would take the account that was closer to achieve their goal that day in each category. I'm positive I'm not the only one with this issue, and to make this work there would would have to be different steps for this, such as both accounts accept the merge and etc. but I really think this could work.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kennilp. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have the option to merge two Fitbit accounts. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Scuter
Jogger
I apparently have 2 emails attached to my Fitbit. Same profile information but two different emails. I would love to merge them together with one email so all my older achievements and length of being a Fitbit user is accurate
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Scuter, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to merge two Fitbit accounts into a single one with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

supsmiley
First Steps
Allow users to merge accounts
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @supsmiley, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about having the option to merge accounts. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

MissCub
First Steps
I recently purchased a new fitbit and when I did that it created a new fitbit account with my new email address. I was able to export my old fitbit account data but there is no way for me to import this data into my new account. What's the point of exporting If I can't do anything with that data.
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @MissCub when getting a new device and wanting to add to the stats, it's best to set up using an existing account. You can always change the email address on your account, but you can never add two accounts to get the history together. You still have the first account and access to that email address? If so, why not set up the new Fitbit on that account (new device, existing account) and then change the email address to use the new address?

JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

If you would use the same email address you used before, i.e. the same fitbit account, all your data would still be there.  No need for a new account/email with a new fitbit.

MissCub
First Steps

When I purchased the fitbit I didn't realize it would create a new account with my other email. Plus I received fitbit premium with it which is now active on the newer account. If I delete that account I lose 6 months of premium. If I could just import my data from my old account there wouldn't be any problem.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MissCub, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to merge your data from one Fitbit account to another one with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

JennyG198924
First Steps
There is currently no way to transfer data from one email account to another. If you lose access to your email account that is associated with your account you lose all of your data. This is a problem for people who had a verizon.net email account which quite literally ended and deleted access to all verizon.net emails.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JennyG198924, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to transfer the data of your old account into a new one with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.