Microphone integration & Voice Commands (Alexa, Siri etc)

Use case scenarios. Microphone will enable voice activation of commands for notifying user of sensor information via speech response. Microphone will enable voice recording for later upload to Fitbit app and this your Fitbit account for recording things like additions to food and or water consumption. Weight recording as well for those who don't have the aria scale.  This may require Siri like AI do know what the user is actually trying to indicate.  Thank you. Other use case scenarios welcomed. Please vote for suggestion. 

Moderator edit: label & title

60 Comments
MOWA
Jogger

Most watches have an option for an hourly reminder and some offer a second reminder option for every 30 minutes, usually a single beep or chime.  I am making a suggestion for something similar on all fitbit devices.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

GreysAnatomy
First Steps

This would be a good thing to implement so that you could choose to have that as a hourly movement reminder rather than the last 10 minutes.

Ajatashatru
First Steps

I would be nice to have a beep sound 15 mins prior as a hourly movement reminder and vibration 10 mins prior as sometimes the vibration is very feeble to feel.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

A Fitbit tracker does not have a speaker to make a beep dound. 

Seyden6
Jogger

Maybe for ionic some thing like Siri or Google assistant 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Seyden6! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Matome.goye
First Steps

Hi team, lack of voice dictation and response to messages in #iconic is not iconic. I have pebble2 Im very happy with it and imagined #iconic would be an upgrade but it lacks basic life style features. I should not have to pull out my phone to respond to messages, that's a basic fail, in practice I can be walking, climbing etc. If this is sorted ill consider another watch

Moderator Edit: Updated Title for Clarity

ahmadalmuti
Recovery Runner

Add something like Siri. Every other watch has it. You can have it when you hold the button instead of the notifications thing.

Moderator edit: format. 

SteveH
Community Legend

Think it might need a microphone for that. Perhaps a future fitbit model will have one.

ahmadalmuti
Recovery Runner

you could just type on the screen

Truefreedom
Base Runner

Vote for microphone and speech recognition and recorded speech snippet and Siri like processing. Search microphone and vote for it.  Do this via 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Microphone-array-integration-into-Fitbit-models/...

Truefreedom
Base Runner

,what am I missing.... No votes????   Is there a identically meaningful recommendation as this. If so please post link so I may vote.    Perhaps I should have suggested cartoon icons for avatar and it would probably get more STUPID votes . LOL. I might as well delete my own suggestion 

acanthyte
First Steps

For me the main features of a smartwatch are 

1. fitness tracking - including nutrition, weight, water, sleep

2. sms and email notifications

3. voice to text replies to sms/email/ghangouts/whatsapp

Please make a Fitbit product with all 3, especially #3, so I can stay with you guys, otherwise competing products are calling my name!

thank you!

GuiParreira
Base Runner

Google assistant could accept commands like "Ok, Google. Add 500 ml of water to Fitbit."

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

bnew70
First Steps

Future interaction with message interactions on watch could be the ability to reply to a message via voice control? 

Kitezh47
Jogger

@Rich_Laue 

If you want speakers on future Fitbit devices, upvote this feature request: Add Speakers to Future Fitbit Device

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Kitezh47 I have no desire to have a speaker or mikeMon a Fitbit tracker. It adds to much unneeded tyatwontthabe used bulk. Completely uneccassary. 

GuiParreira
Base Runner
Me too.
Kitezh47
Jogger

@Rich_Laue
@GuiParreira

@MOWA
@Ajatashatru

@acanthyte

@GreysAnatomy

@Seyden6

@Matome.goye

@ahmadalmuti

@SteveH

I've clarified in the thread that I meant not a loudspeaker, which would be bulky indeed, but a tiny speaker for audio notifications to make this kind of sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3scxptAX-CM

Vote for speakers in future Fitbit devices

GuiParreira
Base Runner

Got it. But the vibration do not fulfill it?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I barely see room for one Microphone let alone multiple microphones as the subject requests. 

But then again the thread seems to have been hijacked to wanting multiple speakers. I'm not sure why more than one would be needed. 

We also have the request to add the ability to answer incoming calls through the Ionic and Versa. This would require both a speaker and mic .

Calling on Ionic/Versa 

My problem with this option is that if not using a BT headphone the conversation can not be private .

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.