Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health Integration

I love the workout tracking and community features of the Fitbit iOS app. I own a Microsoft Band, and it'd really improve my experience to see the data from my band pulled into the Fitbit app along with my other Fitbit data. Then steps I take and workouts I complete without my phone will still go to my Fitbit profile.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

55 Comments
PureEvil
10K Racer

As an interesting point of comparison, Microsoft Health, like Fitbit, is multiplatform.  As far as I know:

Apple HealtKit: Only supported on Apple devices.

Google Fit: Only supported on Android devices.

Microsoft Health: Supported on Windows, Apple, and Android devices.

If I were to select another platform to store my health information, it would be one that wouldn't anchor me to buying only their products.

TobiasF
Strider

would be great in case you could update the MS Healthvault automatic export fucntion as well with functionality to export the Resting Heart rate into Healtvault, they have an data type for it under the AerobicProfile called "RestingHeartRate"

br

TObias.

mfosa
Jogger

It would great to see Fitbit and Microsoft work together towards liberalizing health data to allow better interop between platforms. Would love to see Aria data get synced into MS Health dashboard and at the same time allow the numerous sensor data from MS Band to help improve data collection within the Fitbit dashboard, for example the Galvanic Skin Response could help provide data relating to daily water consumption/requirement

CPnextdoor
First Steps

I as well would like to see this integrated.

The new windows phone 10 app is awesome, however my whole office is competting using the charge which it makes it more difficult to crush them on my microsoft band 😛

Please add!

greggerca
First Steps
That way we could participate in challenges with our friends!
dcpaint
First Steps
I would like to see syncing between the new Microsoft Band 2 and the Fitbit app. Since Fitbit is not making money on the hardware purchase, I would pay for the special Fitbit app.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Sorrnot thanks for stopping by and sharing your ideas with us! I think this could be a great addition to our integrations. 

If you have any other idea, don't hesitate in visiting our Feature Request board again. 

Catch you later! Woman Wink

jvaudio
Jogger

I would really like this as well.  Currently, I wear both my Fitbit and my Microsoft Band, but this is something that I want to stop doing.  The Fitbit software and community are amazing and I don't want to leave it behind.  Microsoft's software is passable, but they are missing the social aspects and the motivational aspects that Fitbit excels at.

I love the Microsoft Band hardware and would love to use Fitbit software with the data.  I haven't had very good luck with Fitbit hardware (I'm on my 5th device - and two coworkers have just purchased thier 2nd and 3rd devices respectively).  The software and community are so good however, that I couldn't help but keep coming back.

Please consider this integration.

Ronmel
First Steps

Me Too.  The MS Band works much better with my windows phone than any Fitbit device, but the Fitbit app is much better and I just think the combination of the two would be great.

In addition to this, I now have one years’ worth of data on Fitbit collected through my Charge HR it would be a real shame to lose this because of opposition to rivalry. I would pay a premium for this?

Mloxton
Jogger

This would be a great data element to have in HealthVault, and should not be too difficult to map and transfer.

CrazyPhish
Recovery Runner

Yeah, I was noticing this too, it doesn't even sync what meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) the food was logged to. It also doesn't sync exercises or activities, just the end of the day step and calories burned counts.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My wife has a microsoft band and it would be great if there was some way we could sync it with her account so that our family can compare them selves and challenge each other

sirgader
Jogger

I definitely back the idea! It is a must. Since Fitbit can sync with MyFitnessPal why can't it be same with HealthVault.

Ryanb58
First Steps

Agreed, this needs to be a thing, I would be willing to pay up to say 3 to 5$ a month for this ability... 

friktion44
Jogger

Dear FitBit Admin:

Have you any plans to be accessible with Telus HealthSpace in Canada?  We cannot join MS HealthVault (unless we forge an American account) in Canada, but the same MS HealthVault runs Telus.

PLEASE please consider this - I cannot become "friends" or track with anyone else without this ...

Thank you - Susan

runner02
First Steps

Would love to see these integrated. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A sensible suggestion that could indeed bring over new users. Seeing that the app was discontinued though, applying any changes to it will probably not be done, since when this happens changes are no longer applied. Also the information toe transfer would need to be made available first.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AndrewFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

As of September 12, Fitbit will no longer support the Microsoft HealthVault integration. This means that Fitbit will no longer send data to HealthVault. You’ll still have access to your previously synced data through the Fitbit dashboard. Rest assured that we’re always looking for new ways to support your health and fitness goals, and we encourage you to visit fitbit.com/partnership for other available integrations.

Craig
Distance Runner

Sorry @AndrewFitbit  there is nothing in the partnership stuff that compares to healthvault or that doctors and hospitals have the great accessto as they do with healthvault

TobiasF
Strider

simply great @AndrewFitbit! One year after original request to sync HR data to MS healthvault (that never go evalauted) you announce here (without giving any further reason) that you stop this useful feature without offering an alternative nor justifying the reason for decreasing Fitbit data exchanges, keep me wondering why I shoudl stick to Fitbit at all if you think this is not nessary to let the uiser do with thier data what they want to ...

whihathac
Jogger

Please please sync data to HealthVault!!! 

cxb0113
Stepping Up

Bring back the Microsoft HealthVault connection, I have everything in it except for FitBit information, I have a Charge HR and liked that feature. If and when I upgrade/replace the Charge HR; being able to send data to HealthVault will be a major part of my decision as to what fitness tracker I purchase.

fhanif
Jogger

I'm thinking of switching from the MSFT band to a Charge 2 and it would be great if I could import my MSFT data from the past year into the fitbit app.  Since MSFT as announced they will no longer make the band I'm sure many others will consider switching to Fitbit but perhaps not do so because they loose their data.  It would be great to be able to do a one-time import.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This!
I already have my saved data in both excel format and te cvs, but cant import it into my fitbit band.. Come on! To years of data going to waste

BLLingg
Hill Runner

PLEASE!  Restore the sync w/ Microsoft Health Vault.  It links to the American Heart Association's Heart360.  I'm 66 Years old and thanks to my FitBit, I'm getting healthier.  But I don't have time to enter the same data into multiple places!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.