Monthly and Yearly Step and Mile Goals

I would really like to be able to set more goals, for instance monthly or yearly step and mileagle goals. I know I can go look at this information in my activities information, but it would be nice to also have larger time frame goals than just the day. We can already set weight goals, so it does't seem too far fetched to be able to add it. It would be better than manually tracking it myself 🙂 Thank you!

Moderator edit: Added labels

26 Comments
RebeccaR11
First Steps

I would like to request this feature as well! It would be great if it would be available on the app.  I would like to be able to set monthly step and/or mileage goals and have the app notify me of my progress throughout the month. 

Ellix
First Steps
I would like the ability to create Custom Goals for a custom duration of time and also have the ability to invite my friends to join me.
For example Run 1000KM for the year.
mindyjoy
First Steps

I would really love this feature too. It would be nice to see this info "at a glance" in the app, verses going to the activity tab in a browser and doing the calculations. 

Willisk
Jogger

Plese can we have the abiity to set yearly goals. For example logging our miles for the 1000 mile challenge. 

Elizalynn
First Steps

This would be a great feature if you're doing a virtual race or training for a race and need to reach a certain # of miles.  I don't want to alter my standard settings as I would have to do now....

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlvaroFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Setting goals for the long term should help us stay focused on them and helps us make significant changes in our lives.

Sherriff32
Jogger

I would like to suggest this option too.

To be able to set monthly or yearly goals. 

Its nice to be able to see it in a graph what your goal is and what you have done so far to achieve this goal. You already have goal options for losing weight and how many step daily so can't  be to hard to add a yearly option. Saves me down loading another app! Thank you 

Snowyowl66
First Steps

I agree with many comments about additional goal settings but what I need is a year to date step and mileage summary in our reports. Right now I am adding each week up myself. I am near 70 and want to walk more than 700 miles this year. Thank you.

JakeBuck
Jogger

It looks like this topic hasn't been acted upon.  I believe that it would be a feature that would increase Fitbit sales leading into the new year.  I have a new years resolution to run 450 miles in 2019.  Currently there is not a way for me to track that other than using another app or spreadsheet.  This seems like an easy addition that could be added.

MissAshlee
Jogger

Yes!! A yearly goal would be awesome! It’s January 1 and I’m going for 5,000,000 steps in 2019 :D. It would be great to see progress at the year goes on. 

Eric19312
Jogger

Yes it’s New Year’s resolution time and i’d Love to set something specific like 5mil steps in 2019 and then see a graph of my progress toward the goal on the dashboard.

ChanieM
First Steps

A custom yearly goal would be nice to have. My former activityband had one but not my Versa from Fitbit, must say that I thought this was some kind of no brainer function that all the activitytracker thingys had;) Seems as I was wrong, no worries it happens a lot:)

sarahjaneh1982
First Steps

I also would love this! I have a goal to do 5,000,000 steps this year and I wish I could set it as a goal

celestialteapot
First Steps

Garmin have a function which allows you to set specific activity goals and tracks your progress (eg you want to run 20KM in a month, or cycle 1000KM in a year). 

Something like this would be very useful. 

tejasp
Base Runner

Is it possible to set a goal and see your progress towards it. Example set an yearly goal to run 500 miles and be able to measure progress? I feel like fitbit app provides a very limited view of our data. Seems like there have been very few updates to data view and goal tracking in last few years and fitbit only seems interested in making new devices

I have been using fitbit for quiet some time and like it but would switch to garmin for this very specifc reason. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tejasp ! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @celestialteapot! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Matt_J
First Steps

If you're a runner/cyclist/swimmer etc. = total miles over a time period (week/month), rather than the overall totals which include regular activity and other exercises.

You could track long term progress and achievable distance goals! Would be a relatively easy feature to add in with a lot of gain!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Matt_J, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see monthly step and mile goals. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

ChristyDoodle
Runner
Allow users to set specific monthly (by the calendar, not a rolling one) goals where you can see how many more steps you need to take before the end of the calendar month to get your goal. Or at least allow us to set a goal using our own starting/ending dates and keep track of how many steps we've done and how many left to go.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChristyDoodle, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see monthly step and mile goals. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

MunsterShane
First Steps

Would be great if this update could be done before 1st May.
Doing a 300,000 steps for the month of May challenge and would like to set the monthly goal on my fitbit app

Jaymerjo
First Steps
Why do I have to use a separate ap to see what my total running, walking or biking for the month and year? I like everything about my Fitbit AP except that I have to manually tally that info!
alporth
Jogger

Agreed! I can't even export my entire year's worth of data so I'd have to do an export of each month to figure it out? I do connect with Strava, but unfortunately Strava doesn't bring in my treadmill miles (which thankfully wasn't that many this year) and the free version of Strava doesn't give me the yearly information I'm looking for. Upvoted!

Ohio-Bob
Tempo Runner

I agree fully.  I've been using my One since 2014 and there's never been an annual rollup.  I'd like to know my annual stats - total steps, average per day, 40k days, 35k days, 30k days, etc., highest day, lowest, etc.

All I can get is lifetime stats, and even then a 30k day is also a 25k, 20k,15k,10k, and 5k day, so all the stats except my single 40k day are wrong anyway.

Fitbit was ahead back in 2014 but has fallen far behind what other apps can offer nowadays.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.