Mood and symptom diary for mental health tracking

It would be great to track mental health and wellness in a diary within the app. There could be options for moods, symptoms, emotions, appetite, and ranking the day in general from 1-10. There could also be optional reminders to check in multiple times throughout the day or just once a day. This could help so many of us struggling with mental health issues or even just stress to recognize patterns and get to know our minds and bodies better. It would build mindfulness into our schedule and help connect sleep quality, exercise, and nutrition to how it affects our wellbeing. 

36 Comments
RalphVanEtten
First Steps
It would be nice to enhance the reflections with more emotions and why you feel them. Then have the smartwatch ask them every hour or so. Over time you can create a nice chart on how you feel and get more insight in what things to avoid or do. For example something like the moodio app but then on your smartwatch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RalphVanEtten, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a mood and symptom diary for mental health tracking. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

aspenMax
First Steps
This section would include icons for: "Migraine", "Cold/Flu", "Stomach/Intestinal Upset", "Injury" and "Headache (because regular headaches are different than migraines)".
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aspenMax, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to add mood and symptom for mental health tracking. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

aspenMax
First Steps
Thank you, but this is physical health tracking, not mental health
tracking. This is tracking whether you have a cold, a migraine, a stomach
upset, an injury, or a headache.
Waterstar2016
First Steps
It would be really nice to be able to add a diary section. Doesn’t have to be large. But it would be nice to put in notes or even how you’re feeling and be able to track the mood.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Waterstar2016, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to track daily mood. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Takesi
Stepping Up
When logging a stress score in the ‘how are you feeling’ section, be able to write 100 characters to sun up the reason for the stress/ calm.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Takesi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding notes on Stress & Mental Health to log your feelings and other details. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsClick on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Elnr
First Steps

I think even a simplistic symptom tracker, ie. sinus problems, hives, stomach upset, etc. would be an improvement. For me, I am currently trying to see which foods cause which symptoms for me. So this makes fitbits food journal feature a waste of my time. Because I have to document Both food & symptoms in order to draw correlations, so since I currently am having to record these things in a paper journal, it's an expense of time I'm not feeling much like bothering with to also document the food here.  I read online about some sort of covid symptom tracker fitbit was doing but I don't see it in the app anywhere.  

ToyinA
Jogger

The opening post and many of the suggestions that follow (eg. mood check ins and outs at key points of the day and mini-journaling in 100 char) are excellent. I came to suggest that I would also like to be able to personalise the mood responses, which we have to select from when then Sense 2 detects a stress response. Sometimes the available words to convey how I am feeling are not appropriate, so I chose not to select from what is offered. It would be great if we could customise this aspect of the Sense 2's functionality so it could also take a guesstimate of where we may be, stress-wise, based on previous responses. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.