More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
carll
Recovery Runner

Yes please add a percentage battery indicator.

Carl.

zenator
First Steps

It is really annoying that I have to either plug in my HR or log in and sync to see the battery level.  Please, please add this as an option when cycling thru the options on the Fitbit.  It would save on time and make me a happier customer.

patti8555
Recovery Runner
My iPhone is 5 and there is me battery widge
patti8555
Recovery Runner
My iPhone is 5 and there is no battery widge
Tessie004
Jogger

This is a great idea! Especially when I don't receive low battery notifications even though I have All Day Sync turned on. I use my Charge for my alarm clock and have woken up late several times because the battery dies over night. I would absolutely love to have a battery % display on my Charge!

Echodreamz
First Steps
I can't believe we are 2 years in on this and people are still asking for this and Fitbit hasn't done this. I mean how hard could it be??? Listen to your customers Fitbit!!!
Khalid_khan
Base Runner

Can u plz add battery percentage indicator on blaze so we know when we need to charge it n it doesnt die during workout or get unnecessary frquent charge...syncing it to see battery level also consumes battery i guess 😛

talgus
Jogger
the low battery indication and email (if activated) seem to come when 1/5 of a full charge is reached. this should mean 24 more hrs
have not tested, but low indication with immediate charge always starts at 1/5 full
ISudheer
Jogger
I Agree, definitely this must be added by Fitbit at a minimum! It's a required feature in my mind!
thesabareesh
Stepping Up

Show battery percentage and show in "batteries" on Apple notifications/today screen that is accessed by a top screen swipe down

ALD2355
Recovery Runner

Thanks for all the comments.  I posted this idea a year ago and nothing has happened.  Can it be so difficult to listen to users?

B3nchPress
First Steps

Had my Fitbit Blaze for a few weeks now and loving it, one thing that would be better for it is the Battery indicator. Instead of a bar and an email to say its running low how about changing it to a percentage status?

Moderator edit: Labels

b-morgan
Jogger

1,854 votes, 158 comments, and a "Brilliant suggestion!" from the moderator. You would think that after 2 years, something would have been done with a suggestion that should have minimal impact on the firmware.

fkm
Recovery Runner
I'm assuming there must be a technical limitation as I cant think of any other reason not to provide such basic functionality. As it stands, it's a bit of a guessing game when the Fitbit packs it in, but the easiest way would be to have battery life displayed on the device itself (somewhat does this very poorly when it's a bout to die). On the app, the issue is how often you sync but neither do I see this as a limitation.

To add to this, we should have user defined warnings when battery goes below x% before you go for a long run or better yet, Fitbit warns uyou before going that you may only be able to run 2km before Fitbit packs it in.
melvynadam
Recovery Runner

Sometimes it's hard to understand the purpose of these forums.

I've worked in a variety of tech companies and never seen a customer care team that can allow customer requests to sit for two years in the initial state! This is still shown as "New Suggestion" which, according to the forum definitions means it hasn't even been "Reviewed By Moderator" (the next stage, which even though it implies zero commitment, acknowledges the feature request).

After a reasonable threshold (a month or perhaps a hundred votes) this should either have been marked "Under Consideration" or "Declined". Otherwise why even have an official forum? We users may as well be on a sub-reddit chatting amongst ourselves without the pretense of Fitbit being involved.

RickyGoldsmith
Recovery Runner

I've used this forum as a reference to point at, when someone asks me about
buying a Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

KeyserSoze73
First Steps
Totally agree with this idea. One more displayed click sequence wouldn't hurt battery or performance.
marcheen
First Steps

Does anyone know the status of this suggestion? Seems simple enough, and it has only been reviewed by a mod after 2 years. Out of all the suggestions in this thread, I think that this one has to be one of the most practical and well needed updates.

drhormone
Stepping Up
Fitbit doesn't follow these oddly enough so I gathered all I had together and sent to their improve ment team

Sent from my iPhone
Reynomb
Jogger
Yes brilliant idea you have percentage on you phone why not on the Fitbit then you would know when to charge it
RubenB
Recovery Runner

I wanted to post a message about this feature but someone already did:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Battery-on-App-and-or-Dashboard/idi-p/320326

His message is from 2014 and today in the end of 2016 we still have the same issue.

Why ???

It's a simple thing to do because the various satus of the battery corresponds to % of the battery...

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited labels

SunriseRun1250
Tempo Runner

It takes 5 minutes to code this in for the app. In fact, the app already displays the battery but it' hidden by code that shifts it into low/medium/high. Come on FitBit, listen to your customers..even if it's just once!

Maybe this thread should be merged with https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/On-device-battery-indicator-status-on-Charge-HR/idi...

Cullenafc
Jogger
This would be a great addition as I never know when i should charge my device or when it has finished charging
Andruhevish
First Steps

The indicator is too small to see and doesn't give accurate indication of how much battery life is left. A percentage number would be much usefull. At least on a pobile phone app. Mine is FitBit Blaze

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
You can also link it to the Battery Widget.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.