More Notifications

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

562 Comments
nj-gal
First Steps

Yes please. I REALLY need notifications for What's App. I don't use SMS at all anymore but communicate on What's App with everybody.

Actually on a side-note: It would be really great, if you could make notifications for certain apps like What's App, email, facebook etc. available but also add a feature with which the user can then decide which notifications one would actually like to receive on the FitBit. I for one use Facebook really only for private stuff and wouldn't want to be notified by incoming messages there. Everybody probably has their own preferences regarding this.

Tao75
Tempo Runner
Just a reminder that Android users can download Fit notifications, to get all kinds of notifications to fitbit- Alta, Surge and Blaze
jcat30
Jogger
That doesn't help those that have Charge or Charge HR that has the ability to display call notifications, but nothing else.  With apps like bitticker, before the FitBit update, it was able to display any notifications we wanted.  This community enhancement item is only asking FitBit to either allow third party apps to work with the FitBit for notifications or develop it themselves.  No brainer!  The more time FitBit stalls on this, the more likely current and potential new customers will seek out other wearable technology that actually are responsive to it's client base instead of ignoring us like FitBit is doing.
denzil
Jogger
I'd quite like a silent alarm as a reminder for water consumption, especially if I haven't logged anything recently (or not enough) and my physical exertion is high.

Also custom notifications for hourly steps not being met, that kind of thing.

As others have said just expose this so that app developers can contribute! The app ecosystem needs to thrive to maintain the brand, that's a well established fact from other tech communities
hkchris
First Steps
Loving my tracker as soon as it landed on my wrist. But I can't help but feel a bit jelly when my android counterparts get all the cool notifications on their Blaze from Whatsapp, while I only get them when people message me through my dinosaur text messaging inbox.
Elles1
Jogger

Any chance of getting What's App notifications on the Blaze.

loftygit
Recovery Runner

It would be great if fitbit and apple could agree on a way to make more notifications available, please hurry up and let us know how you are progressing. +1 from me

Internal notifications such as a steps per hour warning (like the Alta) are in house and should be possible. +1 from me

I understand that fitbit Blaze is a fitness tracker not a smartwatch, but wouldn't it be great if you made it a bit smarter!

ericbitfit
Jogger
Email notifications are essential
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add Whatsapp notifications, please! When e cheap product like the cellularline easyfit touch (49 Euros) manages to get all the mayor notifications, it must be possible for the much more expensive fitbit alta, too

@jaylow90 wrote:

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

!

Chrismoo
Recovery Runner

I could not agree more!  I just bought a Blaze as I was hoping I could drop my Microsoft Band and my Charge.  The Band I have always kept for the great notifications support - on all platforms iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

I had hoped, guess I should have researched more, that the Blaze would have had the same level of notification support.  My assumption it being the newer device was that this would just be baked in.  It is a little disappointing to say the least and I hope Fitbit can add further support soon, if not it's back to the Band for me!  Fingers crossed for some news soon!!!

kgbman
Jogger

Agreed with all the words of the topic starter. i hopeviber, messenger and whatsapp will be added in the near future to iOS  app capabilities.

Chaester
First Steps
As a new owner of the Charge HR I am enjoying the obvious features like sleep, exercise and hydration monitoring. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed how convenient it was to get notification alerts on my Fitbit! I don't stare at my phone all day so having some indication of the more important communications is a perk that has me wanting more options than just incoming phone calls. This feature has tipped the scale away from wearing my traditional watch which I love. Please incorporate more notification options and features. Thanks.
Tanim
First Steps
No thanks, please keep it as lightweight as possible to extent battery life.
spyglass
Jogger

Agreed. Please add the possibility to push at least the major messaging/mailing application messages to Blaze.

For me the most important would be Viber and Email, on iOS. But of course, Android user shouldn't be forgotten, either. 🙂

J.

misshughes
First Steps
I purchased the blaze as soon as it came out. It was my third Fitbit and I wasn't ready to part with Fitbit as a company having enjoyed my flex and charge HR for so long. When they released the blaze, I thought great, a Fitbit version of the Apple Watch and purchased without a moments thought. But sadly I can see now that there is so much more the Apple Watch can do that blaze can't and I'm tempted to get an Apple Watch having waited 6 months for Fitbit to update the blaze to enable the main notifications etc. I want movement and drink reminders and whatsapp notifications. I can't get any of that on Fitbit and the only thing I would miss now is the challenges which isn't enough of an incentive for me to keep my blaze sadly.
Dvdpiper
First Steps
The cheaper vivosmart has more functions than the Alta. please add more notification options such as emails, whatsapp etc.
Bchaney80
First Steps
Tanim, you don't have to use the new features. Besides, it's not a pain to charge it.
ErikW94
First Steps
Gymgoal 2 Notifications on the Blaze or overall of course would be awesome!Or Push Notifications in General
S__h__w
First Steps
Please please add the ability to get different notifications on the Fitbit. I just bought a new blaze and didn't realise it was restricted to phone calls and text messages.
It would be useful to have the ability to select which notifications you get, but I would be happy with all of them.
I would like the options to see any notifications on my blaze that I would get on my phone. However, the most important is whatsapp as it is so widely used.
Thanks, I really hope to see this change soon!
rkmoray
Jogger

I need a new smartwatch and would love to get the Blaze. But until it receives email notifiations, is just a nice tracker, and I don't need another "nice tracker". Please add E-mail notification to your app.

danitc710
First Steps
Yes please... listen to the community!! Nobody uses SMS messages anymore, so the "text notifications" feature is useless, so please please please... include watsapp, fb notifications and more asap!
danitc710
First Steps
Yes please... listen to the community!! Nobody uses SMS messages anymore, so the "text notifications" feature is useless, so please please please... include watsapp and Facebook notifications and more asap!
jcat30
Jogger
Some of us still use SMS text notifications, so please don't assume that everyone uses facebook messenger or whatsapp.  The whole point of this enhancement request of more notifications is for Fitbit to develop the ability for us to choose any app notifications we want and have them display/vibrate on the Fitbit device including older models (Charge, Charge HR) on both iOS and Android.  As a community stop limiting the request to just iOS or Android or just facebook messenger or whatsapp, this request is larger than your specific desires, but it is too scream as much as we can online to get Fitbit to wake up to our need for ANY app notification to display.
Danielet10
First Steps
Yes...we need more notifications, i have the fitbit blaze and I don"t recieve sms anymore, the 95% of notifications I receive is whats app...and i would like to see reminders as well in the blaze, it would be very nice to go shopping to the supermarket and seeing your shopping list in your watch, without getting out your mobile
wyvernhall
First Steps
There is definitely a need to be able to select multiple apps for notifications.

I'd love to be able to select SMS, Facebook, and Hangouts apps on my Blaze instead of having to select just one.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.