More Notifications

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

562 Comments
Mhmadha
First Steps

I would love to have notified by whats app from my ios device on my fitbit alta. Pls update:( 

LindaPr
Stepping Up

Please add this to the Charge 2 as well!

MinhPham
First Steps

need more ios notification like Facebook, whatsapp, email... for Fitbit Alta HR

edwardraby
Jogger

Able to have notifications for Snapchat Facebook WhatsApp etc would be great for community and also having other people create clockmaker as well as fitbit

squipple
Jogger

The ability to add any app that gives notifications would cover everyone in this forum. 

Status changed to: New
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @edwardraby - re. third parties creating clock faces, this idea has been implemented for Fitbit's newest offering, Ionic and our newly launched SDK community. Ionic runs on Fitbit OS, our new operating system for smartwatches that will be regularly updated to add new user experiences. This includes the launch of the Fitbit App Gallery, where you can select the apps and clock faces that appeal to you. For the first time, developers and artists will be free to create additional smartwatch clock face choices from this fall, enabling them to develop any number of beautiful or feature-focused designs for Fitbit Ionic.

There's an existing suggestion around notifications, so I will merge your suggestion into that one. Thanks.

Mcrisby
First Steps

Here's my vote for adding Facebook notifications to the iPhone as soon as possible. I don't want to keep checking my phone! Thanks!

MatthewO
First Steps

Any plans to enable Slack notifications for Charge 2?

Dea78
First Steps

Still nothing? Why? Who uses SMS?

We need notifications for WhatsApp, please? What are you waiting for?

@jaylow90 wrote:

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

MichaelTruncale
First Steps

We definitely need more notifications! I would expect in the app a section to manage all notifications similar to the iPhone settings.

I’d love to see notifications for alerts on my phone whatever they are.

Noxyarg
First Steps

Hi all,

What inspired me to start this thread is to get more vote, in hope that the Fitbit team would consider introducing notification alert for the commonly used messengers (WhatsApp/ Telegram/ Facebook messenger/ line/ wechat) on all Fitbit wearables (regardless if you are a charge 2, Alta HR or a versa). Sometime, when we get too busy with our work, we often forget to reply important messages that were sent by your love ones/ family/ friends. Having a notification alert certain would mitigate sending late response to any important message. Of course, having the option to turn it off would be handy.

The last I checked, the last post on such notification suggestion was posted in 2016. I am hoping that the community could up vote this suggestion and hopefully have the Fitbit team implement such a change in the next firmware update.

Jotafit
First Steps

Please, improve the app for charge 2. We need notifications for Whatsapp, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, and others.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.